ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Finally.

If you have a laptop it also worth investing in a VAGcom cable , decent self diagnostic and lets you change/mod stuff on the car ie turn on coming home lights and central looking blips. Not sure what you can/can't do on the 8L. Audisport.net is your friend.

If you have a laptop it also worth investing in a VAGcom cable , decent self diagnostic and lets you change/mod stuff on the car ie turn on coming home lights and central looking blips. Not sure what you can/can't do on the 8L. Audisport.net is your friend.

Nice, knowledge from where fella? PM if necessary. Like the blips as usually go back to it thinking did I or didn't I.

Home coming lights are a nice addition on the others as well.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Nice, knowledge from where fella? PM if necessary. Like the blips as usually go back to it thinking did I or didn't I.

Your mum is a small hooker and your dad lives in epping.

ross-tech are the original makers of it but they are based in the US
in the uk youve got Gendan,Ilexa and a few others that supply it.

Its next on my list of purchases,lets you do everything.
Buy from any of them and itll have licensing software etc built in and everything needed

Just seems pretty expensive fella. The software is free from Ross Tech, not sure paying 200£ for a cable is necessary. Plus I don't have serial on my laptops.

The only thing that I've heard going wrong with third party cables is burning the USB ports. Have a secondary, fairly quick laptop in the house that no one uses, so will be using that.

Will update with how I get on. Only want the window closure, alarm blip and autolock, so will see :)

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Nothing much chap. Needs a serious detail. Simple things like new wipers, side lights to tie in colour wise, small part respraying. That's about it. Probably a remap and maybe a set of these alloys;

2617053115_ef3b8b8b6f.jpg

Yes.

:cool:

Just seems pretty expensive fella. The software is free from Ross Tech, not sure paying 200£ for a cable is necessary. Plus I don't have serial on my laptops.

The only thing that I've heard going wrong with third party cables is burning the USB ports. Have a secondary, fairly quick laptop in the house that no one uses, so will be using that.

Will update with how I get on. Only want the window closure, alarm blip and autolock, so will see :)

It's much more than that mate , it's a diagnotic tool , thats seconded only by the real VAG ones they have at the stealers/good indies. it pretty much tells you everything you need to know about the car , good if your getting a remap , it shows fueling/air , ect. You can even do BHP logs on it. Have a proper read up on it , most would say pay the extra , have a look in the for sale sections on AS.n or the bay.

Thanks for the advice chap, understand what it's all about but it is not something I will be doing (remapping myself or looking at fuel % etc), just not something that I understand so wouldn't go near it!

Totally understand where you are coming from, but I just want these options switched on, not the full diagnostics, although this will read fault codes + I have a list of what these denote.

Well the car is now sporting the simple modifications as above;

1. Tiny alarm beep when locking
  2. Closure/opening of windows with key remote
  3. Autoclosure of doors above 5mph and autounlock when key removed from ignition
  4. Dual zone unlock. 1 click for drivers, 2 clicks for boot and passenger door
All tiny mods, and all with a £20 lead. Very happy :) Took all of 5 minutes, once read up so I knew what I was doing without having to consult the info every second.

306 GTI-6
It does 'come' with those options, you just have to switch them on as JD has done.

Loving the car, alwasy liked S3s. With the wheels like the one pictured, yours will be sweet JD.

Awesome!

Why did it just come with all that standard though?

It does 'come' with those options, you just have to switch them on as JD has done.

Loving the car, alwasy liked S3s. With the wheels like the one pictured, yours will be sweet JD.

Precisely as the man above has said Alex, they just need selecting, either from factory or by running VAG COM leads to the port.

So certainly a few years have passed, since I updated this.

Car has "changed" substantially over the last three years, but not that most would know. I ended up having a snapped front spring, two rear corroded springs and mildly "mistin" rear shocks. Decided to do a full suspension refresh, incl top mounts, shocks, springs, suspension arms, bushes, drop links... think that was everything. Car came away from Awesome GTI in Manchester feeling superb. Tracking was a little out but was soon sorted with a trip to a local Hunter laser alignment garage.

Then I contracted the power bug and bought a Badger 5 3"TIP, Jetex filter, upgraded 007p valve from Forge and remap, all fitted at AMD Essex. Car put out 225.6 on their rollers, backed up by my logging air mass at 180.1g. Came away from AMD "feeling" faster, due to the superb induction noise, but over time really didn't feel that much quicker. I also had a RR print off of 240 horses. Little disappointed and got some absolute chat from AMD about a wet rolling road and the car learning the map.

Few months (18 :eek:) later, I did some logging and realised it really wasn't right at 193g. It was also hesitant and uneasy on cold start up. Nothing major, but noticeable when gunning it up the bypass. Took it to a local trusted Inde, few logs later and he diagnosed a common issue of MAF failure/gunged up. Replaced that and the thing kicked out 223g of air on logging, translating to 278.75 horses, so a very happy boy and a massive difference in the.

I also uprated the brakes to go with the new performance and opted for Brembo discs, SuperBlue fluid and DS2500s on the front with standard Mintex on the rear - decent upgrade to say the least. Still thing the weight of the car needed better from new, like the 4pots from the Cupra R, but meh.

In between all this it had been detailed, taken to London with my move for a new job, mirrors nicked so replaced at a cost of £300 from eBay, bumped a few times and has a few London war wounds.

It's gone from 67k to 87 k in almost four years, so low mileage. Only real time I drive it is to the shops, GF's parents (30 mins of straight roads) and back Oop North...

The Quattro sees off all bad weather in the NW and Lakes, it's planted on the motorway, does 35-8mpg on CC at 70 in sixth, will play the 70-120 game with ease to overtake, get out of the way, whatever I need to use the power for etc etc. It does handle like a barge, as shown up by chasing Rob and Ant/Scrooge around the Unit back roads a few months back but keeps up with the best of them en route to Silverstone, where it was used as a van.

So four years of ownership and couldn't be happier. Love the thing. Turns heads with how clean it still is, never ended up replacing the wheels, or even refurbing them tbh. Looks, goes and sounds just how I want it. All in all, happy lad.

Cleaning;

View attachment 104357

Stickered up for Silverstone by Ant, Yellow Dave, Rob, few others and I;

View attachment 104358

View attachment 104359

View attachment 104360

View attachment 104361

C2V3 and AF Tripple;

debymu9a.jpg

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Lols! Love the Esquire bus! Hope you're well mate, really love the S3, major soft spot for them as an all rounder. Shame they aren't just that bit better on fuel.

Nice little write up as usual, lol at Ant's determination face in that pic.

Lol, aye, lol'd at that as well. Lad did well!

What's the plate all about, J-Dizzle ?!

Why did I not know you lot were down there...!? Proper The Unit meet needed again ASAP (Ant).

Was a few months back lad, but defo need to organise something and meet your evil self!

It's because he's so posh and blasé about everything, it's like, "S3, so?"

Also, you did know, and was all like "nahhhh".

Lolstec/

I was there to.

His chosen to miss my name out.
smiley6.gif

Ha, buddy, not at all, just started writing out all names and got bored/lazy!!

Lols! Love the Esquire bus! Hope you're well mate, really love the S3, major soft spot for them as an all rounder. Shame they aren't just that bit better on fuel.

Aye lad, it's fine for what I use it for. Managed to get about 100 bags of top soil and decent rolls of turf when I redid the garden too, so good all rounder!

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Looks very tidy. I need a tip and map...lol

Is logging easy to do? I need to do it for mine and see what its running roughly.

Looks very tidy. I need a tip and map...lol

Is logging easy to do? I need to do it for mine and see what its running roughly.

Chap, as easy as plug, click, drive. BUT you need a decent USB lead and the RossTech software @ $99/£99 can't remember which. It's bloody useful for diagnosing faults and generally checking up on the car. Also activated a few things as per the first few pages of the thread and have done simple things like brake reset, service! reset, TB realign etc. Talk to me if you want more info, can put up logs as well.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Ah I have the RossTech free software. VCDS lite. I may have to buy the proper one as I have annoying service indicator coming on although it doesn't need to be service for another 6k..

Ah I have the RossTech free software. VCDS lite. I may have to buy the proper one as I have annoying service indicator coming on although it doesn't need to be service for another 6k..

Yeah I did, but you could do naff all with it. It looks like a big hit initially but it's definitely worth it (for me especially with all VW/Audis in the house).

Few updates - car needs the cambelt doing, so booked in for next weekend. Also needed two new rear tyres, so ContiSports5 going on the front this weekend with the fronts to the back.

Clean as always.

View attachment 108145

y7e8y4e4.jpg

muja6ure.jpg

And then got a little silly, after catching the modding bug again after a recent trip to Scrooge's Unit where we fitted a new oil pickup pipe etc... so have ordered a few new bits like plugs, a vac pipe to simplify the PCV system that is known for leaks and... maybe these;

View attachment 108146

Decided the car does everything I need. With a new MAF it outstrips a lot of stuff on the road. Decent boot and comfy. Quattro is just funny with launches and in the wet recently it's been a blessing. So it'll be staying with a few mods and the extra for something RWD/Softtop going into the house for now.

Need to work out if the LCR pads are the same as Brembo Junior GT pads now, so I can order up some DS2500s, as well as get some more ATE Super Blue fluid.

Oooo good lad. I'll be keeping an eye on this for obvious reasons.

So what are you going to do to the PCV system? Something like this with a catch can?

http://uk-mkivs.net/topic/17685-18t-pcv-simplification-and-catch-can-installation/

Sorry, meant the N249 bypass for BAMs. Also planning the Catch Can but as and when. Audi Sporters don't seem to have a definitive answer on the best thing to buy and of course, all of the modding "leaders" fab their own as they know Bill@Badger5 etc.

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-forum-8l-chassis/197570-how-n249-bypass-amk-bam-engine.html