ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Car pro spotless combined with W5 did a great job at removing those water marks I had on my boot lid shut. I managed to get some on the rear glass which seemed to upset the G1 though even though I wiped it off almost immediately so something I'll need to be mindful of in future. I've had to use G4 on the glass which means the G1 has been compromised. Not long done all the glass with G1 and seems a waste to buy a bottle just for rear glass. I've just put some C2v3 on for now see how it goes.

I've got some water spotting on the rubber trim around windows so need to have a go at that some point ideally without getting it on the glass again! The car pro perl did a good job of making the trim look good for now though. The 1L bottle is going to last me a long time I think as well as the 1L bottle of spotless too.

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
Thoughts on the EZ Car Care stuff? Joined their fb group and it's been mostly full of people kicking off about lead times during corona. However, they have a 3x 5L deal rumoured to drop and wondered what peoples thoughts are? I've tried their reigning iron (fallout) and it seems to have done well. I'm not brand specific so if its both good feel free to rip them a new one 😂

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Funny enough just been reading a thread on detailing world. People are saying quality has gone down and there is always a DFS style sale on..

Autobrite gets a mention.

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
Funny enough just been reading a thread on detailing world. People are saying quality has gone down and there is always a DFS style sale on..

Autobrite gets a mention.
There are FOREVER deals on. It's the kind of business marketing I hate. However. When some specific deals come round it can be considered quite good value. The fallout remover I got was 5L for about £25 delivered. I couldnt grumble and it does a half decent job.

The deal they have coming up is 3x 5L pick and mix for £50. Sounds good value to me?

Autobrite are good. I made quite a big order with them a while back. Was very disappointed by their shampoo which hardly foamed at all and have been far happier with others. Their fallout remover was good I will say that though. Mixed bag overall from the products I tried

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
I've just switched form the incredimitt to the Adam's wash pad. Liked how smooth the incredimitt was but love just how much water and suds the Adam's pad transfers onto the paintwork.

And I'm a fan of light coloured microfiber as it's way easier to spot if something has been caught in the fibres.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
I used some bouncers Bead juice on my black Megane the other day. Sprayed on wet and pressure washed off. Once again another ‘wet sealant’ that’s left marks everywhere.

I’m beginning to think that these wet sealants just aren’t suited to very dark coloured cars:

Managed to get most of it off and then applies it like a normal sealant using a microfibre and it was fine.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
I used some bouncers Bead juice on my black Megane the other day. Sprayed on wet and pressure washed off. Once again another ‘wet sealant’ that’s left marks everywhere.

I’m beginning to think that these wet sealants just aren’t suited to very dark coloured cars:

Managed to get most of it off and then applies it like a normal sealant using a microfibre and it was fine.

Being white, I’ve never had issues with marks on my car with Hydro2. With that said, I have had issues with marks on the windows. That was up until the last time i used it back at the end of Feb. The difference was the way I applied and removed. I literally had the Hyrdo2 in one had and the hose in the other. Sprayed one then immediately sprayed the other. Still got the coverage but didn’t get any of the marking.

I’m no pro though. Still very much a noob so maybe that’s not great practice.

leeds2592

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5

Have you tried Carbon Collective Hybrid? I just use that now on our cars. Granted they are Silver, White and Inferno Orange, not a dark colour but I've never had an issue with it. Do need 2 or so coats of it though or else the durability is a bit crap. Wouldn't be a problem if you wash the car weekly mind.

497adam

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 phase 2
Has anyone had any experience with ppf?

Mate is looking for something for his track Radical. He’s been told that 3m Venture shield is the best?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

497adam

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 phase 2
Or where you can buy it from if your aren’t a dealer/installer?

Clio 182
Hi Guys,
sorry if this has already been asked but are there any products that can restore the 'black' on the metal parts of my windscreen wipers?

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
If its just gone a bit grey I've had this result with Gyeon Trim :
20200405_173910.jpg

20200405_174214.jpg

Not sure how long it will last but otherwise I'll spray it satin black.

497adam

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 phase 2
Before [emoji115]
After -,sorry for s**t photos. The drivers side is fairly new so didn’t need restoring but the passenger is the original. It now matches

554b56db0ed9b2af7c957a16ceabcf04.jpg

497adam

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 phase 2
Only did it Wednesday [emoji23]
But think it’s supposed to last well. I’ve never done trim before

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
C4 will last a while I put some on my wipers last summer and it's still not too bad but not as it was when I did it I actually put a bit of Perl on recently which was first time I've done anything since the C4. Mine could do with a bit of paint or some new ones if I wanted to be really picky though.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Has anyone had any experience with ppf?

Mate is looking for something for his track Radical. He’s been told that 3m Venture shield is the best?

Go expel or don't bother. They are class leading by a long long way!

Can you see the join on this...

20200227_134311.jpg

20200227_134248.jpg

Almost... Invisible. The other films can't seem to get close to expel.

497adam

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 phase 2
Go expel or don't bother. They are class leading by a long long way!

Can you see the join on this...

View attachment 1477345

View attachment 1477346

Almost... Invisible. The other films can't seem to get close to expel.

Hi cheers for that passed on. Can the public buy it ? He’s looking to just protect the front of the car that get battered on the track. Which is basically the first meter until it levels out

09cf8d952781a5f14c762681fcabec52.jpg

Matt e

ClioSport Club Member
has anyone bought a bottle of bouncers done and dusted recently, i bought a bottle yesterday and it smells nothing like the bottle i just finished. old bottle had like fruity smell and the new one just smells chemically