ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

exhaust recomendations (pops and bangs)

hey, looking for a exhaust for a 182, ive done a fair bit of research on here and haven’t quite found what im looking for, basically im after a exhaust which is going to be fairly loud but bearable on motorway journeys, but the most important thing is that it pops and bags all over the shop, obviously it will be de cated ect.

any help would be great

Paul

mk2ph1 rsi 106rallye
wont pop and bang with any exhaust you fit if the engines running right on a clio.

Tullyvernon

Northern Ireland
ClioSport Area Rep
  Williams, Focus RS
Unfortunatly seems the case with the 1*2's :(,
I have a de-cat and straight through center section with a scorpion back box on the williams and she pops and bangs like bileo! i love it! iv been told at night every time i give her a gear theres a we flame shoots out the zorst! :)

I love this
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=THEhyheZHp4

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
wont pop and bang with any exhaust you fit if the engines running right on a clio.

+1

bangs are normally a result of exhaust heat causing unburnt fuel to explode,

normally only happens when the engines running rich,

other than that, yozzasport do some sporty exhaust

09 GIXXER 750!!!
hey, looking for a exhaust for a 182, ive done a fair bit of research on here and haven’t quite found what im looking for, basically im after a exhaust which is going to be fairly loud but bearable on motorway journeys, but the most important thing is that it pops and bags all over the shop, obviously it will be de cated ect.

any help would be great

Paul

If you want it to "pop and bang" as you say forget it being bearable on the motorway!!!!

You will never have a quiet motorway exhaust that pops and bangs! If I was you rip the audio off the video above and play it on the CD player :)

Sorted! only cost 35p :rasp:

If you want it to "pop and bang" as you say forget it being bearable on the motorway!!!!

haha, shame in my last car the noise wasnt to bad but when changing gears at high revs it banged all day long, but nevermind. The vid of the cup with itbs is so nice, thats in effect what i would want but im only planning cams, matched inlet and a remap cant be doing with paying around 2k for itb.

anyway thanks for the replies

Paul

You wont get proper exhaust crackle from the OEM ecu as it doesnt run fueling on overrun......so your just pumping air and end up with the now modern and horrible BZZZZZZZZZZZZZz noise on overrun.

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
[YOUTUBE]YlnrOa1tGxE&[/YOUTUBE]

powerflow exhaust,dont get one though as they are shite

182 cup packs
Am also looking for a popping and banging exhaust. The cooper s standard exhausts sound great, shame it doesn't sound possible to replicate this on a 1*2. Can overfuelling on overrun be added with the rstuner??