ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FLAME AWAY.....

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
cheers guys- going to give it a good drive now-

PSJ- what spacers do I need-

Steve

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Steve, this looks utterly superb.

I'd love you to give mine a polish, paintwork looks amazing.

Sam (Wick), you and I should get some pics, my ph1, your ph2 172 and Sam's ph2 182... nice little mk2 collection and all nice examples.

Oh and you should get a leather or faux leather OMP wheel, it'd go so much better with the seats!!! (like mine does)

That's perfection those seats are giving me movement! So nice! Wanted to do this in mine forever! how much work was it?!

Anyone breaking a 197 f1?!?! Haha :)

Italian 3.2 V6
What make of spacers fella?

Ino there hub-centric ones but not sure what brand. Stick to either Eibech or H&R spacers. Last thing you want to do is cut corners and buy cheap spacers, asking for trouble if you do lol.

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Thanks-

Well I budgeted 4.5k all in & Im there & probably going over by another £200- but we all know you can go on & on with a car-
I could have done exactly the same finish on a 3.6k budget with Cliospares Recaro trendlines-

The seats are new & fitted from Capital seating- although they havent got the airbag resistor correct I cant fault the seats, & for whoever asked they tilt forward-
The RRP is £860 per seat inc vat on the website + £260 for the rails- plus fitting- so well over 2k, however I struck a deal for 1.7-
I will probably buy a set of trendlines if I sell it & sell the seats seperate that way they are open to pretty much any buyer-

I could have done the same to a 182 but would have puhed the budget up on the net difference on the price on the 2 variations- probably nearer 6k-

Im still 50/50 whether to keep in next year- always a good car to have- lots & lots of people are going back to 172'-s
I dont think the car reflect the price, the seats finish it- although it has be said the other mods took it halfway to start-

Cheers...

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Ignore me then you fucker, it looks awesome though, like really. Seats are the nicest I've seen in a Clio, ever. I think they'd go very well in my TT when I get it too ;)

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Exactly what id do to a flamer, get some new bullets (dont go red) and dont change the wheels either!

I'd probably run an o.e exhaust but i'm a poof like that!

Perfect, want a 197 cup in px?

;)

S3 Sportback, Ninja
Chuck me a pm if your getting rid of the seats anytime soon, I have some corbeau leather buckets to px if you fancy them.. Obv give you cash aswel

Disastra Coupe
Looks awesome... However after being used to seeing mine with the spacers your wheels look like they're hiding in a cave to me. Get it done :)

Disastra Coupe
Just noticed pic's of mine have already been posted.

They're ebay spacers. 20mm front and 15mm rear.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RENAULT-C...Wheels_tyres_Trim_Nuts_ET&hash=item43a7f1a238

and

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RENAULT-C...im_Nuts_ET&hash=item43a45cc722#ht_3266wt_1270

I get slight rubbing on hard cornering. It's where the arch liner bulges for the bumper bracket. Also say, going down the motorway, if you get a dip it will sometimes scrub a little then.

Any more questions just drop me a PM :)

Car does look lovely though! Very nice.

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
I was told you couldnt fit those seats in a ph2 clio.

Think I'll be getting on the phone to Capitol seating, ordering some frames and looking out for a pair of 197/200 seats

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
thanks peep & yes rob a meet for some pics-maybe bluewater?

Spacers - will have a look on the links for the prices

S

Megane 225 F1
That is fecking awesome mate. I'm well jealous of those seats. Perfect.

Like Rob has said, I have a cup spoiler that has your name on it ;)

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
I was told you couldnt fit those seats in a ph2 clio.

Think I'll be getting on the phone to Capitol seating, ordering some frames and looking out for a pair of 197/200 seats

Yeah you can't fit the Renault ones as they are on custom frames for the mk3, they are actually part of the seat. The ones Steve has are aftermarket cs's, they have a flat base to mount different subframes to them, like the trendlines.

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
Look's ace Steve, would perhaps look more oem with the steering wheel re-trimmed in black suede etc to match the seats, for me it would be cup spoiler & some decent coil overs and just enjoy driving it!

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Top marks mate, look great. It's good you kept an eye on budget price and stuck to it (barring a few coins) it's so easy for the budget to get out of budget range!

Those seats look really good. Its quite an expensive upgrade but looking at it it's well worth it :)

Liking the idea of keeping the sabelt wheel and Retrimming it red. Would you go the same red as the body if so? I really like the look of the resessed exhaust too :)

Get some hubcentric spacers and (willdots) cup spoiler on there and it's dine IMO. :)

172 Ph2, Mk1 MX5 1.8
Well that looks just fantastic !

You've given me so many ideas for my own motor :D

172 Cup
Mate that is seriously fooking nice! one of/if not my favourite flamer i seen! well jelous of the recaro's lol

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
I think ive had my fill on 182 LYs lol-

So many thinks that can be done to the little cars-I could spend a couple of hundred on the engine bay, another £100 on the interior- Another £300 on the spoiler after spraying- then theres tuning lol..

Maybe a little more in the coffers.... If I was going down the cup spoiler route I should have done it when I had all the other spraying done-

S