ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FIFA 2010

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Would rather pay top whack and get it the day before or on release day.

EA has spent a year of work and alot of money to produce what is most likely going to be the best football sim ever. They deserve to get the money in return, and the people who get it through illegal means are scum tbh.

57 Clio Campus Sport
Would rather pay top whack and get it the day before or on release day.

EA has spent a year of work and alot of money to produce what is most likely going to be the best football sim ever. They deserve to get the money in return, and the people who get it through illegal means are scum tbh.

On the other hand I expect there are a few people that don't like paying £30-40 a year for the same game with up to date teams and a few new features. I mean you can update the rosters of 09 for £5 so your paying £25-35 for the few new features, features which probably won't make much difference to the game for an average person or when you have a few mates round an end up on it while you wait for the taxi to turn up, only for the people that play FIFA to the max when they play it.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
LOL, they do indeed. I can't remember a footy game that has picked up so many great reviews from almost every media outlet. It's looking good for EA, and perhaps not so for Konami and PES. We'll see, though.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Also, there's been a few worries about a major bug when shooting on assisted controls (goals from almost the halfway line) :

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/fifa-10...-shot-flaw.html

Well, David Rutter himself from EA responded to the thread with this re-assuring news :

We'll be confirming in the morning that this exploit, amongst other issues will be fixed in an update which SHOULD, all things blowing in our favour at Microsoft and Sony, be available DAY 1 globally.

The full response is being translated - but you've baited me into replying

Cheers

D

Good stuff :cool:

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
PS3M Magazine :

PES 2010 - 89%

FIFA 10 - 90%

They say in single player the ML of PES 10 shades the MM of FIFA 10.

Also they say PES 2010 has made the biggest improvements over the two games, but state they felt FIFA 10 was ahead after last year, therefore didnt need make as big of an improvement.

They say PES 2010 graphics and player models far surpass FIFA 10's zombie-esque renditions.

They also say that they scored PES 2009 way to high last year, and got stung by the pityful online play. They feel FIFA have improved their player individuality. ( It's still for me light years away from PES 2010 though IMO )

They say the ML is brilliant and where they will spend most of their time, but they said they will considering 'cheating' on their beloved PES 10 as FIFA is very good this year.

They say that PES 2010 is bug free, no more glitches, cheap cutback goals etc, no more freezing.

They also say that people that got dis-illusioned with PES 2009 and it's arcade nature will feel a real return to form with it's latest simulation based offering.

They say it's all down to preferred tastes and even the most loyal PES fans may give Fifa a go this year. And likewise, the Fifa men in the PSM3 office who have looked upon Konami's recent offerings with disdain have been curiously checking PES 2010 out.

LY 200
On the other hand I expect there are a few people that don't like paying £30-40 a year for the same game with up to date teams and a few new features. I mean you can update the rosters of 09 for £5 so your paying £25-35 for the few new features, features which probably won't make much difference to the game for an average person or when you have a few mates round an end up on it while you wait for the taxi to turn up, only for the people that play FIFA to the max when they play it.

Dont buy 2010 and just update the rosters on 09 then! :clown:

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Do you think many people would buy both? Its surely gotta be one or the other?

Yeah I went for Fifa over PES last year. Good move, IMO.

It's worth noting that PS3M are majorly biased towards PES, so for them to rate Fifa at 90% and PES at 89%, it must be doing something right. I think even if they'd rated Fifa at 96%, they'd still put PES very close at 95%, just to show the competitiveness of the games, now.

From that review alone and considering their feelings towards PES, I'd say that Fifa has won this battle quite comprehensively.

LY 200
How the hell can places like Tesco and Asda do it cheaper than Game?

I have never got this as surely Games buying power is much greater to the distributers of these games which would enable them to sell it the cheapest to the public? :S

Tesco account for £1 of every £6 spent in this country. So they have slightly more power! LOL

But, the mark up on games is tiny. So Tesco will be selling it at a loss. They do it because it brings the people through the doors. "Mummy, can I get get Fifa?" "Yes, but I'll get it in Tesco when I do the shopping"

LY 200
No i meant buying power with regards to trade buying power - Surely EA or whoever distributes the games to the likes of Tesco, Asda, Game etc get more business form Game as that is there sole trade!?

You answered my question anyway - It is because they are selling the games on either a tiny mark up or at a loss.

I doubt EA care tbh. Tesco will sell a lot more copies than Game. EA still get the cash.

I remember reading that a lot of the little independent stores wouldn't bother ordering the top titles from their normal distribution channels and would go to Tesco and buy them from there. Then take them back to their stores and stick £5 on.

There is 3,279 Tesco's stores. Game have 1,349.

DCi
im playing 6 a side tonight with a mate who works in game, gonna see what the low down is on getting an early copy.

sticking to game as i have trade ins but hopefully he will sort me out tomorra

172 Cup
I imagine its not in shops until tomorrow.

Gutted at paying £38 when I could have just gone into tesco/asda and paid far less.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I'm just pleased I'm paying nothing, but I did have to trade in a f*cking lot of decent games I don't play anymore for the credit.

none :(
thats why i never pre order games

scutch you may find independant shops may sell it, my local game shop sold me gta 4 five days early and i also had ufc 2 days beofre offical release

none :(
How very dare you

Now that there are last minute blocks etc i may not slide as much - tbh you were looking for the fouls runnings into my slide tackles lol

Si

RS Clio 172
contemplating trading in some games tomorrow. i hate trading in games though.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
contemplating trading in some games tomorrow. i hate trading in games though.

Me too. I got £75 for about 9 games, some decent ones too. F*ck it though, I was never going to play them again.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Game are charging £49.99 for the game. Robbing c*nts.

The problem I have is that I had £75 on a Game store card from trading in unused tat. But I'm not putting £49.99 on that. No chance.

I've just called Morrisons and they're charging £30.99 so I've pre-ordered one for tomorrow morning.

No doubt Call of Duty MW2 will be the same £49.99. God only knows how much the Forza 3 LCE version would be.

Last edited:

Chris V6 255

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 255, 182 Trophy
Sweet!!! Gonna get it from asda, play it for a couple of weeks till forza then trade it in at game exchange for £27 HAPPY DAYS :)

Si

RS Clio 172
I was going to head to gamestation with my trade ins. Think I'll only trade in gta4 and fifa09 now anyway.

Any idea what gamestation are charging?

I have given in, Im going to collect a 360 tonight from a local lad,

Found via gumtree so lets hope i dont get stabbed ect ;)

60g hdd
hdmi
2 wirless pads
2 wirless headpieces
cod 4
cod wow
pgr4
pes2009

£100 = bargain!