ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FF missuse.

FF Issues.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
  It's A Reno
Mr Kronenbourg has advised that I turn the PC off now, but can I just say it was nice playing with you.
Are you coming out to play tomorrow?

PH2 172
i dont really care to be honest, but as i have a late 172 with cruise control and traction control that can be my version of FF

dci126 & H&R'd 1*2
Whats a ph2 172 with sat nav then ejj?

SO a 03 and later model 172, equipped with esp and sat nav is a 172FF
172's with cup spoiler, cup splitter and coileys qualify under that term aswell:approve:

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
If someone gets annoyed by something like this they need to take time out from teh internetz imo.

To me, there is such a thing as a FF 172, which would be one that comes with everything, earlier ones do not have TC or CC etc, which the later ones do, meaning that a later one would be "FF" if someone says to you, they drive a FF 172 you know exactly what they mean, so why are they not aloud to say it but someone with a 182 is?

ITs just balls tbh.

330Ci (Fail)Sport
I'm with the Doc on this one. Its 172 or 172 cup.

It not very difficult, FF ONLY applies to 182s with both cup packs, ie. cup suspension and cup spoilers.

172 Ph1
172 Ph2
172 Cup
182 Cup
182 FF
182 Trophy

Saying that it doesn't really bother me if people write 172FF, worse things have happened in the world. But its not difficult to understand or get right.

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
I'm with the Doc on this one. Its 172 or 172 cup.

It not very difficult, FF ONLY applies to 182s with both cup packs, ie. cup suspension and cup spoilers.

172 Ph1
172 Ph2
172 Cup
182 Cup
182 FF
182 Trophy

Saying that it doesn't really bother me if people write 172FF, worse things have happened in the world. But its not difficult to understand or get right.

But why is it wrong?! I cannot see why it is wrong, a FF 182 is one that comes with everything, why not the same for a 172? i know that a 182 you pay extra for the cup packs which you don't on a 172 but thats a minor thing to have this huge uproar about!

330Ci (Fail)Sport
But why is it wrong?! I cannot see why it is wrong, a FF 182 is one that comes with everything, why not the same for a 172? i know that a 182 you pay extra for the cup packs which you don't on a 172 but thats a minor thing to have this huge uproar about!

Yeah it is minor but I get his point.

Cup packs were options to have the additions of the cup but without losing any luxuries, best of both worlds depending on how you look at it. TC/ESP and cruise were just additional specs added onto the 172 throughout its life.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
PMSL! How ghey! There is no such thing as FF on the 182 either. Pretty sure Reno didn't call it that.

172 ( 52 onwards had ESP, 53/04 172's and 53 182's had cruise) 172 was available with Options
172 Cup
182 Cup (Poverty spc)
182 with spoiler/splitter/suspension pack.

DONE y0!

BMW F21 125d
I'm loving this thread, and im suprised by how close the poll is too. I used to own a 172, and now own a 182FF, and am with the Dr on this one... i suppose if you dont own either car then your on the fence, if you own a 172, your a wannabe! And if you own a 182FF then your proud of your purchase and dont want 172 owners muscleling in on your brand!

(Prepares to get ripped apart)

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
I'm loving this thread, and im suprised by how close the poll is too. I used to own a 172, and now own a 182FF, and am with the Dr on this one... i suppose if you dont own either car then your on the fence, if you own a 172, your a wannabe! And if you own a 182FF then your proud of your purchase and dont want 172 owners muscleling in on your brand!

(Prepares to get ripped apart)

Pssh, what 172 owner would wannabe a 182FF with gay exhausts like that?! :rasp:

tiTTy & SV650
the poll needs a FF is BS option cause it was just a flippant comment from someone here and it stuck.

IMO a 182 with leather and climate regardless of cup pack's is full fat i.e. not the poor mans choice but I can see why it'd be considered semi skimmed and a 182 cup would therefore be skimmed (maidens water).

This causes me no end of upset, sometimes I can't sleep at night after seeing such misuse of this made up terminology

If you don't care, don't post.

The next person to b**ch that this is pointless or whatever, will have some nice points to play with.

tiTTy & SV650
If you don't care, don't post.

The next person to b**ch that this is pointless or whatever, will have some nice points to play with.

Is it not worth adding a third option for those who think it's insignificant? I haven't voted because I don't agree with either option.:eek:

Megane R26
Isn't there a 225 Trophy too?

197 Cup
197 FF ;)
197 R27
197 Lux

I think... FF being Cup Suspension on a standard car... not sure about if you need the dodgy Cup spoiler to be FF?

Needs clarification from the FF Feds tbh.

Who f**king cares tbh

Too much bloody time

i get more pissed off with people coming on spamming threads with "no such thing as a full fat" and the OP question is never solved as ppl get too tired of trawling through it all

Let it go man

M2 Competition
Who f**king cares tbh

Too much bloody time

i get more pissed off with people coming on spamming threads with "no such thing as a full fat" and the OP question is never solved as ppl get too tired of trawling through it all

Let it go man

What he said.

A made up term, used to describe something. If it helps you realise its not a cup, its done its job.

White clique
I had a 172 FF - it was fully spec'd with all options available (except sat nav, was that an option), therefore ff rather than FF.