ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Flame Red 172's .... Many left?

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
I can only seem to find a handful of flamers on PH's/ebay/AT. Most are on at least 100k with issues :( I'm not paying 3.5k for a low mileage, non existent history one either.

It is looking gloomy for my flamer revival.

Get your our names down if you have one, pics just to torment me if you like. ( and if you fancy selling) :eek:

Help me me find one CS !

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Surely your Inferno is almost a Flamer but a lot better.

Clarkman

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Flamer
I have a flamer ph2 which I bought from here for £2k and was in fairly decent condition.. I would just keep looking!

Flamer Clio 172
Mines on 102k still good ,
7FC895FE-DE4F-400C-8A55-06B4087E1593_zpsd2aqyiua.jpg

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
So you want:

Relatively rare car in mint condition
on low miles
At a good price
straight away

Pick two from that list no drama, maybe three if you are lucky, but the odds of getting all 4 are pretty slim, lol

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
there was one on ebay for £3500 with 39k, sat nav and apparently full history looked mega clean too! I was tempted by it!

I viewed it last week. Zero history! Cambelt was only stamped in book & the dealers were nasty people tbh. Very poorly spoken to, felt wrong. Said I could only drive it if I were to buy it!

I'm not fussed on mega low miles, just good history & not a poo box ;)

Lovely cars guys, keep em coming!

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
I viewed it last week. Zero history! Cambelt was only stamped in book & the dealers were nasty people tbh. Very poorly spoken to, felt wrong. Said I could only drive it if I were to buy it!

ahh that's a shame! looked a cracker in the pics too, but at that top money you expect perfect!

I gave up looking for a clean one and bought a cheap heap that was straight and went to town on it, ended up just being one thing after another and I gave up on it and sold it on, spent a whack on it first though!! heres the project thread http://www.cliosport.net/forum/show...rtin_172-again!!!&highlight=martin_172+flamer

Clio 172 turbo
Must have a few mods to knock 193 on rollers

As lee said home made exhaust using magnaflow silencers and 2.5inch stainless tubing, I ported the inlets, ktec style induction and ktec style induction kit and must have a map don't know who buy tho as that's the only thing not done by me or in the history and I have a big folder of history.

5A941F04-73D2-482B-AEC4-0D72830C3688.jpg

BA87138E-5D84-4FD8-AC91-2B4AFA1D8846.jpg

My dad's got one, he's had it for about 12 years, 52 reg one, factory sat nav & 100% standard etc.
He'll never sell it though, not that he really likes it etc, he just talks sh*t when I speak to him. He keeps on about Porsches etc, but he will never buy one.

Lozza-p

ClioSport Club Member
  BG FF 182

I'm not fussed on mega low miles, just good history & not a poo box ;)

Lovely cars guys, keep em coming!

Was that the one at silver stream cars? They have now raised the price too

Malaman172

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault Clio 172
I bought a flamer last august 53 plate with only 24000 mls on clock with one owner from new and full history for £2600 which I thought was an excellent deal tbh! It's now on 29500 and not had anything major go wrong with it yet!

It's a colour that looks distinctly average when the car's bodywork hasn't been looked after (says the one with Iceberg lol). Some of them in here look awesome I must add.