ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Do you want easy spray sealant or something wax like, Z2 for eg.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Yeah I've got a a couple of the Megs one's but as everything seems to now be applied via MF Pads rather than Foam pads I need a load more.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I thought I did a good job... Its a little streaky. Shall I just wash the screen or go over with g2,

IPA/Panel wipe or G2 if you have enough mate. It'll remove the residue.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Some stripper scent just landed on my desk, along with a few other things. Love the smell of that stuff, shame it doesn't last long!

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Think I need to go over my front screen with G2 again, Was worried about using too much and now see a few streaks once some condensation builds on it :(

Golf GT & A4 Avant
recommendations for bulk buy shampoo's please. I know what's available but not used many of them, especially the Megs hyperwash and shampoo plus. Must be non gloss and wax enhacing so I can use it with fussy LSP's like nano coatings.

Currently using AF Lather, nothing wrong with it at all just considering alternatives

AF Lather £35 for 5L (£7 / 1l)
GTechniq GWash £32.24 for 3.8L (£8.42 / 1l)
Megs hyperwash £33.50 for 3.8L (£8.81 / 1l)
Megs shampoo plus at £24.50 for 3.8L (£6.44 / 1l)

Golf GT & A4 Avant
I was thinking the same TBH, and with another formula of Lather now released it should sud up well, but thought I'd explore the other options.

recommendations for bulk buy shampoo's please. I know what's available but not used many of them, especially the Megs hyperwash and shampoo plus. Must be non gloss and wax enhacing so I can use it with fussy LSP's like nano coatings.

Currently using AF Lather, nothing wrong with it at all just considering alternatives

AF Lather £35 for 5L (£7 / 1l)
GTechniq GWash £32.24 for 3.8L (£8.42 / 1l)
Megs hyperwash £33.50 for 3.8L (£8.81 / 1l)
Megs shampoo plus at £24.50 for 3.8L (£6.44 / 1l)

Hyper wash, if you're talking bulk and dilution ratios. John from PB did some calcs a while ago. Smashed the others out of the park.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
CYC claim 400:1, does that sound about right to what you use it to? As I use a little less with Lather.

What's it like though? it's been years since I've used it and can't really remember.

PB only mention it as a pre wash not a shampoo as all the other suppliers state.

He posted 400/1 for every wash. So if you're taking a standard 13l bucket, that's 32.5ml of HW. So 116.9 washes, which is 28p per wash.

Tha.

Really?! Got any links, I may give it a go if that's the case.

See above chap, same thing he did, but less confusing IIRC!

CYC claim 400:1, does that sound about right to what you use it to? As I use a little less with Lather.

What's it like though? it's been years since I've used it and can't really remember.

PB only mention it as a pre wash not a shampoo as all the other suppliers state.

Slick in hard and soft water, suds well, cleans well as a pre wash and a shampoo. I swear by it. Still got my second bulk buy. That's several years from one...

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Lol 'squeeks when he walks'

I open lid and pour, walk away as it's filling then come back to a sea of bubbles!!!! Laarvely!

Golf GT & A4 Avant
I did get a couple of dispensers for the 5L bottles, but they chuck out a load in one go. Never actually measured it but always way more than is needed.

Off topic a little. anyone still able to get RDS at a discounted price? all my local supermarkets are either sold out or £6+. I have 500ml left so will be buying either 5L of AF citrus power, Valet Pro ANSF or citurs pre wash if I can't find any soon

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Went to sainsbury's on Friday and picked a few up for £2.19 I'll get you some and JD some when I go tomorrow if it's still there of course.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
My local sainsbury's have been sold out since the offer and not re-stocking so far.

Will have to resort to diluting unless i get something soon.

I did get a couple of dispensers for the 5L bottles, but they chuck out a load in one go. Never actually measured it but always way more than is needed.

Off topic a little. anyone still able to get RDS at a discounted price? all my local supermarkets are either sold out or £6+. I have 500ml left so will be buying either 5L of AF citrus power, Valet Pro ANSF or citurs pre wash if I can't find any soon

As Ant has said fella. I'm checking one last place tonight and if they don't have it, I'll be relying on Sir Anthony of TheUnitington.

Not a 320d
Thought hyperwash had s**t in it?

Hated that stuff. Rather shampoo plus, but if nano sealant then its Gwash or BTBM or nothing IMO.

Peace out.