ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

As above really, I don't use them on my paint but for applying tyre shine and trim dressing there perfect. Only take about two weeks to arrive too.

e92 330i
I know a couple of people have applied af tough coat over tripple, so was just wondering how long its lasted?

I applied tc on bare paintwork all over bar the boot where i tried tripple under and the bonnet had amigo applied via da. Now the car is still beading a month later bar the boot, which seems unprotected after a couple of weeks? Any ideas?

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Typically 2 and a half, 3 months. how does it bead after washing? tripple will have a small effect on durability not nothing too bad

e92 330i
Not washed it since, just after heavy rain over the past few weeks, all bar the boot had beaded lovely, but the boot just looks unprotected. Didnt expect it after a few weeks.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
once a panel is dirty enough, the dirt alone is enough to stop the beading of any wax and sealant. boots of clios are terrible for it. wash it with a wax safe shampoo and report back. id be surprised if it doesnt bead again.

497adam

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 phase 2
I bought separately, not used the pads in the kits, and only ever used menz polishes.

I'd maybe use autofinesse's own pad with tripple, or a 3m blue, or hexlogic black or red. Once you've got hand with the polisher step up to something like rejuvenate or a finishing polish like menz 106fa with a white or green hexlogic or yellow 3m.

I was just going to ask the question you have answered for me, many thanks better get it ordered

I got a brand new bumper and had it sprayed and noticed that during the day the colour match is good but as the light fades the newly sprayed front bumper then looks slightly darker then the rest. My question is, is this because the reset of the car could do with a good polish as it has most likely not been done for a long time or is this just down to the fact that it isn’t a good/perfect match?

I doubt there would be enough items. But it would get around the stupidity of charging £5 for a month's access on DW.

e92 330i
once a panel is dirty enough, the dirt alone is enough to stop the beading of any wax and sealant. boots of clios are terrible for it. wash it with a wax safe shampoo and report back. id be surprised if it doesnt bead again.

Beading again. Cheers Dave ill remember that.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
I thought it would, very odd for TC to die off that quickly.

one of the great things with TC is that after a wash provided the surface is still resisting contaminants and dirt, it's as quick to lay down another layer as it is to give it a wipe over with a quick detailer. So get another layer on maybe once a month and it will not die off for quite some time.

Clio 182, Astra Sri
Had a nice Alfa to do a valet on today, 156 GTA. Superb machine, came up good too

588F4086-882C-4B14-B1A7-0A4C2E55F30D-20566-000013EE00FB116D.jpg

F03C898E-DF76-486B-B818-97404F3E624A-157-00000007BAA5112A.jpg

Next up is BG 182, same person who's got the Alfa owns it. Gets a bit more use though! Ouch

6A3F4039-3A73-4C87-9F89-1110BED1E9F6-157-00000005D106AC9A.jpg

Last edited:
  Golf GT & A4 Avant
love the 156, would like a GTA myself.

anyone used autofinesse powerseal on here? got a bottle to try out but im not overly keen on machine application as only have a rotary. will be trying it by both hand and machine over tough prep

Clio 182, Astra Sri
Yep I've got it. I've used it via da, but personally I think it would be better by rotary!

Just go for it. It's fairly nice to use tbh. Good results from it so far aswell

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Wow that Alfa looks immense! So in proprtion! I need to own an Alfa eventually!

Clio 182, Astra Sri
I think people dismiss them due to the 'unreliable' claims. But he said he keeps up the service history and it hasn't skipped a beat. When he pulled onto the drive I could hear a good grumble from inside the house, cool as f**k

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
They sound like something else. They all do.

I'd probably say they deserve the unreliable tag but of course you get goid ones!

Mini JCW
Two things :

1) As Poorboys BH is a cleaner as well as a glaze - will it strip the RG55 off that i'm currently using as LSP? (I didn't bother correcting the paint as it's sh*t weather, but the paint needs SOME attention, so gonna glaze and LSP) - or will I have to use another type of 'cleaner'.

2) The rubber seals I treat with Gummi Pfledge - however, even when I remove the excess and it's left to dry, it still streaks down the paintwork as soon as it rains - any other products other that Swissvax 'seal feed' recommended?

Not a 320d
Washed the 6er I did with oldskool C1 yesterday, must be 8 months now. Bonnet still beading strongly. The old C1 was so much better than this new s**t. Topped the car with c1.5, as the rest of the car was not beading (I only machine polished the bonnet - rest of the car went through full decontamination but didnt bond for some reason) hopefully itll for a bond with anything thats there.

Clio 182, Astra Sri
50/50 single pass with 3m blue pad and ultrafina se

AE3AE55B-43A6-405E-BA5C-877C8E859FE9-1338-00000117EE9E71E1.jpg

Really getting to grips with the rotary

Last edited:

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
UF is my favourite finishing polish. Did you do a serious IPA wipedown? UF have mega oils in hence great for jeweling!

Nice results JB, failing anything coming up after IPA wipedown.

Recently reaslised the only plus point to not being able to wash the Panzer is that there will be no marring! Two months since a decent detail, protection still going strong, rain cleans it, not swirls!

Clio 182, Astra Sri
No ipa wipe down tbf no. I'm sure it wouldn't still be much better still though.

It was a car I had infor a cheap wash and vacuum like the Alfa. I just went a bit further to show him what was possible if he gave it to me for a few days

Should be back in January for an enhancement detail

BG is the most rewarding paint when it comes up good

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
My point was going to be, Clio paint can be rock hard so that kind of correction on BG may lead to the oils filling.

That can be a good thing on quick details though aslong as the customer knows.

Clio 182, Astra Sri
It's no where near corrected, as I say, just 1 pass with a finishing polish and pad. I'd of probably gone for a megs#101 on a small wool pad next tbh, then refined with ultrafina again.

I did however try black hole afterwards to see if it could help with the left over swirls and it did nothing. So I assume if black hole made no difference then ultrafina did a good job of removing most minor defects.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
not used or know anyone that has, but seen reports that if something was to touch the screen it removes its properties and condensates on the parts you've touched. not sure how true this is or how it affects durability though

Clio 182, Astra Sri
I think that's during application though Dave?

But to make matters worse I haven't heard a good word about it still

Carpro have promised a new version this winter though