ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

fanbelt

jus bought a phase1 valver had it bout three weeks. bloke i bought it from had to replace the alternator/fanbelt but fitted wrong one??? it is to thin i have got the right one cant be arsed to replace it yet gonna do it next week! would havin a thinner fanbelt affect perfomance ie power loss or likewise? coz it doesnt seem to pull as well. also he drilled the airbox with holes sounds fecking awesome but wonderin if that to could be affectin perfomance? any help would be much appreciated.

cheers

C

chip16v

its the aux belt and it wouldnt lose any power but i would change it for the right one before it snaps and gets caught up in your cam belt and f**ks your engine. also the drilled box will lose you power because its sucking in hot air but your wheels are the main reason why your losing power. valver engines dont have alot of torque and struggle turning 18s

cheers it has been like it since ive had it, only had the wheels on for bout three days. i defo gonna change the belt anyway jus it in a b*****d position to get to!! so you recon take out airbox an put in a standard one (with no holes) or get induction coz every1 on here says iks also reduce power?? the alloys aint gonna be on that much longer anyway.

C

chip16v

year only get a sealed induction kit like a viper because a open one would lose you even more power. a few tips when changing your belt are; take your headlight out for improved access, take the bonnet off as well( its only 4 nuts so worth doin) and if you find it hard to get the allen key in the tensioner pully grind a bit of the length to make life easier.