ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FIFA 2010

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Just noticed that Fifa doesn't actually have it's own thread, just comparisons with PES 2010 and which should we buy etc.

Anyway, here's a summary from GM :

Gamesmaster Magazine

+ The new faster crossing
+ 360 degree dribbling
+ Out set-pieces working

- Losing. By 9 goals to Andy, our producer.
- That it's so tough to score with headers unless you're three yards out

Graphics 90%
It's lagging behind the beautiful PES 2010 - Rooney isn't that Rooney-like.

Gameplay 92%
Brilliantly balanced, tonnes of depth, innovate features. A beautiful game.

Lifespan 96%
Hours and hours both online and off - Be a Pro, Virtual Pro and more

Overall 92%
Another year of improvement for the best simulation of footy going. Are you watching PES?

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Can't wait now! Still need to pre-order it somewhere though.

I traded about 9 games in that I don't play anymore to Game, and was given £75 which was placed on a card to use in their store, so that's where I'll be buying mine on October 2nd.

H.Maxim

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FF
I traded about 9 games in that I don't play anymore to Game, and was given £75 which was placed on a card to use in their store, so that's where I'll be buying mine on October 2nd.
That's not bad considering it was from Game, i usually go to gamestation of cex to trade in.

Tesla MP3 2021
Yeah cant wait for this :)

Just finished my last season on Fifa09 ready to trade in for 10.

Si

RS Clio 172
i wasn't going to get this but after a good session on '09 last night i think it'd be rude not to.

LY 200
Cant wait for it - Im already bang on the demo so hopefully by the time its out il be capable of much cainage in the world of online! Ha

Does anyone know if the games you've played online on 09 are carried over or do you start a fresh!?

I loved Fifa 98 Road to the World Cup. They've never given you an indoor stadium since :(

and no, they don't carry over. Start fresh.

LY 200
Good as gold - I only started playing the game lots around xmas last year when i set myself up online so now im abit more experienced im hoping im gonna get me a rank! ;)

Has anyone else managed to ever get themself ranked to a number?

Porsche Boxster987S
I loved Fifa 98 Road to the World Cup. They've never given you an indoor stadium since :(

and no, they don't carry over. Start fresh.

now that was awesome!!:approve:

looking forward to picking up fifa10. Wonder if any online cs leagues will last longer than a month this time.;)

Clio 182 FF
Im addicted to fifa 09 online, so really looking forward to this.
Hardly play it offline tbh.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Really good video review here (in Dutch, but the vid is class) :

http://www.insidegamer.nl/xbox360/fifa10/videos/12093

Ignore the weird looking boots at the beginning, it was a code error with the review copy.

Also :

FIFA 10 Manager Mode Improvements

* A more user-friendly manager mode hub/desktop
* More user-friendly navigation system
* Ability to edit kit numbers
* Improved Financial System
* New wage budget
* New board difficulty level setting
* New level of authenticity and realism with regard to signing players
* 2-tier bidding for players, first agree fee with club then agree terms with the player
* Manual growth removed but replaced with improved authentic/realistic auto-growth
* New scout ability to predict future growth of players
* Pre-season friendlies added, arranged by the new Assistant Manager
* The Assistant Manager will also assess the importance of upcoming matches and rotate your line-up for you. This is especially visible in early cup games, where you can see that your star players often get a rest in these games. He can also be turned off so you can take care of all the team management without him interfering.
* Board confidence update after every game
* Ability to renogotiate with players immediately and not through negotiation history
* Transfer rumours
* CPU squad rotation
* Fix to the long-term injury bug i.e. there will be long term injuries
* No "available negotiations" cap, unlimitied number of transfer offers depending on your available budget
* Final decision on player transfers. You can bid for multiple players for the same position and if they all accept then you can choose which players to sign and which not to sign.
* Manager mode will not end if you get sacked, your reputation will take a hit and you will get offers from other clubs.
* You will receive job offers at the end of a season "The better your Reputation, the better the offers will be. You will be able to see their squads overall as well as their key players in every area of their squad. The clubs financial situation will be shown as well. "
* Able to assign generic stadiums to clubs and rename them, and set weather conditions for that stadium.
* Improved atmosphere in matches with rivals and more 'frantic' celebrations
* Ability to view opponents starting 11 pre-match
* Ability to shortlist up to 20 players
* Computer generated player names will be regionalized, "no more Scott McFadden from Brazil"
* Additional in-game commentary inc "Transfer speech, Player Form Speech, Board Confidence comments and much more to come"
* Players are no longer tied to a club for 12 months after signing, they can move on as early as the next transfer window
* Financial bonus for promotion, to help bolster your squad
* Players will develop at other clubs, not just the user controlled one
* You can set the age of your created player and assign him to your MM club
* You can also edit the stats of your created player
* Contract length plays a role in the market value of a player
* English play-off finals will be played at Wembley
* New stats screen which tracks goal assists
* No limit on how much you can offer for a player, if you have the funds you can make the offer
* Player form, based on the last 5 matches [especially the last 2-3], will affect a players attributes and market value

Can't wait :cool:

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Quite a few folk have got the full game already. Play.com are shipping and a lot of places are selling early. B*stards.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Not mine, but like I say, a few folk already have the full game (illegally or through other means) :

3957789853_dcda62b1f9.jpg