ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Front hub nut thread spec?

NBG182

ClioSport Club Member
  BG 182FF
Does anyone know the thread spec for the front hub nuts on the 182 with cup pack?

Threading the nut on is really tight, I'd like to run a die down the threads on the driveshaft to clean em up, but not sure what size to order.

I'm assuming metric, around m20? Not sure of the pitch, difficult to measure atm as it's assembled onto the car.

Cheers!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

stebat

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Does anyone know if this can be into put into nm and degrees? e.g. 100nm +60Deg

I know FT will do but I've got OCD and don't want to buy a larger torque wrench :) Got to stop spending money!!

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
Ahh, bit low that yeah.

Maybe just swing off it with a breaker bar, that should be about right 😂

NBG182

ClioSport Club Member
  BG 182FF
Ahh, bit low that yeah.

Maybe just swing off it with a breaker bar, that should be about right [emoji23]
Gonna be honest, I did mine up to an educated FT.

Hanging 50kg off the end of a breaker bar gives 490 newtons. My breaker is 24" long (0.6m ish), so that 50 kg gives 294Nm (490*0.6) - about right.

I'm more than 50kg so if I'm hanging all my weight off that breaker it's gonna be over torqued. I ain't huge so if I'm hanging say 70% of my weight off that breaker it's probably about right.

So either do that or whip round to the nearest independent garage and throw em some beer money to crack the torque wrench out.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo

Thats a toy torque wrench. Definitely invest in a bigun that will go up to 300nm or so.

Failing that breaker bar, which did me proud on hub nuts for years, and is ok if you have a good feel for how tight things should be done. Got to be careful you dont go too tight though.