ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

Clio 172 Cup
I'm looking at getting a new pressure washer, the one i have at the minute is the Karcher K3.99. Been looking at another Karcher the K2, K3 Full Control or the K5. What pressure washers you lot using at the minute?
I have got the K2 mate the baby one and to be honest it’s more than enough for me an enthusiastic detailer at home. Just get a decent snow foam lance and it will be more than enough

Clio 172 Cup
I probably should have said, my biggest paranoia when it comes to these 'interim' washes is swirls. I've got some megs waterless wash which I'm not going near any more unless urgent. So I'd probably just go thr extra step of foaming and then as you've said above. Cheers!
Hi mate I am this stage too I will prob throw some citrus pre wash over do a thorough snow foam and a wash then dry off and use a quick detailer to clean up

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
The importance of dressing the rubber bits around your wheels...

IMG_20200414_152815-01.jpeg

IMG_20200414_152805-01.jpeg

🤓

Actually, I did one side of car with PERL and one with an ancient bottle of CG trim gel which is probably, older than that 7 year old @gally calls his daughter....

Will see how they last.

Car needs another wash though, as it is minging from pollen/dust/rain since it was washed and hasn't moved, so looks like a leopard covered in yellow spots.

Last edited:

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Made a start on correcting the paint on the Megane today.

Only managed to get the bonnet and front bumper done. I’ll try and get the rest done tomorrow.

Washed, clayed and then a hit of IronX.

Then used Carpro Clearcut with a Rupes microfibre pad via a DAS6 Pro and Rupes Bigfoot mini for the smaller areas.

I then used Carpro Essence with a soft Hex finishing pad.

LSP was C2v3. I think the result speaks for itself..

3188427F-52AA-4C68-AAC2-0A265401F390.jpeg

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
The importance of dressing the rubber bits around your wheels...

View attachment 1466274

View attachment 1466275

🤓

Actually, I did one side of car with PERL and one with an ancient bottle of CG trim gel which is probably, older than that 7 year old @gally calls his daughter....

Will see how they last.

Car needs another wash though, as it is minging from pollen/dust/rain since it was washed and hasn't moved, so looks like a leopard covered in yellow spots.
Chem guys usually washes off easy. Pearl is really nice. I like to apply it neatish to tyres. Nice in between matte and satin.

Megs is still a favourite of mine as it's easier to apply than the likes of gyeon tire etc which last longer. I like to apply often anyway so lasting long doesn't make any difference.

Speed wise perl is so simply. Wheels look super clean btw!

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Chem guys usually washes off easy. Pearl is really nice. I like to apply it neatish to tyres. Nice in between matte and satin.

Megs is still a favourite of mine as it's easier to apply than the likes of gyeon tire etc which last longer. I like to apply often anyway so lasting long doesn't make any difference.

Yeah they look clean..

They're not. Definitely all need refurbishing.

Those two are the passenger side and are much much nicer than the driver's side pair o_O

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin

Pearl FTW

Mbeau

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172

What is the one you like best? I am after something to replace my empty bottle of autoglym, which I found to be a bit too glossy. Cheers

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
I'm looking at getting a new pressure washer, the one i have at the minute is the Karcher K3.99. Been looking at another Karcher the K2, K3 Full Control or the K5. What pressure washers you lot using at the minute?

How much do you want to spend?

K5 and K7 are good PWs. If you want something that feels like a petrol station PW and built to last a lifetime then go for a Kranzle. My 1152 is epic and although pricey it’s one of my best bits of detailing kit I own. For something that I use once a week, it’s worth the extra expense.

336c13500cd2c07767e5321f8ecdf958.jpg

Reactions: Gus

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Definitely perl, do a couple of tests and see what suits you. If not you've not lost anything as it can be used on so much stuff.

Another recommendation would be gyeon tire.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
How much do you want to spend?

K5 and K7 are good PWs. If you want something that feels like a petrol station PW and built to last a lifetime then go for a Kranzle. My 1152 is epic and although pricey it’s one of my best bits of detailing kit I own. For something that I use once a week, it’s worth the extra expense.

View attachment 1466318
Something around £100 - £200, the K7 is out of reach to be honest

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I use Gyeon tyre gel but might have to try this Perl next although I'm pretty happy with Gyeon and don't find application too difficult. Have Gtechniq T1 but didn't find that to be great tbh.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5

I got a Nilfisk C110 or something probably 8 or 9 years ago now and I can't fault it, it's still as good as it was when I bought it and I've not looked after it particularly well!

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
I got a Nilfisk C110 or something probably 8 or 9 years ago now and I can't fault it, it's still as good as it was when I bought it and I've not looked after it particularly well!

Get a Nilfisk.

I’m on my second one. First was a £90 job and was used extensively for 5 years before it gave up the ghost.

My current one is a slightly more expensive one and has also taken a pounding over the last 4 years and is still going strong.

I’d love to drop £700 on a Kranzle but I just can’t see the point in spending 30 years worth of cheap pressure washer money on one when a Nilfisk is perfectly adequate for everything I use it for.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Scuppered plans slightly.

Was going to buy the Mitchell and king polisher but they are shut for delivering.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Mitchell and king polisher? Eh! Did they put a sticker on a das pro?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
They are meant to be very good.

I recommend everyone watch some kamikaze videos to see what polishing can be right with the correct technique and products.

With have an old rupes (lh 15 iirc?!?) In work that the lads use every now and then. Just have a single cutting pad (white) they use with compound. Seems to work well tbf. I tried it on my bumper before lockdown and expected it to be hard work.

Wether I would be confident doing the whole car is another thing.

Mbeau

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Following some reading on here I have just ordered the following

Surflex HD as an APC
Carpro Pearl
Carpro Iron X
Autosmart Tardis
Autosmart spray bottles x 3

Tardis only comes in 5ltr tins. The Suflex is significantly cheaper as a 5ltr tin over a 1ltr bottle so did the same! Should make prep a bit easier and save keep buying smaller bottles.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
With have an old rupes (lh 15 iirc?!?) In work that the lads use every now and then. Just have a single cutting pad (white) they use with compound. Seems to work well tbf. I tried it on my bumper before lockdown and expected it to be hard work.

Wether I would be confident doing the whole car is another thing.
15 is decent.

Is it the new tech stuff or old? White is a finishing pad. Check polished bliss for colours etc and compounds they do. Will do a full car nicely but need paired with the correct stuff.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
I’d love to drop £700 on a Kranzle but I just can’t see the point in spending 30 years worth of cheap pressure washer money on one when a Nilfisk is perfectly adequate for everything I use it for.

Understood and I thought the same until I tried one. Same as every other detailing world owner. I've never seen anyone say anything negative about them unlike Nilfisk and Karcher owners.

Beers and opinions though.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
I spent all last week doing house jobs while it was cloudy outside and now I've got time to clean the car it's sat in direct sun all bloody day. Anyone got a pop up gazebo that covers a clio?

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Understood and I thought the same until I tried one. Same as every other detailing world owner. I've never seen anyone say anything negative about them unlike Nilfisk and Karcher owners.

Beers and opinions though.

Yeah horses for courses I guess. But I’ve never had anything negative to say about my Nilfisk.

If I win the lottery I’ll absolutely no doubt be busting a Kranzle though.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Finally got the attachments so my snowfoam fits my new pressure washer.

Forgot how much I childishly enjoy snowfoam and it's so much better with a bit more pressure through it.

Car was only dusty so 2 hits of snowfoam and a wipe over of the wheels and dried.

Need to give it the works at some point but very busy with work so need to find a day I've got completely free.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Great for decontamination or glazing etc but not really for correction work. I like them. Useful tools.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Maybe auto finesse range. If not you really need microfibre on a da but that's gonna take research and time. They're old school for a reason.

The rupes copies that people sell these days are better for correction.