ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

fairm010's 1.2 Project

Got an under seat sub, which handily doesn't fit under the seats, so that's screwed down in the boot. At 900w it is incredible the punch this has for such a small thing!!

image.jpg

Reactions: Gus
The car has also had a bit of work done on it.

1: It's first cambelt and water pump change.
2: Dogbone mount changed. Would like power flex bushes but couldn't find anything for a non sport.
3: New cat and 02 sensors.

Reactions: Gus
I'll be wiring them in tomorrow mate. Personally I don't need them but the bumper was a steal at the price I paid and it had sensors in it so may as well use them!

I'll give you a shout when I've used them :)

Some nice upgrades on this mate, am liking that makeshift breaker bar as well:tearsofjoy:. Does that under seat sub not fit then? Was just about to get the exact same one as have a boot sub in the spare room but am liking my boot space too much atm to fit it

Haha, a table leg, cant go wrong!

It doesnt, which is annoying as I would prefer the boot space for tents etc for CSS. You could probably remove the bar that stops it fitting (The bar that does the seat reclining adjustment).

Haha, a table leg, cant go wrong!

It doesnt, which is annoying as I would prefer the boot space for tents etc for CSS. You could probably remove the bar that stops it fitting (The bar that does the seat reclining adjustment).
Hmm that puts a spanner in the works. If it doesnt fit with the normal seats then i guess i will have no chance when fitting bucket seats in the near future. :confused: Shame as i miss my sub so bad 😂 Wonder if it can go anywhere else? :confused:

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Got an under seat sub, which handily doesn't fit under the seats, so that's screwed down in the boot. At 900w it is incredible the punch this has for such a small thing!!

View attachment 136411
Get it mounted to the back of the back seats. If there is nothing solid to screw it to you could always unzip the cover (think i can see a zip in the pics) and put a bit of plywood
Hmm that puts a spanner in the works. If it doesnt fit with the normal seats then i guess i will have no chance when fitting bucket seats in the near future. :confused: Shame as i miss my sub so bad 😂 Wonder if it can go anywhere else? :confused:
Have a look at the Alpine SWE1200 They fit perfectly under any seat even the low bucket mounts. bit more info here
sub2-jpg.jpg

Tomo_Rep.97

ClioSport Club Member
Looks great mate! definitely added at least 5bhp;) I shall no longer look out for you! Steering wheel looks soooo nice, I really want it! What's next on your plans?

Cheers Tom. It's not about adding HP, I'm doing this as an excercise for myself to be honest. I've learnt so much about cars in my time modding this. Next is install skirts, and then a sportex back box. Has a very nice sound to it. No cherry bomb chav rubbish. :)

Tomo_Rep.97

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers Tom. It's not about adding HP, I'm doing this as an excercise for myself to be honest. I've learnt so much about cars in my time modding this. Next is install skirts, and then a sportex back box. Has a very nice sound to it. No cherry bomb chav rubbish. :smile:

No worries, I know mate. Was just being how most other people are on here;) I know me too, I had no interest in cars before I got my Clio. But I've learnt so so much now. I've heard installing skirts isn't as easy as you'd hope, but hope you get them on alright nice one, get a video uploaded when you've got that up and running. Looks good, keep it up!

No worries, I know mate. Was just being how most other people are on here:wink: I know me too, I had no interest in cars before I got my Clio. But I've learnt so so much now. I've heard installing skirts isn't as easy as you'd hope, but hope you get them on alright nice one, get a video uploaded when you've got that up and running. Looks good, keep it up!
I took them off the donor car, so know how they go on, it's easy as s**t.

Not much of an update but I was bitten by the bloody leaking sunroof. My detailing centre noticed my passengers carpet was SOAKED under the mat.

Sunroof frame unbolted, black window sealant put underneath, tightened back up, no more leak.

However, I've been running a dehumidifier in the car all day while I'm at work. It took 2 LITRES of water out of the car yesterday alone. Will see what happens at the end of today.

Tomorrow, Brembo discs and pads for the front!

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
It's hillarious. Your 1.2 looks better than my 182.

With all the money you have spent on this though, you could have had a 1*2 though ;-)