ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fallout 3

E87 118d M Sport
*sheriff dies anyway. so wouldnt worry to much. not sure about killing moriety. if you do you might not find out where your dad went?*

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I finally got into the National Guard depot last night. The armoury was pretty awesome - so many guns and ammo. I stocked up with stuff and gave the rest to Fawkes to carry so I can sell it later on.

I'd also found all 5 Keller Holotapes which allowed me access into the inner armoury via the terminal. In there I found the Experimental MIRV! Jackpot! The ability to launch 8 Mini Nukes at the same time FTW! Doubt I'll ever use it, as its a waste of nukes, but will be good for a laugh and reload save point :cool:

I still havent been to the Lincoln Memorial to that quest yet, but done most of the others. Just looking at the map, there's so many places I havent been to yet, either (for skill books and stuff)

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
*sheriff dies anyway. so wouldnt worry to much. not sure about killing moriety. if you do you might not find out where your dad went?*

You will if you access Moriarty's computer ;)

I havent killed anyone in Megaton, TBF. The Sheriff was shot by Burkes, and then he fled never to be seen again.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
well are there quests i can do before i go there to level up? or any tips when i get there?

Sh*t your pants. That what I did. It seemed to work well.

Get a few bottlecap mines, and get the Fat Man off a dead soldier in the courtyard at GNR.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
you buy them from the women in megaton?
whats the easiest way to get caps early on in the game?

There's quite a few in the floor safe in Megaton cafe/saloon (I think you need to hack the terminal to unlock it). Down the path and first building on the left.

Also, kill the Caravaner and his guard. Plenty of caps to be had. They usually hang around outside Megaton.

E87 118d M Sport
There's quite a few in the floor safe in Megaton cafe/saloon (I think you need to hack the terminal to unlock it). Down the path and first building on the left.

Also, kill the Caravaner and his guard. Plenty of caps to be had. They usually hang around outside Megaton.

sweet! will give that a shot!

Veilsided MR2 Rev3 Turbo
Another great money maker is go to the Arlington Libary, it is at the bottom of DC, on the left side of the river. There is a mission there where you have to collect pre-war books and give them back to a brotherhood of steel member and you get 100 caps per book. Really quick money maker.

1.8 Civic EX
best one is with Reilys Rangers. 100caps each time you find a new location on the map and go back to tell them about it. First time I met them I got just short of 2k caps :)

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
best one is with Reilys Rangers. 100caps each time you find a new location on the map and go back to tell them about it. First time I met them I got just short of 2k caps :)

Indeed. Reilly gives you a Geo-mapper so every Primary and Secondary location you find on the map she gives you caps for. I got almost 3k caps when she gave me it, too.

Need to go back there, TBH, as I've discovered a fair bit more now.

Explorer Perk will open up everything on the map, so that would give you a shedload of caps. But I think that Perk ruins the fun of exploring.

Integra Type-R DC2
Her quests nails imo. So many Super Mutants to kill. Dont attempt without alot of aid and ammo.

E87 118d M Sport
lol there is so many options of what to do i genuinely am lost.
(not that im on the game right now, but you get the idea)

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Her quests nails imo. So many Super Mutants to kill. Dont attempt without alot of aid and ammo.

I honestly didnt find it too hard. Cleared the building before hand, helped the rangers fix the lift, and then exited the building and fast tracked to the Ranger Camp.

You do need decent armour and ammo, granted.

Integra Type-R DC2
Thats where I failed. I ran in, got bogged down in a bunch of big fire-fights and found myself running about with a pistol, trying not to get raped.

1.8 Civic EX
Thats where I failed. I ran in, got bogged down in a bunch of big fire-fights and found myself running about with a pistol, trying not to get raped.

lol, I've found myself in situations like that, not on the Riely Mission though, I was fully equiped for that one but i didn't do it till quite late in the game.

I restarted the other day and realised you can actually skip the GOAT and select the SKills you want to have manually lol.

I'm only on about level 5 but my speach, science and lockpick are just over 50 already lol

E87 118d M Sport
they the best 3 to level up then seeing as youve gone quite far in the game?
what is the easiest way to level up? or what are the options to level up? is it kill a certain amount of people / complete a quest etc????

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
When restarting, the best skills to improve straight away are Repair and whichever arm you are going to equip. (Small Arms for me, as I love the Combat Shotgun and Xuanlong Rifle).

Science and Lockpick, too, though!

1.8 Civic EX
speach, science and lockpick being nice and high will help you get into some good locations, persuade people to make quests easier or give you more caps etc...

only way to get xp is to do quests and kill stuff. Make sure your bloke gets a good 6 hours sleep every day too as you earn less EX if he is not well rested.

choose some good perks like the quick learner, that gives you about an extra 10% to every exp earned too so that helps level up quicker.

Obviously though I wouldn't recommmend concentrating too much on the ones I've mentioned, I've only done as i've already finished the game and started again to play like a b*****d and kill people for bad karma instead of being nice like I was when i completed it...

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
My new 'good' character pwns now. Lv16.

100 Small Guns
100 Lockpick
100 Repair

Pretty balanced elsewhere, sh*t at melee though. Who cares.

Still loving it too. 22 hours play, second time around. I've not even been to GNR yet!

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I'm just over 100 hours first time around. There's a sh*t load of places I aint been to yet on the map. Like near Rivet City, the map is hardly icon'd.

E87 118d M Sport
santa, where have you been to do that much before going to GNR? is that following the quest for delivering that letter for that fit woman?

mcbunny, which town?

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
you can get unlimited xp by talking to one of the people in big town

It takes f*cking ages, though.

The easiest way to rack up XP is by getting your Sneak skill to 60, then taking the Perk that allows you kill people while they sleep. Go to Andale, wait until nightfall, then kill one of the kids while they sleep in bed. As kids cant die, you gain the XP from killing them but can continue doing this forever, if you wish. 55XP points, or 66XP if you are well rested while you do it.

Cheaters never prosper, though.

1.8 Civic EX
santa, where have you been to do that much before going to GNR? is that following the quest for delivering that letter for that fit woman?

mcbunny, which town?

lol...big town.

There are looooads of side quests, you just need to find towns and talk to people. The one for the woman (The Family) is just one of many side quests you can do.

E87 118d M Sport
well im not getting any time to play atm so i think it will be an on going thing.
100 hours.........cant see myself spending that much time on it tho.

not with cod:w@w, quantum of solace, some psn store games, i want LBP, still yet to fully complete burnout......ahhhhh dammit gamestation game of the day....

Integra Type-R DC2
I just did some exploring and found an area id never even remotely explored. Found that Chinese propoganda radio broadcast, but I cant figure out where the source is???

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
You will if you access Moriarty's computer ;)

I havent killed anyone in Megaton, TBF. The Sheriff was shot by Burkes, and then he fled never to be seen again.

I saw Burke again - in one of the rear rooms of the Tenpenny Tower. All smiles, even though I witnessed him pump rounds into the Sheriff.

Funny how that all changed when I helped the feral ghouls retake the tower. Run Burke, run. Far too slow..... :evil:

D.

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
Just bought it tonight, me and my flat mate have been playing on it since 9pm. Only just finished and we've barely scratched the surface its insane. Cant believe how big it is.

Its so hard not to jus go round killing the caravans and robbing them. I'm trying so hard to be good. ha