ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

They do sell extension bars for them.

However.

If you're shooting for really tight spaces, dont bother. You'll need a new machine. Consider the 'throw' of the machine (in other words, how far left-right, up-down in a sense) it is going to move. If you reduce the pad size, the throw wont become less so a smaller pad will be really quite unstable (ask me how I know). This is where the mini machines will work a lot better.

All depends on budget vs what you're shooting for. I bought a mini rotary for a job I had coming up and it was a lifesaver. Albeit rotary is quite a different beast.
That makes sense. I've got a few machines now including some older rotaries, so not worried about using one. I'll look at costs of the machines and see if I can justify it.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
That makes sense. I've got a few machines now including some older rotaries, so not worried about using one. I'll look at costs of the machines and see if I can justify it.
I use one of these for super tight spaces. Got about 30 different heads that can go on it too. Only had it a few weeks but used it so much already.

I use one of these for super tight spaces. Got about 30 different heads that can go on it too. Only had it a few weeks but used it so much already.

That's interesting - have you got some longer extensions as the shape of it would produce the same issue trying to get into air vents on the bonnet.

IMG_0603.jpeg

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
What is everyone using for alcantara cleaner both brush and cleaning product.

Also looking for a new tar and glue remover?

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
What is everyone using for alcantara cleaner both brush and cleaning product.

Also looking for a new tar and glue remover?
I’m using a detail factory ultra soft bristle brush and the gtechniq tri clean. I use it on sparco half leather and alacantra seats and pretty much the whole interior

as for the tar remover, I’m using the gyeon tar remover

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Just out of interest , I can’t remember top of my head. When using Tar Remover when you add it to the paintwork I presume all panels at the same time and leave it to absorb can you pressure washer it off or do you have to go by hand to remove the residue and tar?

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Just out of interest , I can’t remember top of my head. When using Tar Remover when you add it to the paintwork I presume all panels at the same time and leave it to absorb can you pressure washer it off or do you have to go by hand to remove the residue and tar?

Bit at a time, you don't want it drying out. Definitely not in full sun.

Small bits will melt away and just pressure wash off, others will need a wipe over with a microfibre and then rinse.

Reactions: riz

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Bit at a time, you don't want it drying out. Definitely not in full sun.

Small bits will melt away and just pressure wash off, others will need a wipe over with a microfibre and then rinse.
Yeah that’s fine, been a while since I’ve used the tar remover. Need mine doing , I’ve used the iron remover way more times and ok with that.

Cheers for clarifying

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Wash properly. Tar remover panel at a time on a wet car, leave to dwell not in sun, Bit of a spray on the microfibre aswell and wipe without too much pressure. Ideally double hit per panel if bad.

Rinse

Then iron remover, same process don't let it dry. Wipe over if needed but shouldn't need it. Let it run/melt the iron remover.

Rinse

Clay

Rinse/wash/snow foam.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Wash properly. Tar remover panel at a time on a wet car, leave to dwell not in sun, Bit of a spray on the microfibre aswell and wipe without too much pressure. Ideally double hit per panel if bad.

Rinse

Then iron remover, same process don't let it dry. Wipe over if needed but shouldn't need it. Let it run/melt the iron remover.

Rinse

Clay

Rinse/wash/snow foam.
sorry I'm a little confused, do i wash and clean the panels before i use the tar and iron remover and then wash and clean the car afterwards again?
I had a read on the the gyeon bottle it says use on a dry panel. I presume it works either way?

Also could i use the tar remover on the windscreen too? or just use glass cleaner that sort of thing,

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Had an email from clean and shiny and this came up, wonder if this would be an option too?

Reactions: riz

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Had an email from clean and shiny and this came up, wonder if this would be an option too?

That's more of a waterspot removal and decon shampoo.

Reactions: JD

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Wow, didn't know that about the Adams. Never found any of their products to be disappointing.