ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Even more Japfest

As discussed in another thread, a bit 'meh', lacking that certain special something that pretty much every other event at Combe has. Also attracts a 'special' crowd, fair to say this is the first time I've actually been intentionally elbowed out of the way when taking pics, or overhearing somebody on their phone saying they were going to "track him down and sort him out, big time"...yes, seriously.

Best thing was seeing some of the things tucked away randomly in the public car parks, gorgeous 09 plate GTR (nicer than the ones in the paddock, imo) being the pick of the bunch.

Some shots anyhow...

Epic rain in the morning...
537775123_AanVZ-L.jpg

537773538_PKyTn-L.jpg

Spot the odd one out...
537784497_8JefT-L.jpg

537790278_PAVEE-L.jpg

537791999_VSHFa-L.jpg

537801997_iSjxV-L.jpg

537800251_TXte9-L.jpg

537796459_Ci7NB-L.jpg

538413795_y5yBA-L.jpg

537743616_4YtsZ-L.jpg

538410386_9rtUU-L.jpg

538411305_NWSCt-L.jpg

538423222_gVDFT-L.jpg

538418866_XoAB6-L.jpg

The always enjoyable Datsuns...
538420980_D3pdQ-L.jpg

538427311_fBpLd-L.jpg

538419648_hunsW-L.jpg

538427872_E7Syx-L.jpg

Lots more here: http://www.chrisharrison.smugmug.com/gallery/8225934_fB2B3

Turbos.
I appreciate you are close by, but why anyone would go to Chavfest is beyond me!

Having said that, love the 240z with the private plate, and yours photos are as good as always...

I appreciate you are close by, but why anyone would go to Chavfest is beyond me!

The Combe run action days are good fun, despite this being a private event (as in, Japfest booked the circuit) I was hoping it would be similar. If nothing else they are great for seeing people push their cars waaaay to hard and running out of talent.

This was different though, never has so much bhp moved so slowly around a race circuit. Even the drifting displays were truly awful, if they weren't crashing they were messing it up, one of the cars did 3 laps and never drifted through Quarry once.

J03

MX5 1.8

Having said that, love the 240z with the private plate, and yours photos are as good as always...

chavfest?? are you kidding.. most of them cars there can rape your csl

chavfest?? are you kidding.. most of them cars there can rape your csl

Statistically in a straight line maybe, did you actually see 99% of the cars out on track yesterday though? As I said, never seen so much bhp going so slowly, even when bone dry.

J03

MX5 1.8
lol most of them go more sideways then straight around the track..
did you get more pictures of that GTR btw?

Caterham 270R
Nice pics Chris

Tha black Rx7 drifter was awsome.. Sounded georgous.:cool:

Some of the track sessions were down abit on numbers.. A much better day than 2008;)

Mental 172 Cup
do the teleconvertors not distort the quality at all?? im looking to get a couple for my camera!

btw very good pics were you stood on quarry corner all day???

do the teleconvertors not distort the quality at all?? im looking to get a couple for my camera!

btw very good pics were you stood on quarry corner all day???

They 2.0x does quite noticeably, but that's mainly because it takes me up to 600mm, and at 600mm there is an awful lot of heat haze and stuff for the lens to be zooming through. The 1.4x is pretty much as good as shooting with the standard lens.

This is with the 2.0x, so 600mm handheld, still reasonable quality imo...http://chrisharrison.smugmug.com/photos/538427872_E7Syx-X3.jpg

I was only at Quarry for the first hour and then the first drift session, all the rest of the pics are from Avon Rise, Old Paddock, Westway or Tower.

Mental 172 Cup
i will invest mate :) thanks! still awesome quality pic mate! was it on a tripod?? i would imagine so :) keep up the good work!