ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exhaust Fitting Pictures + Flying Clio

S4 Avant
Well, I stopped behind after work yesterday and "borrowed" the equipment to fit my latest exhaust. Apologies Fred, it isn't a yozza!

Thanks to Schweppy for the Blueflame, Pepsi for the decat pipe, and K-tec for the supply of two new mounts.

Took me from 5 until 1 in the morning to get it all complete :dapprove: Apologies for the pictures, I was using my phone, so they're grainy as fook.

Theres all me equipment, the zorst got a good going over with some 60 grit and wet and dry to get it back to a mirror shine.

Photo-0001.jpg

Before
Photo-0004-1.jpg

Jacking her up

Photo-0013.jpg

Old decat:dead: An ATS bodged special

Photo-0016.jpg

Back boxes off

Photo-0022-1.jpg

Photo-0023-1.jpg

Axle dropped, and exhaust on in one peice
Photo-0025.jpg

Photo-0026.jpg

And the flying clio

Photo-0029.jpg

Photo-0033.jpg

Loving the sound of the new exhaust, pops in all the right places on overrun, and doesn't knock or bang anymore, which I'm still getting used to

S4 Avant
why did you fit the blueflame in one piece?

The clamps on it were fairly corroded, and the bolts weren't going to be easy to undo/do back up.

Rather than risking it not going back together, or blowing, I just dropped the axle and slid it in, in one.

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
f**king hell mate i don't know whether to praise your bravery or laugh at your stupidity for jacking your car up like that.

Its the sort of comedy picture you see on a Break.com image gallery.

S4 Avant
f**king hell mate i don't know whether to praise your bravery or laugh at your stupidity for jacking your car up like that.

Haha, nothing stupid about it! It's no different to using lifts really.

Original plan was to lift it up with both forklifts so that I could stand under it, but the time involved putting two pallets under each time, meant that I couldn't be arsed.

Ph1 172 + Combo van
LOL nice work.

How long did it take you to wet and dry the exhaust 80 grit must have scratched it to f**k!

S4 Avant
LOL nice work.

How long did it take you to wet and dry the exhaust 80 grit must have scratched it to f**k!

Not aslong as you'd think, it was pretty tarnished before, and I started with just wet and dry, quickly realising I wasn't getting anywhere fast, I cracked out the harder stuff.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I use a pallet truck on my valver. Trolley jacks won't go under it! lol.

Nice exhaust that, sounded mint on schweppy's car. :D

Good work!

ZX6R B1H
Thats one thing ive never done, Jacked a car up with a fork lift... must try that sometime lol Awesomeness :)

S4 Avant
MATE im so so proud, im gutted you didn't send me am MMS tho....id of slept so so much better!!

Dude, I've swapped phones and lost everyones numbers! PM it me, and next time I do something daft I'll fire over an MMS

I use a pallet truck on my valver. Trolley jacks won't go under it! lol.

Nice exhaust that, sounded mint on schweppy's car. :D

Good work!

Cheers! It does sound brilliant, very raspy past 5k

Trolley jacks won't go under the front of my car either, not tried jacking it with the pallet truck though.

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
dave you pikey :)

i have a nice low lift alloy jack at work i'll sell you ;)

sounds mint though! nice and raspy

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
sadly expensive as i want one too :( bout £130 but weigh fook all

Evo 8 MR
What was wrong with the zorst that was on it?

I guess the new one is just louder and more freeflowing?

Car needs a clean to but good job, albeit a strange method lol.

S4 Avant
What was wrong with the zorst that was on it?

I guess the new one is just louder and more freeflowing?

Car needs a clean to but good job, albeit a strange method lol.

The old exhaust was welded and bodged, didn't fit and banged on the rear beam and floor pan.

The new one is louder and much more free flowing, only having the back boxes.

The car needs a bloody big clean, which shall be happening tomorrow if I can be arsed before Addz is meant to show

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
Nice work lad! It certainly sounded great on Schweps car.

Gotta love the Dave way of jacking up cars!

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
The old exhaust was welded and bodged, didn't fit and banged on the rear beam and floor pan.

The new one is louder and much more free flowing, only having the back boxes.

The car needs a bloody big clean, which shall be happening tomorrow if I can be arsed before Addz is meant to show

umm yeah :eek: by the time we'd got there and parked up we only had a hour before i had to get missus home to work so didnt get chance!

340i
I think another meet is in order.... The usual suspects ;) The usual place

Only we should be warmer this time and have 4 more hours sun light hhaha

S4 Avant
Nice lift lol
As said, get her lowered now ! :)

It is lowered! Just need some coilies at some point in the future.

Nice work lad! It certainly sounded great on Schweps car.

Gotta love the Dave way of jacking up cars!

Cheers, I've been loving the exhaust this weekend, really raspy and pops on over run all over the place :approve:

umm yeah :eek: by the time we'd got there and parked up we only had a hour before i had to get missus home to work so didnt get chance!

You just wanted to get out of fitting wiper blades didn't you?

I think another meet is in order.... The usual suspects ;) The usual place

Only we should be warmer this time and have 4 more hours sun light hhaha

I second this motion, hows about the 25th or 26th of April?

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)
Ah blueflame. Good choice. I'm quite tempted to get a decat for mine. Don't have the fundage at the minute though.