ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dr Jekyll's Ph1 172 Progress Thread

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
Keep up the good work. Spotted a silver ph1 on Friday after work and suddenly wanted one again! It was filthy but still looked so cool

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks guys :)

Haven't updated this in a while. Not had any real updates as work has been so busy I haven't had much clio time Tbh. Had this happen recently:

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?756283-New-key-needed-and-car-doesn-t-start

I went down and ordered a new key from my closest Renault dealer and not only did the guy do me a discount, but it had to be ordered in from France and it arrived in 3 working days! I did order a eBay key but one of workmates brother who programs keys said get a genuine one as sometimes the eBay ones are a bit hit and miss. I sent it back unused and got a full refund. Hrs going to program the new one for me next week.

15094390790_28f1397946_c.jpg

New genuine Renault key by Dr-Jekyll, on Flickr

Tax is due this month and I didn't realise my MOT is due this month too. It's booked in tomorrow so fingers crossed.

Matt e

ClioSport Club Member
Well done on getting a discount from the parts bloke in ware garage , every time I've rung up for parts he's always been a grumpy cu*t. 'If your not a garage you don't get any discount'

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
You on about the grey haired bloke - Steve?

He even dropped it round my house as he's mother in law lives nearby. Saved me driving up there :)

You missing the arctic yet or enjoying the meg too much?

Matt e

ClioSport Club Member
You on about the grey haired bloke - Steve?

He even dropped it round my house as he's mother in law lives nearby. Saved me driving up there :)

You missing the arctic yet or enjoying the meg too much?

yeah he's got grey hair.

no not really missing the arctic tbh, i thought i would.

i think the megane is better suited for me, bigger and comfier

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Im sure I read recently that the ph1 keys now come pre-coded from France. Try it and see what happens, I need a new spare so would be interested to know

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
They do come precoded from France so they can start the car and unlock it. The need to be programmed to do the central locking and alarm.

I'm using my new key atm and it starts and manually locks fine, I just can't central lock or alarm it.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
And my C-spanners are still the same shape ;)

I like its current stance. The exhaust sometimes catches but that cant be helped. Gotta have the lowz! These BC's can go really low if desired but i still want it practical. They are still in brand new condition due to the shock bodies being powder coated :)

Car passed its MOT this friday just gone with no advisories and its also now taxed. Only put 6 months on due to my missus car needing tax and MOT in sept, insurance is in Aug and my insurance is due Nov. At least i can break it up this way. No more tax disc neither so next month i'll remove the CS tax disc holder. May try and get a new gear shift sticker for the windscreen :eek:

LOL my gaz's have covered 60k minimum and Im pretty sure no one has adjusted them in that time so its with in good reason I bent my c-spanner.
Infact im quite proud to say that I managed to free them off lol ;)

We will have a stance off next time I see you! Ill try get a picture of mine today.

Those BC's look decent tbh! Im a gaz man now though, customer service is untouchable!

Going players in a minute, they will like my lows :p

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Get some pics today Dan. Drop it like its hot and get some ILLEST stickers for cool points!

We deal with Gaz at work. Customer service and turnaround are great tbh. I shall look for those C-spanners when im back at work as i forgot :eek:

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
I've replied in your other thread but overall I'm happy with the kit. Had to grind a bit of my hubs to fit the mounting brackets (have a look a few pages back as I have more pics) but it's all good now.

I only run a road EBC pad atm but will upgrade next year to a better pad but the response is nice and decent. can be used on the 280 discs too.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Cub. I "think" it was the billet M16 B4 ones with the clio brackets. I also run a 20mm hubcentric spacer on the front but there is loads of room left over. I will get a pic of clearance in a bit buddy. What spacers do you run again?

I got the better quality finish one but they do a slightly cheaper one too. Think it's called the economy range. When I'm home I will get a pic of my order sheet.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Thought I'd stick my nose in here after the chat in the ph1 appreciation thread.

The car looks very nice and clean mate, good effort so far and I bet it stops nicely too. Ph1's are win ;).