ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAO Cup Owners

Cant beleive this but when I am pressing on in my Cup and I mean pressing on it sounds like I am getting the rear wheels to rub against the arches, the car is standard for fugs sake, Left hander right back rubs and vice versa, has anybody else had this problem!! Its madness....

Nissan R35 GT-R

Yep I get it all the time and posted al little while ago - pleased Im not the only one.

Its like a grinding noise and first time it happened I thought the rim was scraping against the ground because the tyre was being pulled off from cornering force!

Yes, Ive found a noise coming from the rear! It only happens when the car is reaching the limits of adhesion on fast corners. Hitting small bumps makes it go away momentarily, as does playing with the throttle mid corner (careful!). Ive come to the conclusion that its the exhaust touching the rear heat shields. Theyre quite close to the exhaust pipe and violently swaying the exhaust by hand will make both touch.

Not had this, only a noise from the front at full lock on uneven surfaces, but will look out for it on next track day.

Going into dealer prob Tuesaday so I ll get back to you all, I had the same thought to do with the exhaust heat shield, anyway I ll see what they say, got the noise at the front on full lock also, so theres a couple of jobs that need to be done, Cheers, Tim

Nissan R35 GT-R

Yea if you could let me know the outcome please - I was gonna take mine to the dealer, but was wondering how I could show the fault. Cant really corner at 60mph with the guy next to me.

Regards - Laurence

Clio Trophy ,EFI'd 5GTT

ive had my cup back to the dealers over 20 times ive even tried to reject it but am having to let them try to fix it cos i couldnt afford the leagal fees

the problems i have r the knocking sort of noise that comes when corneing lock to lock on any uneven surface ,the dealers latest attempt was to change the drive shaft . i queried y and was told reno sport tecs had advised to do this but they were sadly wrong ,

also there was a water leek at the back that the dealer repaired by putting silocon at the end of the gutter on the roof and painted with touch up paint which i was not amused and got them to do it properly.

also the drivers side electic window makes shady noises when going up and down and reno still havent got it fixed after all these attempts ..

sorry for the essay but im a bit pissed off with it and i defo think it was built on mon morning or friday after noon ...

Yea if you could let me know the outcome please - I was gonna take mine to the dealer, but was wondering how I could show the fault. Cant really corner at 60mph with the guy next to me.
LOL. Do it at 90mph, hell definitely hear it and be impressed at the same time!

Nope - never had rubbage - though when taking of slowly in first and second there is a knocking/clunking noise coming from rear axle or exhaust somewhere? Never had the clunking on turning either?

Think that the noise on full lock is just a trait of the car cause had it on both Cups now. Had mine back twice in two days, again brand new with faults which should have never been there.

Funny you should say that as ive got a clunk when i take off and again when i put it into second. I was going to take the wheel nuts outta the glove box and take the other key off of the key ring and see if it still does it before i take a trip back to mr ren garage.

Quote: Originally posted by 17too cup on 11 May 2003

ive had my cup back to the dealers over 20 times ive even tried to reject it but am having to let them try to fix it cos i couldnt afford the leagal fees

the problems i have r the knocking sort of noise that comes when corneing lock to lock on any uneven surface ,the dealers latest attempt was to change the drive shaft . i queried y and was told reno sport tecs had advised to do this but they were sadly wrong ,

also there was a water leek at the back that the dealer repaired by putting silocon at the end of the gutter on the roof and painted with touch up paint which i was not amused and got them to do it properly.

also the drivers side electic window makes shady noises when going up and down and reno still havent got it fixed after all these attempts ..

sorry for the essay but im a bit pissed off with it and i defo think it was built on mon morning or friday after noon ...
Get in touch with autoexpress mate!

ive just covered 5000m in my cup its still in one piece, no rattles or bits falling off, the only thing is when a passenger gets in the suspension groans a little apart from that its all good except from a bit of wood that went under the car last week and ripped out the plastics in the wheel arch, Reno dealer says he cant order them ?????? and has pointed me down the road to some coach buider? .....fools!!!!

I swapped my 8000 miles lease Cup for my own Cup which had 13 miles on the clock, but worse condition than the 8000 miles one. Bummer:-(