ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
£5.60 for a pack of 10.

The 36pack of Yellow Kirkland ones are good off Costco or Amazon

Reactions: MLB

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Screenshot_20200508_212420_com.android.chrome.jpg

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
Is Wo Wo and Wo Wo’s the same company?

No, two different companies, bit confusing but there's Wo Wo and Wowo's.

No experience with Wo Wo, but Wowo's has got some nice waxes and their quick detailer is pretty good, all really good beading!

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Screenshot_20200509-183814_Chrome.jpg

Worth a try at those prices.

Already wish I'd added a kneeling pad as have a shingle driveway 😔

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
After a bit of advice. You might remember I polished the car a few weeks back and then used a nice wax with some gtechniq QD as recommended by Gally. I've since washed the car a few times (lockdown time wasting) and used autoglym polar seal. However, the dilemma comes in that living by the sea the birds are vicious. Words do not describe how much I hate them. I'm considering reapplying a couple of layers of wax for more protection. Over the top of the other layers or do I have to strip everything back again?

I just know that anything I put on will get eaten through by the bird s**t so want a nice few layers of something mega durable. Cheers!

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Been considering it. But they're dear. Plus, it's a daily and taking it on and off will probably do more damage than just leaving it!

There maybe something other than usual wax you can apply to help.

Layering wax will take forever imo to really help.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
After a bit of advice. You might remember I polished the car a few weeks back and then used a nice wax with some gtechniq QD as recommended by Gally. I've since washed the car a few times (lockdown time wasting) and used autoglym polar seal. However, the dilemma comes in that living by the sea the birds are vicious. Words do not describe how much I hate them. I'm considering reapplying a couple of layers of wax for more protection. Over the top of the other layers or do I have to strip everything back again?

I just know that anything I put on will get eaten through by the bird s**t so want a nice few layers of something mega durable. Cheers!
Wash dry etc and stick some more layers on. Essentially a layer every 12 hours. You kinda need to let true wax cure for layering. Used to be a spit shine technique but that's a different level all together. Waxes don't layer like sealants and acrylics.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Anyone tried GWash and Reset? Which do you prefer?

I’m a big fan of C2V3 but fancy giving Reload a go. Not sure if I’ll notice any improvement...

SI-STI 2.35 & RC-172

I’m a big fan of C2V3 but fancy giving Reload a go. Not sure if I’ll notice any improvement...
Their both quality wash's but i prefer Reset by far,its a very slick wash that leaves a very glossy finish.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member

Prefer reset by far! But C2V3 better than reload.