ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Anyone got anything on headlight restoration kits ?

There seems to be a few online and some choices to choose from.

I’ve used a few. Best one I’ve used is the Auto Glym offering. Available from Halfrauds.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Yeah I'm liking Autofoam again. For a proper filthy clean Jenny chem caustic wins over anything I've used

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Any idea how to fix this stubby lance? Only used it a few times. Last used it in the Summer, no issues. Gone to use it today and water spraying out from two places. Have tightened everything but still fucked.

00FCF30D-6D36-401D-87B7-6D863244C010.jpeg

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks mate, have ordered some tape. Iirc, you said to do that when I first got it 🤣

Possibly, or might have been the quick release adaptor in the snow foam lance that I said to do.

Where else was it leaking from, I couldn't quite tell from the picture. Is it where the hose goes into it? O ring maybe.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Possibly, or might have been the quick release adaptor in the snow foam lance that I said to do.

Where else was it leaking from, I couldn't quite tell from the picture. Is it where the hose goes into it? O ring maybe.

B9A91884-89ED-433A-840C-EAE7EFEB126F.jpeg

Above and below the black push cover, which is where the hose goes into the gun so may have just been spraying out both directions of the cover.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
my karcher lance was leaking and just needed to fix or replace the O'rings inside the lance, not sure if these have it though

Yarp

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
It's good stuff.

Requires the first application to be spread on with a damp microfibre (although I do this for every application with Gyeon Wet Coat)

Ah great cheers. Do you do it when the car is wet too or dry it first?

Yarp

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Following on from the earlier post about getting the DA out on the shitbox mondeo, I finished it off today. I used meguiars compound, their polish and their spray ceramic. They probably aren’t the best products, but aside from the spray ceramic it was what I had in the garage. The results are pretty impressive. Bear in mind, this is a 13 year old car with 185k on it that had zero reflection at all a week ago. It’s not perfect but it’s a damn sight better. I stuck a new set of plates on as they always make a big difference, and I have some new Ford Centre caps ordered for those awful
0DE0106A-61C5-47C8-A344-4DA159ACA0AB.jpeg

39D52E38-F2B7-41CF-A158-EF6F7827DB1B.jpeg

51D95208-5FB0-4332-8D9F-1E3BB2FEDB2C.jpeg

D5CE05DA-9E71-4513-A4B9-3C8F69298909.jpeg

I did the wife’s 5 series too and that’s come up cracking as well. I’ve got no idea how long it’ll last but it was so easy to apply.
6E8C94EF-3EDC-46EF-9CD0-BF28B6AE6887.jpeg

172 Cup
Will a good session with a clay bar clear up this staining/metal flecks you can see here on the leading edge of the rear arch?
E2ED48F8-C18E-4728-8D46-DEF87467DC3A.jpeg

Or is there something more specific I should be going for? Cleaned my Megane for the first time today and found a few spots similar to this where the paint has picked up some sort of contamination.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Will a good session with a clay bar clear up this staining/metal flecks you can see here on the leading edge of the rear arch?
View attachment 1632576
Or is there something more specific I should be going for? Cleaned my Megane for the first time today and found a few spots similar to this where the paint has picked up some sort of contamination.

Get an iron and tar remover on it first.

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
So the 'Tornado Blaster' thingy I bought - utter shite.

Air leaks through the end without even touching the trigger and the inner tube (that seemingly makes the 'tornado') shot off at a million mph into the dashboard of a near brand new porsche i was working on. Wont stay on at all now. Emailed their ebay page 3 days ago and no response.

Going to see if I can find an Autosmart one as, for the 5 minutes it did work, it was pretty sweet.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Anybody cracked oven cleaning!
Just can't seem to get the caked on fat off.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
With Tar remover could you just spray it on and leave it for a bit and pressure washer it off or do you have to bed it in with a microfibre cloth ? Can’t remember how to use it

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Thank you, just thought and check again. I haven’t done mine yet in 3 years with tar remover. I can certainly feel the paint getting a bit more rough now. While I’m on I’ll do the iron remover too of course

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
We use autosmart Tardis which is regarded as one of the best. I just spray it on and leave for about 20 seconds, then wipe off. The plan is don't let it dry.

What are the go to DA pads these days? Used to use 3M perfectit, lake country ccs or more recently (three years ago) the carpro ones… much of a muchness?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Think scholl spider gets love but never used them.

I tend to use

CCS yellow.
Green hex chem guys.
Rupes coarse.
Chem guys white.

Using h9 or one and done by tw which seems really versatile on all pads. Is classed as an aio TBF lol

The last sentence proves I’m so out of touch.

The what now?! What’s H9 and what what?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Lol.

Koch h9 heavy cut compound.
Turtle wax have brought out an all in one compound called one and done. I find it really nice to use.

Turtle wax had or still have a buy one get one free at £17.50 with free postage on a few of the products.