ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAO Lee... F1 Championship

Spec C 12.5@110 (345/355)
how do you mean the tyre sim doesn't affect ai?

just because you read it on those forums? as if the ai always have tyre sim on (as these are your settings you are choosing, not theirs) then you aren't going to notice any difference in their times when you turn it on, as its only affecting you by making it the same as them by taking away your advantage. if it makes you place properly then why not turn it on, it works, its harder with it on, you need to warm the tyres up first and you need to watch out when you go off the track and collect debris.

I really am not sure why people keep saying tyre sim is faulty apart from having read it by some yank moaners on the CM forum.

I've seen it happening on all my <100% races with tyre and fuel on. The main thing that shows it is getting off the line, you have 100% fuel and cold tyres the AI don't and you get raped off the line, everytime. Turn it off and you can get off the line comparatively with other cars around you.

PH1 iceburg
Been on valencia all afternoon, set up with to much wing so qualified 21st. Been rage restarting all day LOL

Astra SRI/ Hornet
Racing bifcaids today he was all confident after he out qualified me but i won the race. Lol well next race I qualified 3rd and the lights begin so we all rev and they all go and I'm stuck on the spot like a div just hitting the limiter. I've had this problem before and some 1 needs to be sacked for that s**t.

Nothing at the mo :(
Been on valencia all afternoon, set up with to much wing so qualified 21st. Been rage restarting all day LOL

honestly? lol thought that was the easiest trace so far... just did silverstone and came 1st.. thats 3 1st places in a row now lol

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Racing bifcaids today he was all confident after he out qualified me but i won the race. Lol well next race I qualified 3rd and the lights begin so we all rev and they all go and I'm stuck on the spot like a div just hitting the limiter. I've had this problem before and some 1 needs to be sacked for that s**t.

you nearly got served especially after having a massive 10sec lead shame i over cooked the throttle otherwise it would of been good bye. xx

oh yea blitzed them in that second race

Finally got around to playing this over the weekend. First impressions are that it's pretty f**king good. I've only done a couple of single GPs and a shed load of time trials with some chums, so I've not yet noticed any bugs at all. The driving is awesome, which is the most important thing.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Yeah, I love that section. You can take it flat on options for a bit. Mental stuff.

I've got Spa next... really looking forward to it.

how do you mean the tyre sim doesn't affect ai?

just because you read it on those forums? as if the ai always have tyre sim on (as these are your settings you are choosing, not theirs) then you aren't going to notice any difference in their times when you turn it on, as its only affecting you by making it the same as them by taking away your advantage. if it makes you place properly then why not turn it on, it works, its harder with it on, you need to warm the tyres up first and you need to watch out when you go off the track and collect debris.

I really am not sure why people keep saying tyre sim is faulty apart from having read it by some yank moaners on the CM forum.

Probably from here...

Race lap times are not faked, they may look different to the player as the AI don't experience tyre wear or fuel weight changes in exactly the same way as the player.

I've taken mine back for a refund because a) It wasn't all it was hyped up to be, and b) I'm not online with the xbox at the moment so can't get full enjoyment out of the game.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Probably from here...

I've taken mine back for a refund because a) It wasn't all it was hyped up to be, and b) I'm not online with the xbox at the moment so can't get full enjoyment out of the game.

The official statement made out that they do? Just that the stats might need adjusting a little

Oil Burner
The official statement made out that they do? Just that the stats might need adjusting a little

For quali and FP1,2,3 if you fast forward the session then they are made up times based on conditions and a load of other stuff.

But actual races the AI are not scripted etc...

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
ive just started the carrer again on my Jap account and im doing it on Hard with legendry AI , TCS off, ABS off, tyre and fuel simulation, full rules & flags and pit limiter and box control. first race couldnt do better than a 2:01:348 in the Toro Rosso it turns better than my old Sauber

dk

911 GTS Cab
For quali and FP1,2,3 if you fast forward the session then they are made up times based on conditions and a load of other stuff.

But actual races the AI are not scripted etc...
Sorry, we are talking about the tyre sim making an impact on the ai, not whether it's scripted.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I bet you'd improve on that time if you were used to the 360 pad, Mike. I don't know how anyone plays it with all aids off, and uses the PS3 pad.

It's hard enough with proper triggers!

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
thats because im no longer a "f**kin peasant" im rocking a Drivingforce pro with a wheelstand pro Bo!

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
I bet you'd improve on that time if you were used to the 360 pad, Mike. I don't know how anyone plays it with all aids off, and uses the PS3 pad.

It's hard enough with proper triggers!

I do! Since my Xbox broke I nicked my brothers copy of F1 for the Pussy3.

And yes, it's hard. As soon as it starts to slide, there is no catching it.

172//Crap Micra//Bus
I do! Since my Xbox broke I nicked my brothers copy of F1 for the Pussy3.

And yes, it's hard. As soon as it starts to slide, there is no catching it.

b****cks!! When I end up in a huge tank slapper, I can catch it quite easily. I will confess... The controller isn't exactly the best, but I can't use xbox ones either, that doesn't mean it's s**t

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3
just got this, first impressions are its pretty good. Racing for Force India, qualified in 8th ahead of Sutil, then smashed my front wing off on the first corner of the race. doh. I swear Lee is in the pit crew too.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
b****cks!! When I end up in a huge tank slapper, I can catch it quite easily. I will confess... The controller isn't exactly the best, but I can't use xbox ones either, that doesn't mean it's s**t

See even when I catch it it just turns into a pendulum. There is no feel what so ever in PS3 controls. My hands are too big for them too. f**king hate them!

dk

911 GTS Cab
just got this, first impressions are its pretty good. Racing for Force India, qualified in 8th ahead of Sutil, then smashed my front wing off on the first corner of the race. doh. I swear Lee is in the pit crew too.

He's the front jack man in the garage but I've not noticed him in the pit stop crew, I'm normally worrying to much about getting it right though to sightsee

Really starting to f**k me off now. Running first and 3 laps before the end I get a puncture so end up coming 5th, thats cool I thought, don't mind it happening like once in a while for no reason. Next race, 2 laps before the end (again im in 1st) puncture, thankfully I had the gay flashback things available so I used one, onto last lap at Swimming Pool on Monaco and bam, another flat tyre. Managed to finish first still but had to block Alonso on the start/finish straight.

C63 PP,R1,,Clubman
Hmmm after playing this for a couple hours its stating to get annoying ,I love the fact that you can get rammed of the track by others but as soon as you touch another car its a 10sec penalty and that the pit crew didn't think it would be a good idea to tell me to come in when it started raining when im on slicks.

5/10 back to SBK 10 i think.

lol just had my most topsy turvy race ever. On pole at Singapore in the wet, and I mean torrential wet!

Chandok won, with me second and Heikki third! Hows that for a podium lol ;) And they both qualified way down the field. Vettel, my team mate didnt finish. Saw loads of spins from other drivers which I havent encountered yet either.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
properly gutted today, finally got round to the first race at Bahrain (New carrier everything set to most difficult), I'd qualified 16th overall started the race with an evidently slower Toro Rosso. After the first sector I was 10th and stayed there till the 3rd lap where I was 5th and I had to pit. Jumped in the pits tyres changed and then i was struck with "Pit box bug" till I was 24th. Anyway I cracked on, by lap 7 I was back upto 15th the disaster struck on turn 17(iirc)... f**king PUNCHER!!! Great so back to 24th I went and finished 24th at the end. Sooo disappointed!

Bumder With A Buffer
Had my first go on this last night...

Bahrain was PISS easy even on hard difficulty (but with Traction control on full and manual Gears).

Went to Melbourne and qualified on pole..from there it was just a complete failure..Shunted up the arse by Webber which put me into last on the first corner, No-one pitted :( Restarted that F'ing race 4 times and the speed they were flying around was mental..Even sticking their difficulty down to easy they were still silly quick! Then on the last lap of the race (30% distance) I took my eye off the TV for a split second and managed to spin on the last left hander..which put me into about 7th by the time I got back on! Fuuuuuuuuu

Think I need to chaneg my driving style though...seems like im hooning it into corners, hard on the brakes then not having the speed through the croners. Thing is if I brake earlier they overtake on the approach to any corners.

Is Bahrain really easy for anyone else??

Nothing at the mo :(
Had my first go on this last night...

Bahrain was PISS easy even on hard difficulty (but with Traction control on full and manual Gears).

Went to Melbourne and qualified on pole..from there it was just a complete failure..Shunted up the arse by Webber which put me into last on the first corner, No-one pitted :( Restarted that F'ing race 4 times and the speed they were flying around was mental..Even sticking their difficulty down to easy they were still silly quick! Then on the last lap of the race (30% distance) I took my eye off the TV for a split second and managed to spin on the last left hander..which put me into about 7th by the time I got back on! Fuuuuuuuuu

Think I need to chaneg my driving style though...seems like im hooning it into corners, hard on the brakes then not having the speed through the croners. Thing is if I brake earlier they overtake on the approach to any corners.

Is Bahrain really easy for anyone else??

Brake hard then but slightly keep your finger on the brake a tad as you turn... If you brake hard and turn you lock up. so on turns where you wanna overtake for e.g and you want that bit of a edge.. brake hard past them but still appl the brake a tad as you TRY and hug the corner

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3
Melbourne is a right b*****d in the wet. I managed a 10th there last night after qualifying 6th and completing the whole race on inters. Went onto mayasia and qualified 6th. I was 2nd for ages then pitted and somehow come out 8th so finished 4th in the end.

Not experienced any bugs as such so i’m just enjoying the game without thinking about what might happen too much.

Bumder With A Buffer
Oh ive also noticed the ghosting bugs..Went into the pits in Melbourne and Webber was behind me..but he drove thourgh me AT SPEED (IE above the pit limit) and into his box...Thank f**k there was only 2 of us in the pits though.