ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitting electric mirrors into 91 RT

Suzuki SV650

K, much to my delight the local breakers had a P reg Naples Red RSi when I took a quick visit their this afternoon, couldnt have any of the interior :( but I took both the wingmirrors for about £50 for the pair, oh, got the switch too that sits in the drivers door above the leccy window switches...

Now, has anyone fitted them to a car which has no electric mirrors? My car is a 91 1.4 RT and Im just not sure where I need to take the power feed from? Also, will they be heated mirrors and if so do they just heat up themselves or is there a switch somewhere for them?

You can fit them but instead of messing about with finding power feeds you would be better going back to the breakers and getting the proper looms out of the doors..makes things much easier and theres only a few connections to take off.

If they wnt let you take the doorcards off then you could try another breakers or contact someone like "Just Renault" in Walsall which can deliver things like that and have decent prices.

Russ

Suzuki SV650

No they wouldnt let me touch the door really as the whole interior was already sold and they didnt want me playing about with it. I was thinking I could take the power supply from the leccy window but I guess an OE loom would be better. Would I need to feed another wire from the door through the rubber grommet thing to the other door?