ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

different hubs on phase 1’s

Did all phase one 1.4Rts have the same wheel hubs ??

I have just replaced a hub on my car which i picked up from a scrap yard that came off a J reg 1.4RT, i think it was a 5 door, I put the hub onto my K reg 3 door RT and now my wheel is pointing at a funny angle,

Anybody got any ideas

cheers

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

yes as far as i know.funny angle as in which way.have you retightened all the nuts and bolts you took off? did you touch/undo the track arm?

The top of the wheel slants into the arch, I had the tracking set but the wheel is riding on one edge instead of on the entire base of the tyre

I needed to take the tracking arm off the hub when i removed it, i did have a lot of trouble lining up the top of the hub and the suspension mount, the allignment of the holes was a fraction out so it didnt pass through as easily as it should of.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

i realised you undid the track rod end nut i just meant the large nut on the track arm. slanting that why eh,did you tighten up the 30m driveshaft nut? is there any play in the hub/wheel bearing? is the shocker top ok and secure? if there ok either the hub is slightly different or it is bent.

i tightened the driveshaft up well and the suspention is secure at the top, i didnt undo the large nut on the tracker arm so i think thats ok. The new hubs bearings are fine but i guess that it may be slightly bent, i going to give renault a ring tomorrow to find out if their are any different versions,

cheers for your help,

dave