ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

EOS 5D + 24-105 L, Kit

50mm f/1.8 is built like a Mcdonald's happy meal toy, it misses focus now and then but oh boy was it worth every penny :D

Been enjoying some macro madness with mine! (with extension tubes and 1.4TC)
th_IMG_9308-PS.jpg

th_IMG_9500-PS.jpg

Works great in low light.
th_IMG_7034-PS-1.jpg

Oms your making me want IS!

Last edited:
  LiquidPhoto.co.uk
im saving atm for a hassy h3d-31 another few months and she will be mine... mainly for work though had a play with one and tbh they are a pain in the rectum to use lol... but stunning images...

nearly 14k! without lenses! :eek:

dk

911 GTS Cab
damn oms and BluePete, I now want the 50mm 1.8 and the 24-105 F4L IS

if only i hadn't just bought a PS3, a new car and wasn't going on holiday next month, maybe i should get the 50mm and save the 24-105 for christmas.

dk

911 GTS Cab
anyone got a flash aswell as i have been thinking about getting one but have no idea which would be best really?

Clio 197
^^

I'd get a canon flash (if you've got a canon camera).

Something like a 440 or 550 Ex. Something that bounces AND swivels. Add a diffuser, and bob's your uncle.

A red missile
The 550EX is a good flash, but its been replaced by the 580EX which is I think £300, the E-TTL works really well, the 2 pulses of the flash are so close you can barely register them, I find that a Stofen omni-bounce works wonders as well, but what a rip - £15 for a bit of opaque plastic. I've had the 550 for ages and only really used it a couple of times, but its leagues ahead of the cheapies.

Its a geeks dream as well, the instruction book is thicker than my cameras one :)

Its high time we got all the serious camera heads together for a major shooting session, anyone got an EOS1?, always wanted a play with one of those.

dk

911 GTS Cab
The 550EX is a good flash, but its been replaced by the 580EX which is I think £300, the E-TTL works really well, the 2 pulses of the flash are so close you can barely register them, I find that a Stofen omni-bounce works wonders as well, but what a rip - £15 for a bit of opaque plastic. I've had the 550 for ages and only really used it a couple of times, but its leagues ahead of the cheapies.

Its a geeks dream as well, the instruction book is thicker than my cameras one :)

Its high time we got all the serious camera heads together for a major shooting session, anyone got an EOS1?, always wanted a play with one of those.
how about meeting here for sesh? ;)

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=215584

anyone got a flash aswell as i have been thinking about getting one but have no idea which would be best really?

430EX is fantastic, its more intelligent than me, you can throw any settings at it in M mode and it'll compensate very well. Amazing for macro, portrait, indoor shots, can make the kit lens usable indoors, even night motor sport - talking about cars 20 meters away or more...

th_IMG_8788-PSLarge.jpg

th_IMG_6436-PS.jpg

p.s. in on that meet :clown: