ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

Golf GT & A4 Avant
agree Ant, diluted RDS is not much better than plain water rinse.

BTBM although a very good shampoo, costs a fortune when compared to 5L bottles available.

BTBM although a very good shampoo, costs a fortune when compared to 5L bottles available.

I never dilute RDS. It works as well as 1:1 AF CP IIRC IMHO. etc.

I love BTBM but as you say I can't justify costs!

Quite liked the Hubikote product in the WB the other month. Fancy another, larger bottle of that TBQFH, YGM?

Not a 320d

I love BTBM but as you say I can't justify costs!

But surely you cant put a price on your cars paintwork?

Seriously £15 a bottle or so and its 2 caps a wash. How is that too expensive?

Youd be disgusted if you knew how much I spent on detailing products.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Because I don't just do my car Toby lol you'd actually throw up if you see how much I spend lol

Golf GT & A4 Avant
But surely you cant put a price on your cars paintwork?

Seriously £15 a bottle or so and its 2 caps a wash. How is that too expensive?

Youd be disgusted if you knew how much I spent on detailing products.

So gwash, lather and megs offerings are going to negative affect on the paint? More so than btbm?

Also having a baby means I want to keep spending on a stupid hobby as low as possible, so based on btbm at £16 for 500ml, or lather / gwash at £4.50 for 500ml there's a big difference.

I like btbm but it's cost doesn't reflect its quality over the competition. It's not 3x better.

Also buying 5l my tight ass friends can buy it off me for what it costs so it helps them out

Not a 320d
You said nano? Gwash wont have a negative effect, i cant remember what it costs.

I tried Gwash. Was good but went back to BTBM.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
im wanting it to be non gloss and wax enhacing so it shouldnt interfere with nano coatings, which im pretty sure the shampoos I mentioned are?

BTBM is £16 / litre where as all the others are at least half that

Trophy #491
Completed my winter prep today. Finally got to use my C2V3 ive had sat around. A dream to apply (even with the applicator pad sticking). Looking forwards to seeing if it can live up to my high hopes :)

Not a 320d
ooook. Its actually about £27 for a litre.

http://www.elitecarcare.co.uk/dodo-juice-born-to-be-mild-shampoo-1-litre.php?cPath=57

I once was in that position....... Where I had to invest wisely in a bulk shampoo. Had loads of cars to do so went with shampoo plus, then went with hyperwash for its dulution ratio following that but then went back to Shampoo plus. I dont know if either contain anything but when I was trying to preserve a nano finish I always used BTBM and once used G Wash as its basically the same s**t.

Always had BTBM but saved that for my own or the cars I really gave a s**t about.

When I was on minimum wage cost saving in that way was really important to me because £16 was a lot of money.

ooook. Its actually about £27 for a litre.

http://www.elitecarcare.co.uk/dodo-juice-born-to-be-mild-shampoo-1-litre.php?cPath=57

I once was in that position....... Where I had to invest wisely in a bulk shampoo. Had loads of cars to do so went with shampoo plus, then went with hyperwash for its dulution ratio following that but then went back to Shampoo plus. I dont know if either contain anything but when I was trying to preserve a nano finish I always used BTBM and once used G Wash as its basically the same s**t.

Always had BTBM but saved that for my own or the cars I really gave a s**t about.

When I was on minimum wage cost saving in that way was really important to me because £16 was a lot of money.

You're still on minimum wage, in comparison to your GF and I. Who I'm diddling, by the way. Something about a real man and an Audi?

OT - Hyperwash doesn't add anything. No gloss enhancers etc. Hence my (and PB's) love of it.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Price wise, gwash and hyperwash are pretty similar with similar dilution ratios. I don't see myself using it as a pre wash or foam so gwash is looking likely.

Finally received my Chemical Guys clay mitt today, only took 2 weeks. It doesn't look much for £40

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Let me know how you get ok with it, may be a possible replacement for when my pad wears out

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Completed my winter prep today. Finally got to use my C2V3 ive had sat around. A dream to apply (even with the applicator pad sticking). Looking forwards to seeing if it can live up to my high hopes :)

2 mf cloths is a lot easier mate.

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Kev, where you been.

Thoughts on shampoo available in 5L bottles

Im looking at buying another shampoo now as my Lather is running out fast. Going to be investing in a 5L I think.

Out of interest, do you guys measure how much shampoo you put in, compared to the amount of water? I tend to glug in shampoo and just fill to the top. I have 3 x 20L buckets. Would you measure? Or is a blob good enough?

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
Im looking at buying another shampoo now as my Lather is running out fast. Going to be investing in a 5L I think.

Out of interest, do you guys measure how much shampoo you put in, compared to the amount of water? I tend to glug in shampoo and just fill to the top. I have 3 x 20L buckets. Would you measure? Or is a blob good enough?

Get AB Banana gloss. Nothing comes close

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Doesn't AB banana gloss contain wax and gloss enhancers? If so doesn't make the shortlist as it will affect your wax / sealant by leaving something behind.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Have to say I was quite happy with the beading from c2v3, will be good to see how well it works on a dirty car.

It'll be getting another few layers next wash and that will be it for the winter. Other than maybe a quick spray with CB and a pressure washer at the local garage.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
What products do you already have? What is your usual cleaning habits and how often do you do it?

Dan...

ClioSport Club Member
What products do you already have? What is your usual cleaning habits and how often do you do it?

Clean it pretty much every weekend if the weather is good enough lol! But bugger keeping that standard up through the winter. I just want to protect it while I don't wash it.

Normally just a was with chemical guys pink shampoo, towel dry, SRP (occasionally) then AF tough coat (every couple of months ish). For the wheels I used dragons breathe but I've ran out, finish the tries with AF satin tyre gel.

Should I just give it a good clean, polish and wax then leave it until the weather picks up?

Something durable or easy to apply so it can be topeed up with multiple layers to see you through winter.

The former in my eyes. Just recently topped up my C2V3 and will not being doing anything else until March now. Wheels the same. Arches are still beading from Fk1000p and C4.

Lou

I have just had my bumper resprayed on my car - how long should I leave it before polishing/waxing? Forgot to ask the place that carried out the work.