ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitting Valver Rear Shocks

RB 182 Cup
Ok, so i had no problem fitting the rear left side shock obsorber. But when it comes to undoing the lower bolt (into the hub) on the right side, it dosnt come all the way out because there is some sort of black storage tank in the way. I have tried jacking up the hub a bit but this dosnt really give much more room to play with. suggestions and/or solutions?

thanks peeps!

The black storage tank if the fuel tank.
Do what I did and get a long bar and get someone to pull the stearing arm down using it.

Its a universally stupid place to put a fuel tank. Tell you how they used to build them though they used to lift the fuel tank etc tank in afterwards

RB 182 Cup
pull the stearing arm down with a long bar? use it like a lever then? is this how a garage would do it? anyone else got any ideas on how to do this? its annoying me driving with one spax damper and one standard.

Ross16V said:
pull the stearing arm down with a long bar? use it like a lever then? is this how a garage would do it? anyone else got any ideas on how to do this? its annoying me driving with one spax damper and one standard.
Just pull that arm thingie down (its not the stearing arm sorry) Thats how I'd think a garage would do it otherwsie you have to start dropping the fuel tank or undo the torsion bar.

RB 182 Cup
well sod going anywhere near the torsion bar again, i hate the bloody thing. ok matey i will try it your way, cheers!