ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ever bought a shed/project

CTR EK9 turbo

Too Many lolol ..

I also bought an accident Metro Turbo many moons ago (It was about 2 years old at the time - the car - not me ).. needed a reshell !.. looked mint afterwards though.

Joe..

Bought XR2 mk2, which I have to say was and is in rather good nick. Sorted out some welding and new discs, pads, tyres etc. and is now our track day tool.....not blindingly quick, but good laugh and who cares if we smash it up....unlike my 172!!!

Blimey, where do i start. have had so many sheds and projects (some came under both categories!) i couldnt name them all.

Just got rid of my old 205 gti. they are completely bomb proof. it was bog standard (2 seats inside, thats all). it recieved 18 months of auto-testing, road rallying and gravel rally stages.

To finish it off, me and my mate set up a big jump and kept going over it untill the car wouldnt move. just tore a huge hole in the sump. let it tick over till it siezed itself up solid. took about 20 mins though!

Then trailored it to scrappy.

Getting my next 205 tonight though. this ones gonna be an autocross car though...

Blimey, where do i start. have had so many sheds and projects (some came under both categories!) i couldnt name them all.

Just got rid of my old 205 gti. they are completely bomb proof. it was bog standard (2 seats inside, thats all). it recieved 18 months of auto-testing, road rallying and gravel rally stages.

To finish it off, me and my mate set up a big jump and kept going over it untill the car wouldnt move. just tore a huge hole in the sump. let it tick over till it siezed itself up solid. took about 20 mins though!

Then trailored it to scrappy.

Getting my next 205 tonight. this ones gonna be an autocross car though...

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Yeah, Ive got two PhaseII Rt GT Turbos to "play" with actually...

But since I sold the 106 GTi one of them appears to temporarily be my main car for a while, until I decide what else to buy.

Thing is though, I love it!

Until I bought my 16v, it seems like every car I had before was a project/shed, where I stay there are miles of rough road (rally style) where we used to motor MOT failures (favourite was a RWD vauxhall chevette, which had a 2ltr pinto stuck in it). Rolled my first car off road at 14, had my first smash on the road when I was 16, needless to say my behaviour and the project/sheds that it went on in, got me and my license into a fair amount of trouble.

Older and wiser now (ha) but Sheds are still great cause you never give a sh*t what happens to them, and it shows in the way you thrash them. Definetly going to do a stripped out trackday car.

Alex M

I bought a 205 GTi too. Its NOT a shed, but it is a project Needed cleaning up, which is now done (apart from removing a bloody tow bar, of all things) and servicing (done) and some new rear shocks. The engine is on 101000 miles but (fingers crossed) starts first time, even after being laid up for two weeks. Cant wait to get the shocks done and get it on the road. Its so basic it looks like it will be a good laugh and best of all, when I get back into the 172 it really makes me appreciate the power and all the creature comforts. If you reckon Clios rattle, you should try a 205 GTi. The (flimsy) dash is held on by about 4 tiny screws and squeaks like a b*****d.

Rhys

Corsa 1.3 CDTI

Sweet, Id love one of these to play about with, but Id also love a nice big bike again Ho Hum Ill stop dreaming now !

I once bought a clio 16v for my project about 12 months ago and still I have not done anything to it!!!!! All these ideas but no money!! It will be yellow and smoothed soon though!? On day!!

rt172 - nice pug mate, looks really good nick, I know what you mean about appreciating your 172 after....when i drive the XR2 as soon as I get back in my 172 steering, cornering, leather, aircon, cd changer etc. all make me realise what a great car the 172 is....although my XR2 is good laugh and I dont care if i smash it to bits on a track day

my current car i boght as a "rag it till it dies" shed, but things to have changed now. After selling my other car (S2 RS Turbo Replica) i now have restoration plans for my current baby. it needs a LOT doing to the paintwork, and needs a fw gaiters and the like to pass an MOT, but TwinTurbos are to be fitted at the end of th month!!!

so lets add up my costs to date:

Car- £350
Turbo Kit - £500
Fitting - £300

now for that money im (going to be anyway) driving around in a 4WD 3L V6 Motor with 2 shiny Garret T25s pushing out enough boost to see me happily to 280bhp

would i have rather bought a "new" car? hell no!

old bangers are the cheapest (and often fastest) things on the road... I LOVE SHEDS!

shed = V6 Safrane....free
project = H plate RT....£50

parts sold from both so far = £850

AN H PLATE CLIO V6 IS BORN!!!!!!!!

DAN K, arent we meant to meet in our XRs?

are you a member of the XROC? i am...its a prety damn good club (not as good as yours JAS )

well, i care if i smash up my MK1!!!
its a track tool though, but im sellin the clio to finance it!!1 haha

and i actually prefer driving it to me RT and me 172...well, not on teh Mway!