ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
thought and wash my dads car this morning , it's been a while. It also sits underneath a tree and the near side and the roof is covered in tree sap. I washed and used the tar remover and scrubbed as best as i could but there's still a lot sap on the car. Is there anything i can do other than go at it again and again?
I’ve used this on a car once, worked really really well. Also, if you can, hot water.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
what tar remover are you using?, clay bar/mitt can remove it
I’m using Gyoen Tar, it’s not just spots here and there it’s like a thick layer of it. I’ve gotten most of it off it’s just the stubern left overs. It’s mainly the roof and spoiler that’s left

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
I’ve used this on a car once, worked really really well. Also, if you can, hot water.

Thanks I will take a look at that. Been a very long time since I’ve been on eBay lol. Did you just leave it to dwel for a few mins and wipe off or did it just need a pressure washer to get rid of it

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Thanks I will take a look at that. Been a very long time since I’ve been on eBay lol. Did you just leave it to dwel for a few mins and wipe off or did it just need a pressure washer to get rid of it
Car was dry and cold, out of direct sunlight, sprayed it on, left to sit for 2/3 mins, then washed the panels with a bucket of hot water and a microfibre cloth. (They’re more grabby than wash mitts - that was my justification)

I need something ultra hydrophobic that’s plastic clear friendly. My rear screen isn’t heated and coming into the cooler months it makes it impossible to see out of until well into my journey. Any suggestions?

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
I need something ultra hydrophobic that’s plastic clear friendly. My rear screen isn’t heated and coming into the cooler months it makes it impossible to see out of until well into my journey. Any suggestions?

Gtechniq G5 can be used on plastics.

Not sure about any of the ceramic offerings with them being solvent based.

Reactions: JD