ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Forza 3

MKIII 138
I am with Chris on this! It is an improvment in my view. Maybe all the geeks have got so excited they were expecting photo realism I dont know?

There is a clear improvment. What gets me is EVERYTIME a driving game is released it is obvious photo mode cars will NOT look like the models when racing yet people still expect them to? Are people really that retarded. Just play the bloody thing LOL

its the same power from the console and yet the gfx have improved loads. also the 360 has been out for a while now and is reaching its full potencial.

now on a topflight pc with direct x11 at full 1080p or higher and 60fps and all the goodies on it will look as good as photomode.

After my initial concerns I've warmed to the handling. I'm also reminding myself the demo is a small snapshot, the cars arent like the tuned ones in my Forza 2 garage which I've had hours to fiddle with and tweek, the circuit is new so not a back to back comparison and that it's got a fuckload of crests and dips to unsettle the car. Brakes are alot better with ABS off this time round IMO, don't seem as prone to locking up.

After my initial concerns I've warmed to the handling. I'm also reminding myself the demo is a small snapshot, the cars arent like the tuned ones in my Forza 2 garage which I've had hours to fiddle with and tweek, the circuit is new so not a back to back comparison and that it's got a f**kload of crests and dips to unsettle the car. Brakes are alot better with ABS off this time round IMO, don't seem as prone to locking up.

Yeah competely agree. It's not really the best track to get a true view of how the cars handle as the weight is constantly transfering around the car with all the crests bumps, camber etc. The braking is a significant improvement over Forza2 as I can now actually drive with the Abs off, which I found nigh impossible previously. It would have been nice to have a few more cars and maybe one more track to be able to compare, although I think that is expecting a bit too much!

I'd have loved Tsukuba to have been in the demo, we'd have then had a short track that was already in Forza 2 which is pretty flat and easy to feel loading on tyres weight transfer, traction loss etc without all the "distractions" you get as a result of the track they've given us. Still, under a month until my LCE appears and I can play about with a larger selection of cars and settings.

Lol, Che is the Community manager if you're talking about the first vid with Fujimi Kaido, sadly looks like he cant drift for s**t.

MKV R32
26092009055.jpg

not baaaaaaaaaad.

Savage game tbh

The Bus and MRT
That downhill track looks like a good challenge! :)

D.

And yet again they show it off with someone that can't drive... Why don't they get someone to demo the game that can drift properly like in this vid

[GT]56683[/GT]

My mates think the part where a car spins through two stationary cars is b****cks though.

Nippy white cup
Its great as long as you don't expect the photomode super AA'd pics in game lol

Tbh I can't wait for the photomode especially looking at the backdrops on the demo

Chris

Citroen DS3 DSport
Yeah I never expected the graphics to match the photomode versions we have seen so far but so long as they still look good and the car physics is accurate then I'll be happy.

05 Plate MG ZR 105 Trophy
Yeah I never expected the graphics to match the photomode versions we have seen so far but so long as they still look good and the car physics is accurate then I'll be happy.

Same here tbh... Most gaming companies employ people to touch up there screenshots anyway, so I am puzzled how people would expect it to be as good as the screenshots released. IMHO they are still pretty good graphics and it blew me away playing the demo so much so that I went on the tin'ternet and pre-ordered my Limited Edition copy.

I have always found Turn10 to lack graphical flaire compared to the GT series anyway, so far!.

Golf gti ed30+bmw m3
I don't think anyone expected it to look like the photomode, the problem is them constantly banging on aout 10x polys and 10x texture resolution etc on cars when in reality that only apply to the stationary menu cars. The models used in game are nothing to shout about. You can even see the model switch just after it does the auto rev crap, it drops to a much lower detail model and the glass blackens so you can barely see the interior.

Also in their promo videos, the high lod models are used, which again was just misleading everyone more.

850 T5. mmmm Turbo!
has forza turned into a gay arcade drift race game?

i lived the fact that drifting was a slower way round a track on a game for a change!

106 GTI
has forza turned into a gay arcade drift race game?

i lived the fact that drifting was a slower way round a track on a game for a change!

It is still slower and you really need to play it to feel the differences, the more im playing the demo the more im growing to like the subtle changes. Like all the small crests which require complete throttle control to stop it spinning up

182 FF
Downloaded the demo the other day and it didn t dissapoint!
Any body know a good place to get the limited edition version for a good price?
£50 or less really.

Nippy white cup
i think the cars feel too heavy and the steering too slow. i find it very hard to lose control if you know what i mean
I found the cars felt heavier (which I thought was great) but I thought even the mini was easily put out of shape especially under braking at speed

Chris