ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAO Lee... F1 Championship

I'm a little confused, I completed the first 2 races of the career mode (Bahrain and Melborne) and finished the races in the top half of the field and got points, also qualified really well.

I turned on the tyre and race (flags etc) simulation and now I can't even qualify above 24th place! I'm around 2-3 seconds off the pace of the car in 23rd position! I have no idea why, I'm driving well without making mistakes!

Tyre simulation is hard! Run wide and watch the marbles build up on the tyres... they take a good few laps to clear

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I'll give Monaco a go on the PC m8, let you know if its any better...

D.

I did have a problem on monaco last night. the chicane towards the end of the track, kinda jerks and almost feels like it puts you in auto drive for a split second.

Weird - I've just had this too. Picked Monaco in heavy rain as Alonso in the Ferrari. Set it for a 3-lap race and it ran super-smooth. I expected with the graphics options set to Ultra that it would have struggled - especially at 1920x1200 - but it didn't. :)

Anyways, tip-toeing around the circuit and everything is ok - until I hit that chicane section. From then on, the game stutters - like the frame-rate takes an instant hit, yet the sound is running perfectly.

Very strange.

D.

1.8 Civic EX
I'm a little confused, I completed the first 2 races of the career mode (Bahrain and Melborne) and finished the races in the top half of the field and got points, also qualified really well.

I turned on the tyre and race (flags etc) simulation and now I can't even qualify above 24th place! I'm around 2-3 seconds off the pace of the car in 23rd position! I have no idea why, I'm driving well without making mistakes!

this is exactly what I've been suffering with. Although I had a quick bash at lunch today, all I changed was the tyers I've been using (changed from Prime to Option) and first lap without really trying too much I got a 2.04 something or other where as before the best I could do was a 2.09. (bahrain)

Oil Burner
I barely notice a difference between tyre sim on and off to be honest.

The biggest difference i have found is to make sure you have the right base setup, then i usually add a bit of toe out on the front to give better initial turn in and also make sure the front wing is running about 3 points more down force (compromises straight line). Also if your doing qualifying options are only really good for 3 laps max, usually i get 2 of these discounted because of short cutting.

All of the 3 new team cars are awful to drive and you will struggle on hard/professional to make Q2 or 17th. When i lost my save game data :( i started a 3 season game and am driving Toro Rosso - such a better car, makes the game more enjoyable. And i am able to run top 10 easily in Pro difficulty (seems to easy tbh).

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
It's a shame Lee can't post, but I just don't understand how these errors got through given the amount of testing this went through. Seems now that everyone has experienced 1 of these issues? From the outside, the only conclusion seems to be that codemasters were aware of the issues, but effectively didn't give a flying f**k about the end purchaser, and put out an unfinished product?

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
I do keep getting the message from the engineer saying "Jarno's lapping faster than you, try copying his set up" - how do I copy his set up!? I've looked everywhere!

I think tyre simulation will be going off tonight until I've mastered the circuits.

Fabia VRS Special Ed
Second race of the season - In practise I was fastest, had a bad qualifying session in Q3, broke my nosecone and ended up not putting in a lap so was 10th on the grid, even though it was a bummer I loved it lol.

After about half the race I was in 4th, as I was coming past one of the Red Bulls I tapped the back of it and I got a drive through penalty, went down to 6th from that but absolutely blitzed the second half, ended up coming second about 3 seconds behind Hamilton, another 2 laps and I'd have had him :p

LOL at the fanboys geting all defensive. Perhaps, just perhaps, other people have different standards to your own? To be clear, I'm not moaning about the game - I have yet play it. However, I don't think it's unreasonable that people are discussing what they view to be bad points. Stop moaning? Stop moaning about people moaning. f**king internet.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Ok this is taking the piss now.

Sweating all race to keep Vettel behind me, with me in first, only to dive into the pits and rejoin, and he didn't even f*cking pit!!!! Yet if I don't pit, I get a drive through, then still have to pit.

Not exactly a minor glitch. It's f*cked. :(

RS Clio 182
Just came 5th in Shanghai,a good battle with Button all the race,finally got him on the penultimate lap - although Del la Rosa came 3rd so im guessing he didnt pit! (in fact he cant have done) Also Hamilton was up near the top 5 but finished 18th..

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
The not pitting thing is so annoying, as is the being held back in the pits.

I had got up to 2nd, with hamilton in 3rd, we pitted towards the end of the race. As per the bug he came out infront of me, and when i rejoined I was last. I had easily pulled well over a minute, maybe 2 minutes on the back runners so f**k knows how that happened. Ruins the race strategy thing, might aswell pit after lap 1 and then start the racing.

E87 118d M Sport
Thats what I'm doing atm. Running the options to about lap 6/7, then pitting and running the prime. There are still a few who pit, but the majority seem to have passed.

Bumder With A Buffer
Oh dear so it seems things aren't very good then?? I almost got this yesterday but decided against it.

So it looks pretty but doesnt work??

Think I will leave the career mode until the game is patched. I suspect that will take a while as the codies will have to pul their devs off dirt 3 and back onto this, patch will have to go through testing and then onto approval from sony and MS. Having bought this for xbox I hope the patch doesn't exceed MS patch size limits!!!

Gamespot gave this game a 7.5/10 and the second page of their review outlines a lot of these issues and lack of telemetry/split times.

RS Clio 182
Just done Catalunya - both Qualifying sessions bone dry - on grid in 10th - then the race comes and its a torrential downpour!! couldnt see a thing the first few corners hehe,the graphics are absolute quality in the rain - i was behind the 2 red bulls most of the race in 5th - then i spun it on the penultimate lap,chose to go in pits that lap,but my teammate Trulli went in before,so i had to wait - surely the team should tell you this hehe - anyway,i came last in the end.

Gamespot gave this game a 7.5/10 and the second page of their review outlines a lot of these issues and lack of telemetry/split times.

Just read this review, superb. Pretty much the only one that appears to have played the game long enough to notice the problems which pretty much 99% of people are experiencing now, they even mention the lack of interval times.

I get the feeling most put a couple of hours into it at most, a shame as if more of these things had been highlighted in the press (not just by moaning teenagers) things may have kicked off with regards to patching all of it a bit quicker.

Bumder With A Buffer
LOL been reading some threads over on codemasters and came across this gem..

"(For me Massa's time was stated as 2.02 but it actually took him 2.07 for the AI car to do the lap)."

Are you kidding me! 5 ONE-HUNDREDTHS of a second! You have all these people flipping out because you didn't click it right when he hit the line.. lmao

Clio 182

"(For me Massa's time was stated as 2.02 but it actually took him 2.07 for the AI car to do the lap)."

Are you kidding me! 5 ONE-HUNDREDTHS of a second! You have all these people flipping out because you didn't click it right when he hit the line.. lmao

That would be true if they did the whole lap in 2.02 seconds.... but if you read it the post is 2 mins and 2 seconds. So it is 5 seconds difference.

dk

911 GTS Cab

Your fail, surely that's 2m2s versus 2m7s so 5 seconds difference.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member

Quoted for complete failure

Just read this review, superb. Pretty much the only one that appears to have played the game long enough to notice the problems which pretty much 99% of people are experiencing now, they even mention the lack of interval times.

I get the feeling most put a couple of hours into it at most, a shame as if more of these things had been highlighted in the press (not just by moaning teenagers) things may have kicked off with regards to patching all of it a bit quicker.

Gamespots reviews are often frustratingly late compared to the other sites but oh so accurate in comparison.

Lets face it you could play the game for an hour and be like OMG this is the best thing since sliced bread, its when you spend a little more time on it and start to miss things like the timings, they are so important, instead you get a time trial with sprites, knock Hamilton off and he still wins!

Gutted - I was actually going to Tesco's to buy this earlier, but reading through the thread I think I'll wait to see if anything is fixed.

For me, the most annoying thing is the developers must have fully known about these bugs, which by reading your accounts, make a career a non starter.

Surley you cant "big up" this game, on here by Lee, and in the press, knowing that when people have spent their hard earned money they will be dissapointed when these things happen.

Imagine a dealership selling a new car, fully knowing that after a few hours driving the car wont work correctly?!? This is not good atall....

I think the developers should appologise to everyone who has bought this, and lets face it games aren't cheap, and offer a full refund if people complain.

I was so looking forward to an amazing looking F1 game, but how can you race for an hour or so to be bumped 10 places down the grid?!?

This is a masive fail of the fundamental things a racing game is about, i.e being given the place you actually finish in??

Gutted indeed.

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
Got two sets on penalties for fook all before on Melbourne.
Was in the wet, 11th on Grid, someone smashed into the back of me on first corner and I got done for blocking. I was taking the corner normally!

I even worked my way from 18th back to 11th, until the end when the time penalties came in.
Great game, but rather annoying sometimes, lets hope they can do something!

Dafthead

ClioSport Club Member
  MB EQC
Had a quality time tonight playing against a couple of mates, not too bothered about the career stuff but it's awesome online against your mates :-D