ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Finally got the CUP finished (For now!)

221bhp/ton Mondial Terror
Bin spending the last few months getting my cup all upto scratch. A few mods along the way. Heres a few of it before I started!

DSC01522.jpg

DSC01523.jpg

DSC01520.jpg

So the first thing i did was to replace the dodgy cat back scorpion exhaust system. So a trip to cardiff to see Charlie at Prospeed. After seeing Len beaches car i decided to go with a twin tail pipe option cut nicely into the bumper. Along with a silenced de-cat pipe. All I can say is Charlie and his lads work was excellent. It has a nice raspy sports sound to the exhaust and the guy was so helpful. Had my tyres replaced and fitted some Falken 451's in 205/45/zr16. They are nice and grippy in the dry but wear as quick as f**k! Not long after some goodies from k-tec arrived. ITG panel filter and a carbon fibre front splitter. Got straight to work fitting these, removing the pipercross open cone filter. Adding the original airbox, removing the acoustic valve and adding 2 custom cold air feeds. Next trip was to see Ben R at angelworks. There i had some brembo max discs fitted (already had goodridge braided hoses and feredo ds2500 pads), eibach sportlines from venommotorsport, Matched inlets and finally a AWT/RS Tuning remap! All i can say is the drive home was fantastic! A completely different car!:cool: Got hold of some clio cup decals for the skirts and a second trip to powerstation for another dyno run and I was all done!

Here are the dyno results and a video.
http://s96.photobucket.com/albums/l162/Quade1881/?action=view&current=MOV01538.flv

Final result was 199.9 bhp and 212.7nm of torque (156.9 ft/lb)

DSC01697.jpg

Here comparing the dyno results before and after the mods!

DSC01698.jpg

The final thing to do was to give the cup a proper clean! Started by giving it a good wash with autoglym conditioning shampoo. Clayed it and then washed it again. Polished using SRP and waxed using Meguiars tech wax! Not realising the tech wax has polish in it too! doh!

Hope you like.:cool:

DSC01652.jpg

DSC01655.jpg

DSC01649.jpg

DSC01648.jpg

DSC01645.jpg

DSC01643.jpg

DSC01532.jpg

DSC01642.jpg

DSC01663.jpg

DSC01664.jpg

DSC01651.jpg

Well thats about it for now. Future mods are trophy/v6 spoiler, Coilovers and cams. Tempted to buy another P1 but need to buy a bigger house first! the joys of havin a family!:(

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Looks mint! I did almost die when i saw that exhaust though.

About £220 for the matched inlets. Thats fitted with a new gasket too!

Chocolate Bar™
looks like a minter, wouldnt bother with the V6 spoiler as it wont look overly different and they cost a fortune

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
If that had a single exhaust, that would be my perfect Cup I think! very very nice.

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Like it all apart from the exhaust. Very similar to what i wanna have done on mine with the inlet matching and RS remap.

Leon Cupra 300
Seems quite optimistic RR figures, i'd of guessed 185 at the most with them maps.... but it still looks awesome! :D

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
yeh, bit optimistic, Both me and chris and nic just got into the 190's with headwork and 182 mani's.

Looks nice tho! :)

Yeah I thought the 200 bhp was abit off. But had to keep it to the same rollers I used before, so atleast i know i have made about a 19 bhp gain with the mods! It did have a pipercross open cone filter and scorpion cat back system on it before i started the engine mods. The pro-speed sound good. Its not too loud round town but when you open it up and the cams come in it sounds awesome. Well for a clio anyway!:D

The pro-speed with silenced de-cat and new exhaust bracket was £430. ITG Panel filter was £48. CAF tubing and trumpet £20, Matched inlets plus fitting £220. RS tuning map £265. So in total £983. Not bad but well worth every penny. It holds peek power till 7800 rpm. Is definately abit quicker than standard.