ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

EvoFq3o0 - Another BG 182 :)

Well today was mapping day! I went to EFI really fed up with the car, oil leaks and noises still lingering and just not enjoying driving the car at all really.
Things didn't go so smoothly but I didn't think they would with the luck I've had. Getting the electronic boost solenoid to work with the GEN90 was a no, need to try and obtain a wiring diagram from ktec to show which pin is used. So having to stick to manual boost for now, Chris quickly sorted out the map as it was running far to lean, lets just say I'm lucky my engine is still in one piece :/
It quickly came apparent there was a boost drop off of which id always know but assumed it was down to mapping, Chris swapped a few things round and it showed it was on the boost pipes at only being 2", he welded in a tap after the the intercooler, before the throttle body and supplied some control there so add to the boost restriction. to my surprise 273bhp! Made me smile as I didn't expect that at all.

Chris really did a fantastic job and didn't let the issues stop him from making power, I'm so grateful and the car is far better!

I now have a list of things that I need to sort, but my pennies are non existent :(
Ph1 Fuel regulator and return
Heatshield desperatley needed
2.5" boost pipes kit
Find wiring diagram for gen90
Return to SC as oil leak appears to be coming from main crank seal :(

May have missed a few bits, but attached a graph!

Attachments

• IMG_1402a.jpg
    IMG_1402a.jpg
    713.6 KB · Views: 67
  Trophy Turbo :)
2.5" is not needed we make over 320bhp with 2.25"

Bad crack today mate , always not great when so much goes wrong.

Head up and you'll soon be sorted mate.

I've got the diagram for the gen 90 ill send that over for you

Last edited by a moderator:

incy-spider

ClioSport Club Member
Pin 88 on gen90 and you need the latest firmware. If cliosport worked yesterday you could of messaged me... Still not the worst result in the world - bags of torque!! Make sure you block that little hole in the breather plate too mate (if it's not already done) you don't want to be blowing out the new crank seal :)

Thanks Andy, just knew they where bigger than 2" and remember seeing a five along the way :)

Cheers Chris, we tried to get on here to find out, down at the wrong time ha. I know at one point I thought 220bhp was to be the max, really chuffed with 273bhp after all its just a GT25 :p
Sorry mate are you meaning that because of the hole not being sealed that's why oils leaking from the crank seal?

incy-spider

ClioSport Club Member
Probably not the cause but won't help, any boost in the engine crank/breather system isn't good, obviously you will be getting more anyway now it's turbocharged so give the breathing system all the help it can get [emoji106][emoji106]

Sorry to hear about the troubles you've had with yours. Mine's been a pain as well and has been at SC Autos for weeks (been on holiday and other issues so not their fault) and I just want the bloody thing working. So I feel your pain, must be a Bolton Clio thing lol. Looking forward to seeing it done.

incy-spider

ClioSport Club Member
All the gen90 ecu's can be updated to the firmware that supports it yes! It's just getting to the people in the know, but Chris is in contact with that person so you are in good hands mate!

That's brilliant thanks Chris! I haven't spoken to EFi Chris yet, just trying to get the bits sorted first. Andy is able to sort a heat shield and fuel regulator. just need the 2.25" boost pipes that's if the intercooler I have is fine.

Is there an email for Andy Cutler? want to see if he know's what restrictions were on the old kit I have. Don't want to get all the pipe work changed if its actually the intercooler that's the restriction.

Update:

both front shocks replaced, no more bouncy bouncy knock knock 😂 Handling has now been restored and feels great!

Andyrg is helping me get the heat shield and fuel regulator sourced.

So just need to find a decent set of boost pipes and maybe intercooler if mine is where the restriction is. then go back to Efi to see if I Chris can get electronic boost working.

Moment of madness though, if I get everything sorted how achievable would 300+bhp be? would I need bigger injectors? and do I get my turbo rebuilt as a hybrid or part ex towards a bigger one :tongueout:

It is possible as far as I am aware.

I went for the deka's because i'd rather have the injectors running at less than capacity rather than the meg's being maxed out. I am sure Andy will be able to advise you mate.

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Fair play to you for sticking with it mate ! hope its all worth it . Whoever keyed your car wants wants beating to death with a bat THEN setting on fire !! c***s !:rage:

Yeh just wish I made the trip to see Andy first time, money would have gone a lot further! Not going to moan, I know Andy will do a brilliant job [emoji106]

Cheers Andy [emoji5]️

Thanks Davo, plowed that much money into it I really couldn't give up. Felt sick when I saw the big scratch but it's been covered now so no where near as noticeable.

Was keyed in Bolton tom down passenger side rear quarter.