ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dissapointed in ktec stage 2 tuning

Status
Not open for further replies.
  DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
sounds like the timing is out to me. did you actually ask them to investigate why the power is low?

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
well yeah, the dyno and workshop is booked up most of the time and workshop staff dont take bookings, but I'm sure if you'd asked someone (there are 11 people there) that you would have got some help

i just want to add that i did get over 10 bhp difference in some rev ranges of the car, although the peak figure wasn't very high i still did get some good torque and bhp gains throughout the rev range and i couldn't fault the customer service

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Sounds like the improvement you've got is about right for the work done. I know they were benchmarking the new dyno recently as a stock 182 was making 165

MK3 GTI golf 16v
i would ring them mate, might find the timings off or it just needs a bloody good service

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
i just want to add that i did get over 10 bhp difference in some rev ranges of the car, although the peak figure wasn't very high i still did get some good torque and bhp gains throughout the rev range and i couldn't fault the customer service

Peak gains can vary massively from car to car, As its already been said, Check the timing and perform a leak down test before pointing the finger for answers, Could simply be an issue with the cars health/ previous service work holding it back

172monaco*&*passat
just putting my point in why go-ahead with re-map ect if you new parts needed wernt there as you stated, you should of checked everything first before you went ahead, with the job.. power gains are sad thought for what you spent , but personally ide of made sure everything was there and all costs included... fitting other parts needed as you state you,ll need it mapped again yes???

BG 182
I rarely comment unless I have something good to say but if it were me I would have spent the money on having the belts done and making sure everything is spot on before spending the money on modifying it.As for the low figures check the timing,a fraction out can loose a good chunk of power.

Aside from the figures how does the car feel compared to before?

Cheers Ross.

Astra GSI, 172, Golf
U MAD BRO ?

thought you would be like FFUUUAAAARKK FEEL THE POWER BRO !!

On a serious note.. this is N/A tuning.. dont always stare at the peak figures, its the torque you want to go up. you only get that high bhp figure in the last 1k revs or so.. your torque peaks earlier.. so unless you live in the last 2krm i would focus more on the torque and how smooth peaky the midrange is

'03 172, E39 M5
Seems like a harsh thread to me - KTEC are getting bad-mouthed before you've spoken to them/told them that you're unhappy - surely best to do that first before posting on here. They seemed nice when I spoke to them, happy to advise even though I didn't buy anything from them in the end.

ibiza cupra
i took mine to rs tunning and pretty much got the same sort of results at first. was making 153 atf but they changed the plugs and knock sensor and that boosted it to 163 bhp without the map.
the map then took it to 170 with it on 120,000 on the clock but it has had a bloody good life.
all cost me £450 at rs tuning. but as said, you will not get big gains from these cars or any N/A car (unless its a honda) unless you have a bottomless money pit. hence why i have just got myself an ibiza cupra. standard everything bar a map, decat, filter and intercooler and it went from 150bhp to 195bhp. and still has loads of potential.

Ph1
Ktec's advert is miss-leading, quote:

Description: ''We tend to see gains of between 12-15bhp from this stage 2 package''

Facts: ''I would expect to see an improvement of 5-7BHP with Stage 2 tuning.''

Make your mind up which it is lol

TBF, 6.5 bhp peak and 10 bhp mid range with a torque increase sounds pretty good for the mods

Seems like a harsh thread to me - KTEC are getting bad-mouthed before you've spoken to them/told them that you're unhappy - surely best to do that first before posting on here. They seemed nice when I spoke to them, happy to advise even though I didn't buy anything from them in the end.

Im not bad mouthing them in any way at all. im saying im dissapointed with the results, not the quality of work or customer service ect

just putting my point in why go-ahead with re-map ect if you new parts needed wernt there as you stated, you should of checked everything first before you went ahead, with the job.. power gains are sad thought for what you spent , but personally ide of made sure everything was there and all costs included... fitting other parts needed as you state you,ll need it mapped again yes???

Once again.

Maintenence > Modz

Will they never learn

EDIT:

Bucket

The only thing is cam belt needed in 10k!! everything else is fine , done spark plugs, oil and coolant change , oil filer , petrol/injecctor flush, brakefluid change ect ect it was a full service and more

182, 6r GTi
should have talked to them befor posting this i think. and as said the engines in these cars are verry unpredictable. some make good figures some make crap

get you car checked and speek to them first befor you bring up a big discussion about it

I didnt know it was going to be a "big" discussion! if you spent 500 pound wouldn't you question the results? i understand low down figures but surely the peak should of changed alot more aswell

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Ktec's advert is miss-leading, quote:

Description: ''We tend to see gains of between 12-15bhp from this stage 2 package''

Facts: ''I would expect to see an improvement of 5-7BHP with Stage 2 tuning.''

Make your mind up which it is lol

TBF, 6.5 bhp peak and 10 bhp mid range with a torque increase sounds pretty good for the mods

idd.

Black 172
Main: We tend to see gains of between 12-15bhp from this stage 2 package.
FAQ: I would expect to see an improvement of 5-7BHP with Stage 2 tuning.

If nothing else, he's spotted an issue with their website which needs fixing.

Toms_clio

ClioSport Club Member
  TRACK CAR BREAKING
Why does the graph on ktec show readings from 155 to 175 bhp?
Bit misleading!

Main: We tend to see gains of between 12-15bhp from this stage 2 package.
FAQ: I would expect to see an improvement of 5-7BHP with Stage 2 tuning.

If nothing else, he's spotted an issue with their website which needs fixing.

Agree with this - it clearly should be 5-7bhp from those mods
I'm only expecting 12bhp increase from a full ITB setup that's cost me £2k lol

As for the figures though - he says it had 155ish bhp before and 160ish now - and everyones jumping onto the "timing is out" bandwagon
Anyone bothered to ask if that is at the fly or at the wheels?
If K-Tec do a graph at the wheels then that's not far off right!

Status
Not open for further replies.