ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exhaust Fitting Pictures + Flying Clio

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I had a rofl at this! Why did it take so long?
Exhaust new is a 3hour jobby at the very most.

LY R26
great way of jacking it up lol, zorst is quite loud if i remember right from when schwep had it!

S4 Avant
I had a rofl at this! Why did it take so long?
Exhaust new is a 3hour jobby at the very most.

Old one was interesting to get off, and I was on my own. Took a while to jack it up and back down, bit by bit as well.

great way of jacking it up lol, zorst is quite loud if i remember right from when schwep had it!

It is pretty loud, and very raspy. Can't help but squeeze the loud pedal every 10 seconds now :eek:

I used a forklift to pick my old mini up yrs ago, but deffo wouldnt do it with the 182 :dapprove: lol

Forklifts are the way forwards! Couple of blocks of wood so the sills don't bend, sorted :approve:

SchwepTek™
LOL! Good work Dave.

Get some vids/fitted pics up!

Need to do the same for my new exhaust sometime!

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
Good work dave, nice to have met you that day mate. We took it out all in one. but did it with the bumber off

S4 Avant
Good work dave, nice to have met you that day mate. We took it out all in one. but did it with the bumber off

Good to meet you too, I managed to get it in without taking the bumper off, slid it in upside down and twisted it the right way up, once the centre section had cleared the rear beam.

WTF! Now Cat B - For bent in the middle.

Haha, only used the jacking points, I'm not that daft!

Good work dude

Cheers!

Coilovered Clio Dynamique
Was meant to be a joke, lol, car sitting with rear beam hanging down and stuff.

S4 Avant
Ah right! let me fix that for you

Photo-0026.jpg

Needs lowering :lolup:

Albi Blue RS 200
Am I really seeing this, did you jack your car up with a forklift and then suspend it on a few wooden pallets. Jesus wept, did your mother drop you on your head at birth? :eek:

Last edited:
  S4 Avant
Am I really seeing this,

Yes, they aren't shops

did you jack your car up with a forklift?

Yes, both forklifts can lift over a tonne

and then suspend it on a few wooden pallets.

The few wooden pallets that it is sat on, could quite happily support more than 4 times the weight of my car.

Jesus wept :eek:

Did he?

I would rather jack my car up with solid forklifts and pallets than a flimsy little jack that Renault provide.

Albi Blue RS 200
Yes, both forklifts can lift over a tonne

Lol you don't get it, I and the rest of the internet still think you're an idiot. Imagine if the car had fallen off those unstable pallets or dislodged on one of the forklifts?, you'd be first in line for the Darwin award. How is the undercarriage after being lifted by those btw?

The whole thing screams complete fail to me, including dropping the axel and taking 7 hours to fit an exhaust..

S4 Avant
Lol you don't get it, I and the rest of the internet still think you're an idiot. Imagine if the car had fallen off those unstable pallets or dislodged on one of the forklifts?, you'd be first in line for the Darwin award. How is the undercarriage after being lifted by those btw?

The whole thing screams complete fail to me, including dropping the axel and taking 7 hours to fit an exhaust..

No one in this thread, other than yourself, thinks I'm an idiot. I suggest you look at yourself before posting. If you had any experience in working with forklifts, or garage lifts for that matter, you would understand that what you have said, makes you look misinformed, and daft.

In regards to these "unstable pallets" that you speak of, we have over 50 tonnes of stock in our warehouse, all of which are in situe on "unstable" pallets, suspended 5 metres in the air on metal racking
They aren't used in every warehouse worldwide, just because they look pretty.

and if you could have removed a standard exhaust, replaced all the mounts, heatshield fixings, clamps, ate tea, fitted the new exhaust in one piece and sealed it, any quicker than I managed; please, you should have said sooner, and I'd have asked you to do it for me.

Megane Mk4
I've had a forklift license since 1985 (counter and reach) .. Even I think it's a bit dangerous lifting it and suspending it there, even if each FLT can lift more than a tonne of weight. Bearing in mind you have fuel piping underneath the car from front to back. Would've been more sensible to buy a set of car stands for £20 at Halfords than risk that IMO.

Btw.. 7 hours in the air? ... Did you clean it underneath too? ;)

fad

Clio 182 FF
I dont see the issue here when Charlie in PPC used a forklift to lift his SD1 to fit the 27 litre Meteor engine everyone called him a hero.

Ok granted its not the most authordox method but f**k me it did the job.

Mustang, S13, AX GT
I've had a forklift license since 1985 (counter and reach) .. Even I think it's a bit dangerous lifting it and suspending it there, even if each FLT can lift more than a tonne of weight. Bearing in mind you have fuel piping underneath the car from front to back. Would've been more sensible to buy a set of car stands for £20 at Halfords than risk that IMO.

Btw.. 7 hours in the air? ... Did you clean it underneath too? ;)
Wrong inferno ;)
I would never risk lifting my car up using a forklift personally but the pallets are a brilliant ramp lol, but be carefull i've seen them snap with only 500KG rolls on purely because the weight was at a finer point, a pallet will hold easily over a ton provided the weights distributed over the entire pallet.