ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAO Weight/Malice/P Carr

I am going to lower my torsion bar soon and was wondering what size bolt do I need for screwing into the torsion bar?

I tried an M10 which is 80mm long, but it only goes in a couple of turns and then gets stuck. Do I need a smaller size or is it just a tight fit and needs screwing in really tight with a socket?

Any other tips before I take the plunge?

Cheers

Im sure its m10, mine just went straight in after i blasted the thread with plus gas. Is there any damage to the thread of the torsion bar?? have you tried the other side??

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

it is an m10 on my car too,

1 thing i did notice is that the 16v torsion bar is different to the rt, so what ever car u have its different when i looked at my bar it looked brand new shiney and clean.

MaLicE

I have a 1.4 the bar was in pretty good condition, I gave everything a liberal coating of WD40 and put the plastic caps back on. I will give it a few days and repeat the proceedure for a week or two.

Basically the bolt seems to be the right size but I dont want to force it. Could you screw it in by hand? The only other explanation is that the bar is rusted on the inside (dont think so as my car is a late 1997 model) or I was cross threading it (but I tried a couple of times)

Ill try again this weekend and let you know how it goes.

Cheers

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

if u still have probs see if u can get a tap and run it down the thread and make sure ur bolt is ok too.

u dont really need to wd 40 them much as they are protected and u will need to jack up just by the drums cos u cant see the centre splines and u have to turn the bar around to make it fit just keep twistin it untill it oes back in.

MaLicE