ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Flame Red 172's .... Many left?

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
Hi all. I thought I'd resurrect this thread almost 10 years later.
I've owned my Flamer now for about 7-8 years and it's been a journey for sure.

I am also interested in how many are left as this thread came up after searching to see any for sale to gauge a rough estimate for mine, not that it's for sale though.
No way to know for sure, but I'll make an educated guess.
There were apparently 3059 172 (non-cups) sold in the UK, howmanyleft.co.uk, which isn't known for being super accurate, says 3155 were registered in 2005.
480 of the original ~3100 were flame red, I don't think this includes grey market imports which were common at the time either.
There are apparently 406 licensed 172s as of 2022 Q3 (861 SORN), so assuming flamers have died at the same rate as every other colour, I'd guess ~50 licensed flamers.

Mcaff

ClioSport Club Member
IMG_5666.jpeg

If I was to hazard a guess it would be somewhere between 20 - 40 road cars left. A lot of them burst for parts / crashed or turned into track cars and left to rot. I know of about 4 off the top of my head in Scotland in all varying states 2 of them are track only cars.

A real shame as I think it has got to be one of the best 172 colours. I will be keeping a hold of mine I recon.