ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
Last Di question.😎

I've connected it all up.

When rinsing the car is it better with an open house or a spray gun?

If it's the former I would have to change my connectors.
Ive not found it matters too much tbh.

The only time an open hose would be better is if you are using it to 'dry' the car too. If youre sat there thinking 'drying the car with a hose wtf' then just google it. Its actually really effective.

I use a spray gun :)

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah i use a spray head, just so i can start/stop when i want.

Also a quick tip, when you disconnect the hose from the outlet end, have a bucket or container ready and drain all the filtered water into that and use it for mixing screenwash or whatever rather than waste it down the drain.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
I think I need to get a hardness meter.

I still seem to be getting waterspots?

Attachments

• 20220702_102221.jpg
    20220702_102221.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 33
  • 20220702_102241.jpg
    20220702_102241.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 36

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Look handy enough yeah.

Look handy enough yeah.

🤦🏽Have you got one?

With this di vessel, I'm nearly there!!

My hose is pretty long so there is residual water left before I change over to the di vessel.

I also turned the tap down ,maybe if it's too powerful from the tap it hasn't got enough time through the vessel?

Whilst the car has suds should I just rinse those off with Di water? Or should I use normal water and then rinse that off with DI water? Just thinking about water pressure...

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
🤦🏽Have you got one?

My hose is pretty long so there is residual water left before I change over to the di vessel.

I also turned the tap down ,maybe if it's too powerful from the tap it hasn't got enough time through the vessel?

Whilst the car has suds should I just rinse those off with Di water? Or should I use normal water and then rinse that off with DI water? Just thinking about water pressure...

No I haven't got one of the bucket things, was just saying they look alright 😅

When I tested my DI vessel I had the tap fully open and it was reading 0ppm. Would probably be better running it a bit slower though if you have good water pressure where you are.

I'm not sure how they work exactly, I 'believe' the water goes in and down through that tube to the bottom and the water filters up through the resin and out the outlet. So it the water should be getting enough contact time... Anyone know how they work?

Edit: It's the opposite of what I said 😂

It goes down through the resin and up the tube.

Last edited:

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
🤦🏽Have you got one?

So, this something I was thinking of recently.

I guess it depends how warm/sunny it is outside. If its mega hot (not ideal washing weather anyway) then I would go straight in with the pure water. If its cloudy, or more suitable washing weather (yes, im that sad) then I would blast with my PW first and then go in with pure water. Its just because my hose pressure isnt the highest and so it struggles to get suds out of the nooks :) HTH

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
So, this something I was thinking of recently.

I guess it depends how warm/sunny it is outside. If its mega hot (not ideal washing weather anyway) then I would go straight in with the pure water. If its cloudy, or more suitable washing weather (yes, im that sad) then I would blast with my PW first and then go in with pure water. Its just because my hose pressure isnt the highest and so it struggles to get suds out of the nooks :) HTH

Yeah this.

Should have said the same in my earlier reply.

Hxrry

so-wax.com
ClioSport Trader
Switched up the store layout and gone for a theme that fits with the product labels more... What do you think?

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Fawk 😅

Double what mine is 😳
Aye it’s mad.

I’d love a water softener in the house as the chrome taps, sink, showers etc look s**t and water spotted unless they’re constantly being wiped.

I’ll have to look for the 151resin for my vessel after all.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Right so July/August I've got 4 weeks off... would love to give the car a proper clean up as I won't really need to use it. Usually I just give it a polish over. What's the routine for the next level, clay bar and wax? Can anyone recommend some products as it's been years since I've bought either of those. Happy to hear recommendations of what else to do as well :)

Reactions: riz

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
There are plenty of others that I sure people will suggest but.

Cheap.
Easy to use.
Looks great.

Depends how far you want to go down the hole of detailing. Or If you know anyone who use Autosmart grab some mirror image 👍

Hxrry

so-wax.com
ClioSport Trader
What hand polish do we recommend chaps? Currently just finished a bottle of prima amigo from like 2013.

Cba machine polishing it right now.

It's for my grey bmw

Got one bottle of our paint polish left, lots of good reviews and feedback!

Plus you get 20% discount using the Cliosport discount code ;)

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
There is loads. What have you currently got?

At the moment I use:

Meguiars Ultimate Wash & Wax
Mer Ultimate Polish

Autoglym Fast Glass Window Cleaner
Devils Blood Wheel Cleaner
Auto Finesse Tread Tyre Cleaner
Poorboys World Wheel Sealant
Turtle Wax Black Trim Restorer
Autosol Exhaust Polish

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Not exactly forensic detailing.

Wanted to remove the recent autoglym hd wax, 3 weeks old.

Two goes with garage therapy decon and the later and better megs wash plus.

Garage

IMG_20220709_104228.jpg
IMG_20220709_105152.jpg

That was twice. 80ml and 400ml warm water.

IMG_20220709_104603.jpg

Really nice shampoo.

Then wash plus. I wouldnt buy gt again tbh.

IMG_20220709_105932.jpg
IMG_20220709_110040.jpg

Beading had gone and the paint looked nice.

Reactions: riz