ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FIFA 13

MK2 PH2 1.2 16V
I never got into that Ultimate Team, I only ever played online on Fifa 12 and got bored when I won league 1 online. Might try UT out this time though.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I hate playing the computer. All it does is hold the ball and pass sideways.

Online ftw.

AI has been improved this year apparently. Career Mode is supposed to be really good. But yeah, offline against mates is ace. Might even venture onto online this time. Oh you guys :eek:

AI has been improved this year apparently. Career Mode is supposed to be really good. But yeah, offline against mates is ace. Might even venture onto online this time. Oh you guys :eek:

Start an Ultimate Team, Scutchio.

None of this "Everyone Barca/Real" shizzle.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Few initial demo comments:

Just played fifa13 demo on pc. Absolute joy on slow/manual...

You can definately feel the difference between the likes of David Silva and Yaya Touré.

Silva is the little nifty, technical player that have alot of flair in his play.

And Yaya more heavier and feels alot more like that working machine you need in the middle of the field

Ok some quick impressions.

- First touch control, more noticeable on AI than on my players, but it's there. Not as pronounced as I hoped it would be though, but these are top teams and seems to be worse with less skilled players, so I guess it's good enough.

- Graphically the game looks better than FIFA 12. You guys will be in for a surprise if you think Xbox/PS3 looks good - PC version is where it's at with 4xAA and high settings it blows consoles out of the water and has been since last year. Nice surprise is that I think finally I won't have to mess around with the LOD tweaker. Definitely an improvement over last year, if only slightly. I think higher resolution shadows and higher player LODs are "responsible" for this. Very smooth gameplay. Well, I expect no less on a 6-core cpu with a GTX680.

- One thing you can really notice is Attacking AI. Really helps you when the players FINALLY make the runs into space and play more intelligently. This is my favorite feature so far.

- The impact engine is better.

So far so good. Definitely don't regret my $40 pre-order.

Another nice little feature is that the crowd reacts when you are closing in on the box.

Played a through-ball too Milner and the crowd just went nuts.. And then I missed it and they won't "Oooooooooow..."

FCKING AWESOME!

Another thing I noticed is there is a third commentator, which tells you about the player's injury, if someone got injured. That's brilliant. You can also see 2-3 subs stretching on the sidelines. I've never seen it on those youtube videos for some reason. That's nice.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
You need to pay for UT don't you?

No, but if you pre-order the Ltd Edition one, you get up to 15 packs free (well, I say free, it's £15 worth anyway for what you pay extra for the Ltd Edition).

It's free. You can pay for packs if you want to but you don't have to.

Ultimate Edition you get 24 free packs (1 a week for 24 weeks) and you get a few free packs to get you started when you join.

You get coins for winning games and then you can buy more/better players.

I love it. Definitely kept me interested as I find it boring playing by myself (lol) otherwise. Plus there's an UT iOS app this year.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
24 packs is it? Hmm. I didn't bother with that as I don't care much for UT.

But it's only £6 more on Shopto for the Ltd Edition...

You don't have to. It's rare to find the top players in packs anyway. You can just win games/trade up and save to get more players.

24 packs is it? Hmm. I didn't bother with that as I don't care much for UT.

But it's only £6 more on Shopto for the Ltd Edition...

Amazon is where I did mine. Plus you get 10,000 EA Points for buying other stuff.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
You don't have to. It's rare to find the top players in packs anyway. You can just win games/trade up and save to get more players.

Amazon is where I did mine. Plus you get 10,000 EA Points for buying other stuff.

Yeah, I just mentioned Shopto because they're the cheapest. I too went with Amazon due to the 10k points.

The thing with UT is unless you spend money it takes a while to get a decent team.

The kids of today spend a fortune on it and have amazing teams and they are hard to beat. Im not a UT team fan but i will buy the Ltd edition version and give it another go.

Cant wait to try it out.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
UT is class. The only thing I play. Although 12 I had over a million coins so I was able to get the best players.

Easy, Martin Tyler ^^

It's good. Does seem a touch slower but players are definitely more intelligent and making runs when they should.

Looks great too.

Skill games in the load screen is great too. Love these already.