ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Slight change of plan for my winter prep, received some samples of Black Magic Details Helios and Genesis waxes.

Used them both tonight on the golf on bare prepped paint and were very nice to use, Helios reminded me an awful lot of vics Concours, with Genesis like AF Passion. Will get a 2nd coat on in the next couple of days as I was in a bit of a rush tonight, but will also try them over a glaze on the focus to compare durability this weekend

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Too big and long for me. No 'bite'. They sell the EZ detail brush. It's a must.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
They sell the SV wheel brush but Valet Pro black one is one of the best out there just now.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Need the big one for wheels mate. Ez brush and VP brush is pretty perfect for a starter wheel cleaning.

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Depends on the sealant as some, like Toughcoat, aren't really fussy about what they sit over.

What we're you thinking of using instead?

I was going to go over it with Carbon, but ran out of time. Was just thinking at work I know some sealants dont like glazes, good to know tough coat is well.. Tough! :)

Not a 320d
You seen the new EZ go Gally?

Ive got one. Its about time they made one that wasnt s**t.

Well worth my money. Not been this pleased with a purchase of detailing gear since I got BTBM

Not a 320d
EZ-GO.jpg

Also this one is great:
vikan_wheel.jpg

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Have you read the instructions? Follow exactly that.

Wash the car, rinse off but leave wet. Dilute 3:1, personally I see 2:1 as a waste of product. Spray product on then 'shock' with the pressure washer until the light foaming stops then run over the car with an open hose. Either use the open hose method of drying, air or just drive off in it. Do not touch with a towel. The whole point of this product is ease and the less contact with the paint work the better.

Water behaviour is amazing, adds a nice shine and is easily as durable as it's meant to be. Spray it on everything.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
What's the new EZ brush? Different stalk?

I've had mine for years now and it's still in one piece. I put it back in the plastic cover after every use.

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Have you read the instructions? Follow exactly that.

Wash the car, rinse off but leave wet. Dilute 3:1, personally I see 2:1 as a waste of product. Spray product on then 'shock' with the pressure washer until the light foaming stops then run over the car with an open hose. Either use the open hose method of drying, air or just drive off in it. Do not touch with a towel. The whole point of this product is ease and the less contact with the paint work the better.

Water behaviour is amazing, adds a nice shine and is easily as durable as it's meant to be. Spray it on everything.

Made me chuckle haha - I have a 30ml sample, enough to do a whole car?

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Nah Gally said 2:1 earlier lol

Get it used, you'll be really impressed, most impressive product I've used this year tbh.

Not a 320d
What's the new EZ brush? Different stalk?

I've had mine for years now and it's still in one piece. I put it back in the plastic cover after every use.

Called the EZ go. Its like a massive toilet brush.

The handle on this is really sturdy...... they have finally listened to everyone moaning how s**t it was .Only £15 too.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Doesn't look as good as the original one. Someone told me the Daytona speedmaster brush (Red) was more sturdy.

Had the large EZ a few years, only broke when dad did something to it, but the sake of £20 I just bought him another. I now use the broken one as it's just the handle that's come off. Bet I could put together a new one tbh.

Ant, Hydro sounds like a good product for my detailing needs. Presume it needs the pressure of the PW to bond? i.e. just hosing will be a waste? Could I use the local jet wash, even thought the water is hard as nails?

I never diluted it... Doh....

I also only put it on the paintwork.... ( please tell me that's right or can I put it everywhere? )

Only diluted if you're using it as a quick detailer (QD), so after washing to aid drying, to top up, to remove dust/hard water spots/finger prints etc.

If you're using it to protect after polishing (with Tripple as discussed), then you use it neat. Can be used on glass, plastics, paint, metal, wheels etc. That's the beauty of it.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
I'm itching to use my C2v3 BUT I've not long put TC on my car so thinking I'm best to wait a while until I do a proper decon and polish
Or could I just dilute and use as QD and still see decent results?

Don't want to waste it.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Had the large EZ a few years, only broke when dad did something to it, but the sake of £20 I just bought him another. I now use the broken one as it's just the handle that's come off. Bet I could put together a new one tbh.

Ant, Hydro sounds like a good product for my detailing needs. Presume it needs the pressure of the PW to bond? i.e. just hosing will be a waste? Could I use the local jet wash, even thought the water is hard as nails?

Tbh I think a hose would be fine mate, sprinkler setting if possible. It's so so easy to use it's ridiculous.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I find it does need that initial shock from the pressure washer, a local jet wash will be fine mate. Perfect in fact as the drive back home will completely dry it off. Hard water doesn't really affect it either mate.

I'm itching to use my C2v3 BUT I've not long put TC on my car so thinking I'm best to wait a while until I do a proper decon and polish
Or could I just dilute and use as QD and still see decent results?

Don't want to waste it.

Depends why you bought it, Andy. If you bought it to replace/compare to TC, I'd save it. If you bought it as a good product, using it as a diluted QD top up is not an issue. I've got the WaxyBox Sonax Extreme over my C2V3 neat, so really mixing and matching products. I don't buy to test what's best any more (longevity wise), as long as it's easy to use and leaves a good finish and has good water behaviour.

Tbh I think a hose would be fine mate, sprinkler setting if possible. It's so so easy to use it's ridiculous.

I find it does need that initial shock from the pressure washer, a local jet wash will be fine mate. Perfect in fact as the drive back home will completely dry it off. Hard water doesn't really affect it either mate.

Cheers both, yeah Kev, have heard as much. Ant, good stuff about the hard water. The local jet wash leaves awful streaks if I just drive off without a decent protection on it. Awful place, sadly.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Depends why you bought it, Andy. If you bought it to replace/compare to TC, I'd save it. If you bought it as a good product, using it as a diluted QD top up is not an issue. I've got the WaxyBox Sonax Extreme over my C2V3 neat, so really mixing and matching products. I don't buy to test what's best any more (longevity wise), as long as it's easy to use and leaves a good finish and has good water behaviour.

Think I'll leave it for now and carry on just using the QD samples from my Waxybox, Been using the Nanolex stuff the last 2 washes but may try the Sonax stuff this time, Car is going to be sat in a car park for a week whilst I go away so hopefully it'll give it a little protection.

Will wait and use C2v3 properly and get some filtered water to dilute as a QD.

RB 182
Quick question. I haven't got a dedicated trim restorer so I tend to just whack a bit of Meguiars tyre endurance gel on the plastics when they start looking tired, but this only lasts a week or two. I've got c2v3, so would applying the Megs, waiting for it to dry and then applying the c2 on top make it more durable or would a dedicated product be better?

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
I'd say a dedicated product would still be better, AF Revive is a good product or if you want a longer lasting product go with G-Techniq C4.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Quick question. I haven't got a dedicated trim restorer so I tend to just whack a bit of Meguiars tyre endurance gel on the plastics when they start looking tired, but this only lasts a week or two. I've got c2v3, so would applying the Megs, waiting for it to dry and then applying the c2 on top make it more durable or would a dedicated product be better?

That's a bad idea.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
In defence the second one was a first ever clay on a 10 year old Ford Puma but the person did admit they had no clue what they were doing.

Wish I could find the Focus RS one. Saddened me.