ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAO: iPhone 4 - Queuing People

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
Ok so went into O2 to get my microsim yesterday, this is the results which are pretty scary!

1) Micro-sims are no longer being given out due to a massive shortage in them. They're worried they won't have enough for release... Basically they are now only giving them out if you have a preorder confirmation from apple OR you can show them a handset..otherwise you're not getting one!
2) I asked the manager, what time would you expect someone to queue to get a sim, he obviously said he couldn't say, BUT he did say that the person at the front of the queue last year had started queuing at 2am................... now this may be a freak occurence but i think i may arrive for 5am to make sure.

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
EDIT: 2nd point i meant queue for the phone not the sim.

Rob - rekon that would be enough mate.

BMW F31
So does anybody know if Carphone warehouse or Phone4U will be opening early as my local O2 suck and wont be opening until 9am!

330i. E30 Touring.
PMSL at queuing at 2am for a f**king phone!

I'll wait until Orange answer the phone, and will wait patiently for delivery, I think.

Tesla MP3 2021
Ok so went into O2 to get my microsim yesterday, this is the results which are pretty scary!

1) Micro-sims are no longer being given out due to a massive shortage in them. They're worried they won't have enough for release... Basically they are now only giving them out if you have a preorder confirmation from apple OR you can show them a handset..otherwise you're not getting one!
2) I asked the manager, what time would you expect someone to queue to get a sim, he obviously said he couldn't say, BUT he did say that the person at the front of the queue last year had started queuing at 2am................... now this may be a freak occurence but i think i may arrive for 5am to make sure.

That has always been the case, it tells you that on the O2 website.

I walked in, asked for a Micro Sim, showed him my Apple confirmation email and I went on my way!

DC5
Chances of an o2 store having stock left at about 11:00??

I am fine as I have 1 reserved with Apple, but my bro was coming with me to upgrade at o2 as his contract is in my name. But balls to queuing early with the amount of alcohol I am going to consume when England lose tonight.

Golf R/Leon FR
My O2 store wasn't on the early opening list, having been told on Saturday they were opening early, they are not now. ill still be going down for 6am i think

BMW F31
^^My thoughts exactly, getting up at half 5 which is only half hour earlier than normal, getting there for around 6ish and hopefully there wont be loads of queues! if i dont get one i'll just wait, or try CPWH ;)

B

Bucko

I'm so confused, in exeter we have O2, Phones4U and Carphonewarehouse all within 50 metres of each other on the High Street, and another Carphonewarehouse about a mile from the city centre in an industrial estate.

I'm seriously considering getting up early as i can't stand my poverty Nokia anymore, but where do i queue?

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
iPhone 4 will not be available on the o2.co.uk online shopor through our telesales teams until at least the end of July.

Still not the end of the world is it!

I'm getting to the Hereford O2 store for about 7. Pretty sure there's not even 50 people in this city that can afford one, so hopefully the queue won't be too big.

BMW E46 330i Touring
I'm so confused, in exeter we have O2, Phones4U and Carphonewarehouse all within 50 metres of each other on the High Street, and another Carphonewarehouse about a mile from the city centre in an industrial estate.

I'm seriously considering getting up early as i can't stand my poverty Nokia anymore, but where do i queue?

Don't forget there's also Carphone Warehouse in Princesshay as well as the High Street!

My understanding is that O2 and Apple are open at 8, CPW and P4U open at 9. I don't know what Orange are doing tbh.

I'm detouring through town on my way to work in the morning. I either Apple or O2 have a small queue I'll probably hang around, anything more than 10 people queuing and I'll not bother and worry about it in a few weeks.

One guy has offered me £670 for the spare 16GB I've reserved, and will collect from me tomorrow after I've got it from the store.

If I don't post again, it's because I was mugged for an iPhone.

n/a
had a little play with one today they are a good phone defintley on my list after my contract with 3 runs out.:dead: cant believe people are going to be queing up so early to get them

B

Bucko

Don't forget there's also Carphone Warehouse in Princesshay as well as the High Street!

My understanding is that O2 and Apple are open at 8, CPW and P4U open at 9. I don't know what Orange are doing tbh.

I'm detouring through town on my way to work in the morning. I either Apple or O2 have a small queue I'll probably hang around, anything more than 10 people queuing and I'll not bother and worry about it in a few weeks.

Oh yeah, i forgot about that one in Princesshay!

Mrs Bcko is going to drive me into town about 0630 and if the queues are small enough then i'll join one, if it's mega busy i'll go back to bed.

I just drove through town about 20 mnis ago and there is zero queues at any of the shops, including Apple.

CPW opens at 0800

Mini Cooper S
Off to bed now, planning on getting to o2 shop for 7AM. Wish me luck! Never wake up at 6AM. Can't believe I'm waking up 2 hours early for a phone.

Clio 182
if im paying for somthing then im doing them a service and queing through the night for a phone is pretty muggish. they can send me one.

E87 118d M Sport
I cant understand people who stand in a queue for hours to go on roller-coasters, that last 20 seconds.