ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAO Lee... F1 Championship

MY10 R35 GTR
Im running with all aids off, apart from the dynamic racing line. Rules Realistic, Full sim with tyres, fuel and damage

AI dificulty Pro 0 flashbacks

Just about to do monaco practise, 1 win this season in china (wet) running with Virgin

I'm gradually notching the difficulty up, as soon as I get my Lotus into Q2 for a race I up the AI or turn an aid off...with 7 seasons I really don't want to be going unrealistically far up the field so early.

Now I'm using the wheel (which makes circuits like Shanghai with its sweeping corners so much easier) it's notching up pretty quickly, now using Pro AI, all aids off and braking points for Practice. Qualifying approx 18th (and finishing races around the same point) so it feels spot on at the moment.

Flasbacks in reserve for when the kitten decides he wants to help drive, but not used if it's my own mistake.

Loving the online. Playing against real players is very enjoyable! Handling is awesome, noise sexy I will await the patch now before starting career in anger and I want a wheel!

Just won the world championship with Force India (intermediate difficultly, tyre and fuel sim on, partial TC)

Just signed to RB, starting again on professional difficulty. I might do longer race distances too, not sure yet :)

Still enjoying it apart from the occasional frustration like being held in the pits for ages!

Btw...can you affect the pit times? Or is it just faster for the better teams? For the whole pit process I just keep my finger on the throttle trigger lol!

RS Clio 182
Do you guys know if you have to go in pits the lap the engineer tells you to? I want to find a better lap to go in to avoid pit stop bug hehe,but i always follow the advice of my engineer and go in the lap he tells me to...

Oil Burner
Just cancel the pit stop with the triangle button (on ps3) and then when you decide you want to put use the same button to get the guys ready.

The red line infront of the car on the diagram indicates your on an in lap.

Fabia VRS Special Ed
Do you guys know if you have to go in pits the lap the engineer tells you to? I want to find a better lap to go in to avoid pit stop bug hehe,but i always follow the advice of my engineer and go in the lap he tells me to...

You can dictate when you pit by pressing Y, if you want to go in later then press Y to stop the pitstop, then press Y again on the lap you want to go in.

I'm still on Kuala Lumpa, got 12th in qualifying and went to 5th in the first few laps, then spun coming out of one of the final corners and went down to 12th, then somebody ploughed into the back of me at one of the next corners for no apparent reason, I got a drive through penalty lol!

I get a puncture every single session gauranteed!

Loving the online. Playing against real players is very enjoyable! Handling is awesome, noise sexy I will await the patch now before starting career in anger and I want a wheel!

I've got one gayboy, pop over with your copy at some point and I'll plug the fucker in for you.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
In the pre-race menu (in the pit garage, after qualy), go to the tyre menu. Under the tyre options, there's a race strategy menu. Gives you an estimate of how long the tyre's will last, and allows you to change which lap to come in.

I always do quali on the prime, allows a very late pit strategy, missing everyone elses stops. Also gives you track position on working tyres.

Fabia VRS Special Ed
WTF! Was on K L and coming 4th, absolutely thrashing it round, the rain stopped and the pit crew told me to come in to change tyres as my old ones were orange on the telemetry thing, everyone else had pitted and put option tyres on as the racing line had dried so I wanted to do the same, the daft tw@ts put intermediates back on and I ended up spinning later in the race :mad:

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
thats a point^^ how do you select what tyre you want if it gets dry?

If using a steering wheel, use the d pad. Press right when driving and it should bring up the wing/tyre menu. Select from there I'm guessing.

RS Clio 182
Cheers for the reply about pits...yeah ive pressed the triangle button to select when i want to pit in - gives me more choice when to avoid the traffic etc..

I did Monaco tonight,couldnt find any pace at all,best time was a late 1:21,qualified in 22nd and came 17th in the end - think i was taking some of the corners too cautious as i know one false move around monte carlo and youre history hehe...i think i will do better next time there though,its all about getting as many practice laps in as you can i think. My teammate Trulli is absolutely useless - comes dead last most races!

Has anyone heard their pit crew radio in and tell you youre teammate is coming into pits on a specific lap? I havnt heard it yet - would be bloody useful if you knew that,so youre not coming in at the same time! Youre relying on the map otherwise..

Astra SRI/ Hornet
Pit crew do tell you when your team mate comes in. I just ignored them at first till I found the race strategy setting.

172//Crap Micra//Bus
So, I qualified quite high up the grid (I can even see the lights :)) at Melborne Park, then it's pissing it down at the start. I make up positions in the first half the lap, then it all goes to s**t. I swear some of corners are impossible to steer around in rain, I mean how the he'll are you supposed to do it... Especially whilst staying on the pace?!

Spec C 12.5@110 (345/355)
I have everything switched off, legendary
AI etc, with tyre/fuel sim on I'm still quicker than the AI, but its a challenge. Why is it when you turn off tyre/fuel it gets ridiculously easy?

Peugeot 308
Completed my 1st Season with Virgin Cosworth...albeit on easy mode. Won the championship.

Moved onto Redbull, taking Webbers place... Hes now vanished off the game/season?!

Anyhow, I think the Virgin Cossy was a better car... :S

Wheelstand Pro arrived today, can't wait to try it out tonight. Mighty quick delivery from Poland (3 days from ordering), had a quick nosey and it looks very well made.

Golf R/Leon FR
Played Valencia last night, really liked the track, came 2nd in the Force India. Currently 6th in the standings, on medium difficulty. All aids off apart from medium TC and fuel tyres on.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I thought Valencia was awesome. Weird, since it's so dull to watch.

Went on Suzuka last night too. The S-Bends at the start of the lap are savage.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Yeah, my Toro Rosso is actually worse after the upgrades, mid season.

It'll either be so keen to turn in that the back end's like a Tesco's trolley, or have catastrophic understeer. Not ideal.

Nothing at the mo :(
Im in the 4th race now of my seasons, all ads of... AI on Professional and currently 6th in the standings with Virgin Cossie

My car seems wicked for the first half of the race.. then it dies of and i struggle to keep in the top 8... came 3rd though on my 2nd race :p

I did restart ONCE though cause no lie.. .me and about 4 others pitted.. i was like 16th at the end and was like WTF DONT THINK SO!!! so restarted lol

Nothing at the mo :(
Also people say your just doing time trial

Well your not lol.. just ignore the bad times they set and just try and keep up with em lol

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
Just tried a couple of laps of Shanghai - how bloody bumpy? lol

Like driving over a washboard in places.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Shanghai is awesome, great track. Monaco is annoying, so much slow down at the end of the lap it's like driving in slow-mo.