ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

First Post, First Car, First Project. What could go wrong eh? (mk2 1.2 16v)

Oho! Size? Non-sport wings? I want to get some myself all round but don't want to have to deal with rubbage!

20mm all round! (bad idea)

Yup, standard wings :)

The fronts are spot on, no rubbing, look ace! The backs however, look perfect, but rub when i go over any slight bump :(

So i have a dilemma. Smaller spacers, or rolled arches... The previous owner bent the driver side rear arch inwards, so maybe rolling is the way to go?

Or... and just an or.. option 3, SUPER 1600 MAXI KIT.

I was going to get 15/16mm all round.
You could maybe find someone with smaller spacers and do a swap - difference in price for a few mm's probably wouldn't be worth considering. You could always roll the rears, ArchEnemy can do it for about a 100 odd quid if they're in your area.
Or perhaps adding a little camber on the rears?

haha good call ;)

Bradd.shepp had problems with his 16's rubbing on 16" wheels, ive PM'd him about it though.
Im not sure if 16mm would solve the issue though, might still rub...
i think id need to get the 'behind hub' spacers to pull the camber off OK though, which is alot of hassle for something i know very little about aha

Right, got afew pics of the spacers while they were on. will have to come off for now due to backs rubbing & possible knackered CV joint on the front (that and spacers on front with none on back looks weird aha)

Before:

1OJ85ml.jpg

After:

NldU0M4.jpg

pUsHVRK.jpg

AiaQ3nE.jpg

Gutted i didn't get any better pics

alexr19 They looked so, so good on the car! (good call btw ;)) shame they dont fit :/

Car is looking sick, would love to see it in person.

Cheers pal! hopefully will be at CSS next year with it :)

Gutted mate! The fit looks perfect to! Are you going to get some others?

Yeah man, it looked lush! but it was tearing up the rears something rotten, only went round the block! every slight bump was scrape, scrape, scrape :/

Hopefully the fronts will stay, ive started getting a knock when turning right & braking, but it may be a bad CV joint. Will be looking into 16mm's on the back, shame i dont know a machinist who could trim these down to 18mm though as i reckon that would solve it!

eitherthat or take an angle-grinder to the arches...

haha nah i've never been too keen on BBS, i much prefer some regular turinis or something, but if they're BBS they have to be wide and stretched to look good

yeah I do like a good se my of turinis aha :)

Tbf I was abit disappointed with how shallow my lensos were, but they still look ace so I'm happy with them

Cheers! :)

Really liked yours btw, my mate kept pushing me to have my lensos sprayed blue like yours aha!

Wouldn't mind mine being alittle lower though :p

A grey one
Cheers! :)
Really liked yours btw, my mate kept pushing me to have my lensos sprayed blue like yours aha!
Wouldn't mind mine being alittle lower though :p

Lol Thankyou, may it rest in peace ;)
i would do them white if I had a second go, do it!
lower it then, it's your car, every time I had an idea, the little devil on my shoulder popped up saying DOOOO ITTTTTT! :p

Haha too right!

Hmmm white, may be an idea ;)

Yeah its just a money/effort thing for an extra 10mm! I should be saving for a better car iirc ;)

Update!

16mm spacers are still to big haha! f***s sake :rasp:

Gonna see if my mate can machine them down afew mm, turning out to be a right PITA hahaha

Had an idea...

Has anyone ever grinded the lip away in the arch before? hard to explain but there's around 10mm of metal that's rolled inwards at the bottom of the arch, that's causing all the grief :p Just unsure as to whether it would affect the shape/strength etc.

TT QS
Had an idea...

Has anyone ever grinded the lip away in the arch before? hard to explain but there's around 10mm of metal that's rolled inwards at the bottom of the arch, that's causing all the grief :p Just unsure as to whether it would affect the shape/strength etc.

Ive considered it. Surely it's just the same as having it rolled as it would take the lip away. Protect the metal and it should be fine

Ive considered it. Surely it's just the same as having it rolled as it would take the lip away. Protect the metal and it should be fine

Yeah my thoughts exactly. What would be the best for protecting bare metal? was thinking of rubbing it down & clearcoating it inside the arch

For bare metal, Etch/ Wash primer

Cheers pal! I think grinding is the way to go, will sort it out over winter :)

Also will probably be going back to my dynamique alloys for afew months, just dont wanna ruin the polished dishes & if it snows ill never forgive myself if i slide into a curb and dink them haha! Will be looking into some half decent tyres for them if anyone could recommend any?

Clio 1.2 Dynamique
Cheers pal! I think grinding is the way to go, will sort it out over winter :)

Also will probably be going back to my dynamique alloys for afew months, just dont wanna ruin the polished dishes & if it snows ill never forgive myself if i slide into a curb and dink them haha! Will be looking into some half decent tyres for them if anyone could recommend any?

The wash primer is normally a yellow colour, so you would have to get it to bare metal, rub down your harsh scratches, wash primer then maybe aerosol your car colour where the etch is and then laquer over it. Unless the bare metal won't be seen anywhere

Nah its only gonna be the edge of the arch, basically cutting off a lip so it will only be the edge of the metal exposed. If that stuffs yellow its gonna get messy haha. i may just carefully clearcoat round the arch after