ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

First Post, First Car, First Project. What could go wrong eh? (mk2 1.2 16v)

Clio mk3
Yeah the lower the better ;) how low you thinkin of goin?

was thinking 30mm as i cant be bothered to scrape my bumper on speed bums because there's alot of them where i live. but im thinking of going 40mm. Still not decided on getting coilovers or just springs as theyre cheaper

TT QS
I dunno, i just know theres a blank bit of plastic mirrored onto the otherside where it will go, not sure if theres wiring there. but its only 2 cables anyway so easy job

Im sure I saw some wiring doing nothing in mine. Probably something non related knowing my luck lol. I'll check it out tomorrow. Love the car btw. Looks spot on

Yeah ill have a mooch tomorrow at college. Cheers pal! got abit of attention at MCM aswell which i was happy about :approve:

hmmmm

I had about 25mm clearance wheni got the tape measure out, hopefully havent mis-measured... i took the lip under the arch into account aswell so fingers crossed :p

So a new lad has started at our place, found out he's into cars and started talking.

Found out he works on the side at a body shop and sprays cars. He asked me if id ever want mine spraying, he could do it for £1500. Was abit skeptical at first but he showed me some of his work and from what i saw, its pretty damn good. Hes sprayed skylines, evos, scoobys right down to corsa's, clios etc. Obviously they were pics and i cant say until i saw the paint in person.

So now im slightly interested...

Wouldn't mind a white clio with gold & white lenso's.....

Cars been condensating extremely badly recently, and ive put it down to the sunrooof. i get mad wet patches at the top of the front pillars, and now my drives side footwell is soaked :/

im thinking of taking the sunroof out and sealing round the edge with silicon as i think the leak is there the plastic trim meets the roof. (so the water gets in the void between the roof & ceiling)

Anyone done this before? also anyone got any tips for drying the car out well?

fuckin sunroofs....

Cars been condensating extremely badly recently, and ive put it down to the sunrooof. i get mad wet patches at the top of the front pillars, and now my drives side footwell is soaked :/

im thinking of taking the sunroof out and sealing round the edge with silicon as i think the leak is there the plastic trim meets the roof. (so the water gets in the void between the roof & ceiling)

Anyone done this before? also anyone got any tips for drying the car out well?

f**kin sunroofs....

Yeahhhh welcome to the party! towel to soak it up, then either blow-dry the carpet, or if you can, remove the entire carpet and hand to dry as there's a load of water-absorbant foam under there.
Anyway, if that's not an option, blowdry it, or leave it running for an hour or so, max heater on full blast, leave a window down an inch or so to let the moist air out, downside is it costs a fortune in petrol and still wont get it totally dry.

Some silica gel, or moisture absorbers are pretty handy as well. If you cant remove the carpet, get some anti-fungal spray to keep the carpet from getting smelly.

That gap is part of the problem i think, there are a lot of videos on youtube about it and where you need to be putting sealant etc. I need it fixed on mine too as it's starting to flood again. I want to get it sorted before the snow comes!

Yeahhhh welcome to the party! towel to soak it up, then either blow-dry the carpet, or if you can, remove the entire carpet and hand to dry as there's a load of water-absorbant foam under there.
Anyway, if that's not an option, blowdry it, or leave it running for an hour or so, max heater on full blast, leave a window down an inch or so to let the moist air out, downside is it costs a fortune in petrol and still wont get it totally dry.

Some silica gel, or moisture absorbers are pretty handy as well. If you cant remove the carpet, get some anti-fungal spray to keep the carpet from getting smelly.

That gap is part of the problem i think, there are a lot of videos on youtube about it and where you need to be putting sealant etc. I need it fixed on mine too as it's starting to flood again. I want to get it sorted before the snow comes!

Pretty s**t party! ;)

Towel idea sounds handy, i presume removing the carpet would be an arse of a job... will get some spray this week and try and get the sunroof sealed. might have to tape a binbag over it for now aha!

will have a mooch on youtube now, see what i can find. My god if it snows, im gonna be fucked...

Cheers mate!

sunroof is done!

Ripped it out, cleaned it up, left it to dry. The void between my roof and ceiling was f**king soaking! all down the front pillars aswell

re-siliconed everything and bolted it back up, fingers crossed it holds! im gonna tape a bag over it tonight to let it dry properly, a quick test with a hose earlier showed no signs of leakage inside :)

Drain pipes were clear aswell so bonus!

Going to pick up a full sport interior this weekend

Canney waeeet!

Car is really coming along now, caught myself looking back at it when i leave it parked aha :eek:

I dont think i could get rid of it for a 1*2 haha!

Nice & stripped!

iGaL4mf.jpg

interior pics will follow tomorrow :)

Looks so so smart, i love it!

Had abit of nice weather today so i found time to get the car nice & clean :)

RT82lTBh.jpg

went out for abit after and managed to get afew snaps before the sun went down:

Fs5eKtdh.jpg

xgLUsUth.jpg

UuLcnl6h.jpg

G53XPaNh.jpg

Pbbsgqhh.jpg

And last but not least, afew snaps of the new seats!

N5SYhbth.jpg

PPp0MfUh.jpg

bNDzTBbh.jpg

Love them! so comfy, makes the car look a whole load smarter!
Still waiting on my spacers & my turn to get a retrimmed wheel, but the car has come a hell of a way :approve:

1.4 dynamique (soon)
looking lovely lad! always great to see someone thats got similar ideas to me! getting my 1.4 dynamique in the new year and il spend a bit on servicing (oils and spark plugs ect) then ill be straight into colour coding, clear indicators ect then on to the sport seats and some F1 alloys CANT WAIT

looking lovely lad! always great to see someone thats got similar ideas to me! getting my 1.4 dynamique in the new year and il spend a bit on servicing (oils and spark plugs ect) then ill be straight into colour coding, clear indicators ect then on to the sport seats and some F1 alloys CANT WAIT

Cheers pal!

Plans sound ace, you gonna throw up a project thread?

1.4 dynamique (soon)
yeah dude i will do soon as i get my car ! should be in march when i get my bonus but i sure will be all over the forum hah

1.4 dynamique (soon)
Had abit of nice weather today so i found time to get the car nice & clean :)

RT82lTBh.jpg

went out for abit after and managed to get afew snaps before the sun went down:

Fs5eKtdh.jpg

xgLUsUth.jpg

UuLcnl6h.jpg

G53XPaNh.jpg

Pbbsgqhh.jpg

And last but not least, afew snaps of the new seats!

N5SYhbth.jpg

PPp0MfUh.jpg

bNDzTBbh.jpg

Love them! so comfy, makes the car look a whole load smarter!
Still waiting on my spacers & my turn to get a retrimmed wheel, but the car has come a hell of a way :approve:

How hard is it to remove the old interior and fit in the sports lot mate?