ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dr Jekyll's Ph1 172 Progress Thread

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Lovely, Thanks Scott. Unfortunately im away next weekend and its too dark after work to have a play so the weekend after next i shall have a little look.

RenaultSport 172
I've not taken my bumper off but I will do at some point. Guess it just needs some fiddling about when putting it back on

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
I'm not long home from a 400 mile round trip to get my replacement car, will be following this thread with interest. It really is a cracking little car and I know mark will make it even better.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
W33 - Yeah its a bit far to go back now!! lol

Thanks Richyy :) It feels a totally different car to the 182, but in a good way.

Thanks Jamie! I came off a few roundabouts a few times last night in 2nd gear and once the 5k comes in, it sounds sweet :) Its a really comfortable drive too. Im really pleased with it. Glad you got yours sorted too. Dont forget to keep that black car clean :rasp:

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
Lol cheers mate. Yeah the ktec induction kit sounds great above 5k

Inferno 225 cup
There is just something different with a ph1 to a ph2, it's a bit more raw if that makes sense? My old 182 was awful compared to my ph1 now.

A decent induction makes the car sound wild at 5k.

Add your touches dude and it will be awesome.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
phase 1 love is strong, been there done that,but sat here now looking at the interior pics wishing I was there! :)

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Looking cracking Mark, proper cracking.

To answer a few questions.

Front bumper: Your external clips are still in place, meaning that this should be easily cure-able, the only downside could be that where it "bolts" through to the wing, the bracket could be damaged (it's unlikely though).

I'd say you could line that whole bumper back up in 30 minutes as long as none of the hidden brackets are busted.

The grab handles: Lovely job doing this, they \always seem to come up so nice and it really tidies things up. I used the brightest most metallic silver I could find and it looked great.

The centre console: This is the biggest b*****d issue you have I'm afraid for two reasons.

1) You need a new vent. These can be bought, but I s**t you not when I say fitting them without breaking the worlds most fragile clips, rendering the whole thing useless, is nigh on impossible. To give you an idea of how impossible, when I bought my ph1, Daniel pointed out the busted vent to me and said "I've got a new bit in the office for you but like f**k am I going to try and fit it with my fat fingers".

2) You want to sort out the scuffed silver trim, this is non removable (well it's not, but it is near enough).

You either have to deal with this is situ, fit a new bottom dash (lol), or take the top dash off and melt all the plastic holding it in place with a soldering iron to remove it.

Anyway, welcome to ph1 ownership, I'm a little jealous.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks guys :)

Rob you are a star mate, thanks for the info. I shall tackle the bumper next week. I shall also give the center console a scrub this evening. I may even remove the grab handles and switches and soak them in warm water to ease off the crap. Lol at Daniels reply!

I see Chi got the sunflower banthsteinas, so what happens now? I gave up shopping in edinbourgh and just had a few coffee's instead!

I forgot to add Rob, it's already got ph2 handles ;)

You knowsit Paul :cool:

Also I got the car insured with Greenlight for just over £400 fully comp.

Last edited:
  LYV6, 182, R5GTT
Looks wicked mate!

I look forward to seeing yours and Scott's together, will be the nuts :D

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Nice to see you back Mark . No doubt we will bump in to each other soon enough ...

Thanks Paul. I should be round my nans the weekend after next.

Well done Mark on owning the best phase Clio. Looks good and I know you will do it justice. Shame I'm moving on from clios if I ever manage to sell mine.

Say what?!! How comes?

Looks wicked mate!

I look forward to seeing yours and Scott's together, will be the nuts :D

Thanks George!

Scotts > all Ph1s. Once I give it a clean up they would look good together :)

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
I was going to spray my door pulls soon but after finding out that they are only £18 each from Renault Wolverhampton i shall just order a new set, but shall do that next month. However the grubby current ones were annoying me so i decided to remove them and give them a clean up:

10983419243_510da84138.jpg

Grubby door pulls by Dr-Jekyll, on Flickr

I removed the switches and soaked the pulls in warm water and used a old washing up sponge and some fairy and gave them a scrub up. They have a few worn marks but a load better than before:

10983195995_4f1cdb7bd6.jpg

Cleaned door pulls by Dr-Jekyll, on Flickr

10983197515_f8ce9c7033.jpg

Cleaned door pulls. by Dr-Jekyll, on Flickr

And fitted:

10983433213_c58bb33537.jpg

Cleaned passenger door pull fitted by Dr-Jekyll, on Flickr

10983435103_afb6007c38.jpg

Cleaned drivers door pull fitted by Dr-Jekyll, on Flickr

As you can see i've also put the original handles back on as i didnt want the Ph2 ones on there (The Ph2 ones are currently up for sale ;)) but one of the surrounds is blue and the other black so i put up a wanted thread and @Pete. had a set on which i've purchased off him :)

I've also ordered a new vent to replace my broken one and a new rear number plate bulb holder off Renault Wolverhampton today.

The car is booked into a garage local to my work on Monday to have a look at the fueling problem it currently has. Im led to believe its the fuel regulator but i shall see what they come back with.

Im looking at buying a new Coolant bottle and doing a full flush as mine is totally manky! lol People are saying that you can get them for £10ish off eBay but i can only find second hand ones :S

Got a few goodies turned up too:

10983208745_bc761644b3.jpg

CS silver goodies by Dr-Jekyll, on Flickr

10983302306_0583b751e9.jpg

Cliosport SE sticker by Dr-Jekyll, on Flickr

And my missus wanted to get me a little car warming present and found this which is the nuts:

10983424503_3c3648f87d.jpg

Dr Jekyll by Dr-Jekyll, on Flickr

A Dr Jekyll Lego figure :cool: That shall go just in front of the dash clock!

Im also thinking of putting the original tape deck in and removing the Sony headunit. I have a cd changer under my seat so i can still use cd's and have stalk control.

Last edited:

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Looks good! Glad you finally found one. The door grabs have come up great too.

Question: Have you put the mirror adjuster on the wrong way? I'm sure the dots are usually closest to the windscreen rather than facing the rear of the car?

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Looks good! Glad you finally found one. The door grabs have come up great too.

Question: Have you put the mirror adjuster on the wrong way? I'm sure the dots are usually closest to the windscreen rather than facing the rear of the car?

It can only go in one way, thats the same way as mine.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks guys! I actually love it! I park it up and have a little look back at it before it goes out of sight and i think to myself that damn that looks fine! lol :eek:

No Rhys, That's how they sit in this:

10983388524_0dba318db1.jpg

Wing mirror switch by Dr-Jekyll, on Flickr

The one in my 182 was like the style you mentioned and i put up a wanted thread for that style in which i've just purchased one off @midge tonight.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Ill let you off, id of done the same tbh. :)

You must fit/use the clio cap, the kangoo one just looks wrong.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Progress looks mint mate

Good to know that Renault do the door pulls for £18 ones on mine are done

Lego figure it's brillant

I was quite surprised on how cheap they were tbh. Thought they'd be £35ish for 1 not 2!

I was well impressed when she showed me! Cool little touch that. Nice to have a mascot! Lol

Me like very much.

Thanks Arran :) Unfortunately the weather down here is cold and miserable atm and the car is filthy! It hasn't been washed since I picked it up :eek: