ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Guys, I have a 30Ml sample of CarPro Hydr02 that has been sat with my stuff for a few months - Anyone used it before? Any good or should i just leave it there?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Go 50/50 with distilled water and spray over wet car. Great product imo.

172 Cup,Gtr,gttdi
Thinking of topping up my cleaning box to add a few bits, what do you all think to this list, is there anything you would add or change?

All auto finesse,

Avalanche
Citrus power
Iron out
Tripple
Oblitarate
Clay bar
Glide
And possibly temptation (as a need a wax)

Suzuki Ignis Sport
Thinking of topping up my cleaning box to add a few bits, what do you all think to this list, is there anything you would add or change?

All auto finesse,

Avalanche
Citrus power
Iron out
Tripple
Oblitarate
Clay bar
Glide

Can't go wrong with AF stuff. Would use a different wheel cleaner though, will get expensive!

All auto finesse,

Avalanche
Citrus power
Iron out
Tripple
Oblitarate
Clay bar
Glide

Easiest place to start is to say what process you need/want to update.

Looks like decontamination, pre wash, filler polish and waxing to me. But what do you currently wash with etc?

If you want personal opinions on the products, we can do that too;

Iron out - iron x still works better
Oblitarate - tardis is more effective
Avalanche - wasn't fussed by it
CP - utterly superb pre wash that's wax safe
Clay bar - haven't tried
Glide - demon shine is cheaper, or go for the bilt hamber clay and just use water
Temptation, illusion etc - all pretty good in my eyes. But depends what you're looking for

And tripple... Ahhhhh tripple. The finest of the AF range. Utterly brilliant.

ygapa2y3.jpg

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
I used Avalanche for the first time on Friday. Did what it said on the bottle, two inches and top to 1 litre. I wouldn't call it foam, just came out like soapy water! Awful. Didn't cling or really do much.

Tried it again today, added more snow foam to the mixture.. Still didn't help much. Am I doing something wrong here? Is there a knack to it?

I much prefer the considerately cheaper Valet Pro snow foam at the moment.

Rubicon_

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
Ok so I now have a Karcher snow foam lance and the snow foam, anyone care to explain how i go about setting it up? Don't want to waste the stuff doing it wrong.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
it all depends on your belief of what a snow foam can do. many on DW confuse actual fact with persona opinion.

if you think its going tonbe a touchless wash you'll be dissapointed. use it as a tool to remove the worst of the grime as it will typically soften a lot more dirt than pressure rinse alone, but will alsways need a proper contact wash to come clean. think of it as nothing more than an aid to your main wash and you wont be dissapointed

avalanche seemed to worknas well as all the others, they all seem to perform to a similar level in my use, but depends if you want a thick dense foam that will cling for 30minutes, or happy with something that will start to run off after 5minutes, but it still softens grime just ad much as others

Rubicon_

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
it all depends on your belief of what a snow foam can do. many on DW confuse actual fact with persona opinion.

if you think its going tonbe a touchless wash you'll be dissapointed. use it as a tool to remove the worst of the grime as it will typically soften a lot more dirt than pressure rinse alone, but will alsways need a proper contact wash to come clean. think of it as nothing more than an aid to your main wash and you wont be dissapointed

avalanche seemed to worknas well as all the others, they all seem to perform to a similar level in my use, but depends if you want a thick dense foam that will cling for 30minutes, or happy with something that will start to run off after 5minutes, but it still softens grime just ad much as others

Yep it's definately only for a pre wash. I'm just unsure of how the attachment works? I take it the tap on top just adjusts how thick the foam is?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Great idea mate, old C2 diluted worked really well even as a standalone sealant.

Great idea mate, old C2 diluted worked really well even as a standalone sealant.

Need to do this. Tbh, with my lack of space and time, I just use what ever is to hand. So Sonax this weekend, C2V3 couple of weekends before, will do C2V3 diluted next time I think.

So you never use a hose pipe? Or jet wash?

Distilled water for QD as that's a finishing product. Some detailers use filters so the hose pipe/jet wash only gets filtered water, but this is massively overkill for your use. And will cost you £45 a quarter for the filter.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Yeah I know what you mean with regards it doesn't seem to do much. Unless its just expensive fine water and your tricked into believing its amazing lol

What are people using for wheel brushes?

I need it to work on the standard 182 alloys and TD 1.2's specifically, and potentially Turinis in the future. Obviously this will have a bearing on width of the brush etc...

Don't mind having maybe 2 for different applications but don't want to go overboard

Budget of around £20 for both sufficient?

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200

I need it to work on the standard 182 alloys and TD 1.2's specifically, and potentially Turinis in the future. Obviously this will have a bearing on width of the brush etc...

Don't mind having maybe 2 for different applications but don't want to go overboard

Bit more expensive, but I have wheel woolies. I love them!

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Guys, what are your thoughts on sealing over a glaze? Recently applied AutoBrite Cherry glaze to my girlfriends car, with the intention of waxing after. Ended up didn't have time to wax and its going to be done this saturday instead. So to get something on there quick I chucked on some Tough Coat.

As said, the plan is to strip it anyway, but would the sealant bond to the glazed paint?

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Depends on the sealant as some, like Toughcoat, aren't really fussy about what they sit over.

What we're you thinking of using instead?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I use that cherry glaze, find it pretty good. I've used tough coat and any other wax with good affect tbh.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member

Ez detail brush mate and of course a little one like VP for faces etc.