ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Front pad/disc alternatives for a 1.5dCi?

Clio 1.5dCi
Hi everyone - newbie here hoping to get some advice... I have a Mk3 1.5dCi 106bhp which is in need of new discs and pads on the front. The car will only ever see a track from the car park - my commute is mostly ring road driving with lots of roundabouts and my driving style can be spirited :eek: Renault have quoted me just under £200 fitted for the standard offering and I was wondering if I could get a pad/disc combination that might perform better for a similar price. I've looked about a bit at a lot of posts and, if there are options, would prefer to avoid anything known for squealing and excessive amounts of brake dust.

Any thoughts appreciated :D

Ged

PD130 Peach
i just use mintex discs and OMP fast road pads, along with some decent brake fluid and it has very much improved braking performance!

Discs 40 quid, pads 35 quid, brake fluid change, 20 quid... cheap cheap :)

But for what is not a very slow car, the standard brakes are pap. You cant even find proper performance pads for the standard mk3 clios, unless you want to spend 150 on mintex performance... i think the setup i have on the same car as yours is ideal.