ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

dmallett's indecisive clio thread! Monaco ph2 pg1+, Titanium ph1 pg31+, PB ph1 pg43+

Quick summary of how i got to owning the new car,

June this year i broke my ph1,
IMG_6424_Touristenfahrten27052012.jpg

This then replaced it for a little while,
IMG_0019-2.jpg

Then i bought a house so the 350 went, I got offered another clio part exchange so took up the offer. The car went the end 9th of December, I also sold the clio the same day as you do.
image_zpse586805d.jpg

A week later i picked this clio up from 519 after he offered me the car minus the itbs it had before. Awesome picture i know!
2012-12-21_09-02-11_301_zpsa02a3096.jpg

And a picture of it in its previous owner ship at the ring.
7196280778_45050d18aa_o_zps7cb12939.jpg

Spec of the car at current,

Spax full coilover setup
182 manifold
Cat 421 cams
special peugeot cat fitted
Ported head
ARP rod bolts
janspeed stealth
AC delete (laguna brackets and alternator)
Short rad + Pacet fan
Brembo Sport pads + Pagid disks
Ktec induction kit

Probably other bits ive forgotten also.

Short term plans,
General Tidy up. restore headlights and tart up the engine bay with some vht paint.
fit F1s that are in my garage, 2 barely used hankook v12s on them and 2 brand new v12s. These will be getting refurbed at some point, want to do them satin bronze but am struggling to find paint.
Spacers.

This car will be held on a tight budget due to now owning a house and there wont be many nice pictures as i sold my DSLR.
But hopefully i will get it out on track at least once next year and just enjoy it.

More pictures to follow tomorrow if its dry,

Cheers for reading :)

Dan

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: dmallett's 421'd monaco

As for power the cars making roughly 195bhp and over 160lbft. I will get it on our local and very accurate rollers at FMS soon as i know a few others off here want to go again!

Arctic 182, GTD

Finally! Good looking car mate. Have to see it for real soon bud, maybe have a go ;)

Finally! Good looking car mate. Have to see it for real soon bud, maybe have a go ;)

You can have a good mate, doesnt bother me. You dont want to see it in the light though, has a few bad bits and i dont want to upset your OCD cleaning ways :p

I like this. It's making good power too!

Cheers. Dan at 519 knows whats hes doing, car drives a dream on the 421's. Feels quicker than my old ph1 did (on gt cams and weighing 910kg).

You can tell the cam profile is much wilder, the idle is pretty lumpy sitting about 1000rpm

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!

Driven, not detailed ;) definitely have to see if we can do snetterton at some point

Driven, not detailed ;) definitely have to see if we can do snetterton at some point

Needs a bit of polish, managed to clip.the rear bumper on my neighbours house :( not to bad thankfully!

We should, if we find a cheap day ha.

Rekindled my heel.and toe abilities tonight on a very wet back route, forgot how fun clios are!!

Arctic 182, GTD

You can have a good mate, doesnt bother me. You dont want to see it in the light though, has a few bad bits and i dont want to upset your OCD cleaning ways :p

haha! I managed to get myself a free polisher and products from 3M so I'll give ya at a good clean lad ;)

Clio 172

Nice to see you back in a Clio Dan and some impressive power figures there. These cams as lairy as the 438's?

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup

thought the standard ecu had problems running the 421's? or has the remap just increased the idle speed to stop it stalling. either way power is very good.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!

thought the standard ecu had problems running the 421's? or has the remap just increased the idle speed to stop it stalling. either way power is very good.

it's always been down to how much of the ecu code has been translated/decoded, and having someone clever enough to find the right bits of code, then change to the right settings for the way the idle and return to idle is controlled. It's not just raising the idle, although that is a part of it. 438s still give a nicer idle

Clio 172

^^ Looking at some for mine and wanted to know which are better as the car is due its cambelt in march time so cams at the same time makes sense.

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup

id go for 438's on standard ecu, 421's if ur going down itb route with omex/gen ecus.

Proper reply and update to follow soon.

If 438s are anything like 421s I'd get them, car is alot better than the ph1 on gt cams.

Also found some bronze paint, test sprayed one wheel straight on the wheel lol, it should look good!!

F1s on, first thoughts are the hankook v12s seem to grip well in the wet and offer low road noise. I doubt ill get to try them in the dry for a while!
For the price I presume they are in similar league to the old t1rs, these seem to grip better than they did in the wet. So far so good!

Queue awful pictures,
2012-12-27_14-53-38_657.jpg

Wheels will be going ford roman bronze, bit old school! I did a little test and i think they will look good, hopefully i am right.
Ill paint them when the weather picks up and my work load drops.
4287792677_ac1e87a72b.jpg

Now on the look out for some 25mm and 5mm spacers!

Tomorrow i plan too,
Fit silvertec indicator bulbs, vht paint the engine bay, remove fogs and carbon canistor and paint the front badge satin black.

Filling my time with doing petty stuff to stop me spending money on this ha

Trafic 140dci

Cheers mate, feels a long while since ive seen you! Hope all is well down your end with the house buy etc :)
Thanks mate, it has been, i was thinking of coming to the christmas dinner with you lot, but after being on holiday for a week (and only just getting my car finally working before leaving!) My exhaust is now blowing :( It's never ending with this car lol, house buy is going well, how are you settling in?

Thanks mate, it has been, i was thinking of coming to the christmas dinner with you lot, but after being on holiday for a week (and only just getting my car finally working before leaving!) My exhaust is now blowing :( It's never ending with this car lol, house buy is going well, how are you settling in?

I cant make it tomorrow anyway now :( got family stuff on which i forgot. Poxy car! hopefully it will be working soon and you can rekindle the love for it :)

Got the keys on the 7th, spent my spare time for a few weeks decorating/destroying stuff and moved in on xmas eve as you do, its a working progress atm. but it feels like home so thats the main thing!

Not gonna lie, that Red ph1 is such a nicer colour/car combo than the new monaco :p

You are right, bad move breaking it. Ohwell live and learn! Shouldnt be to hard to build this car to similar spec again if i so desire, unsure if i want this to end up stripped out and raw though.

IMG_01003.jpg

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep

I know, I'm building up to abusing you for having ph-ghey but I'll hold fire just now. Just be glad it's not silver, Monaco is at least a good colour for them ;)

Better pics of the F1s, ill adjust the suspension to suit after i get spacers and address any rubbing.

DSCN1045_zps8c60d26b.jpg

DSCN1046_zpsfa37b843.jpg

Then i sprayed a few bit with some silver vht paint that i had left over from the ph1.

Looking much fresher now!
DSCN1047_zpsca7ab6d8.jpg

DSCN1048_zps54ba0984.jpg

Laguna air con removal setup,
DSCN1049_zpsa329e9a9.jpg

Removed carbon canistor
DSCN1052_zps6b1f3c27.jpg

Removed the fogs also, fitted silvertec indicator bulbs and the badge is in the process of going satin black. Splitter is abit battered so ill probably get another skoda one at some point.

DSCN1050_zps6fe7f231.jpg

Removed the rear wiper also, but forgot to take a pic of that!

V5 also turned up today which was quick considering the time of year! Next up is fixing the head light washers, putting it throuhg an MOT and then taxing it. Along with finding some spacers for it.

Rb 182

Looks nice mate. I'll leave alone that its a ph2 and that its a rubbish colour compaired to flame ;)

Seems a nice spec and like you say shouldn't be too hard to build it up to the standard of the ph1 if you so wish.

Looks nice mate. I'll leave alone that its a ph2 and that its a rubbish colour compaired to flame ;)

Seems a nice spec and like you say shouldn't be too hard to build it up to the standard of the ph1 if you so wish.

Cheers Dave, I dont think it will be going down the route of buckets and seats as the ph1 did. Keeping it more enjoyable for everyday use for now seems the best idea.

Rb 182

Cheers Dave, I dont think it will be going down the route of buckets and seats as the ph1 did. Keeping it more enjoyable for everyday use for now seems the best idea.

Yeah thats what i said about my current flamer. Going well so far ;)

Haha, If I did go down that route I would be tempted to leave a standard passenger seat in tbh. I used to hate the hassle of pissing about with the passenger harness for any passengers.

Mind that would look abit weird.

Wheels are 100% going that ford roman bronze, just ordered all the stuff to paint them.

Including paint i have kicking about it in my garage it should cost under £35 to do all 4 wheels, and a bit of my time ha

Rb 182

Wheels are 100% going that ford roman bronze, just ordered all the stuff to paint them.

Including paint i have kicking about it in my garage it should cost under £35 to do all 4 wheels, and a bit of my time ha

Awesome. Can't beat a DIY refurb for £35