ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

GDI Engine Build For YozzaSport

Must have been a mission getting it that clean under the bonnet. Yozzas a grubby b*****d and i doubt it will be that clean again ... ever!!

Clio 197

Wow...

Itll be very exciting to see what you get out of it, and how it stands up to the job too.

Cant wait to hear it roar past me @ future track-days.

Checks his bank balance....

Quote: Originally posted by cli0 172 on 19 August 2005
Will need to make sure my lights arent workin next time we meet up y0z so i can get a shot of this one ;)

LOL, youd be welcome again mate.

:-D

/y0z

VaVa

lol @ "fred woz ere (see new paint)" !!!

Cant wait to see/hear this beauty up and running....:D

[Edited by lagerlout1 on 20 August 2005 at 12:35am]

Remapped derv Golf

Looking gud! Love the massive filter.

Surprised some smartarse hasnt said silvervisions.

Love the Fred woz ere graffiti

Quote: Originally posted by Adamf on 21 August 2005
Surprised some smartarse hasnt said silvervisions.

Haha.
:D

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider

silvervisions in yozs car..... its hardcore this thing.... he does not even have door cards.... !!!

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider

lol! I know, just did not want to say it.... but hey!

however would be fun to put the pink car back to road use..

A.

quality engine, think it deserves a better shell to go into tho... like a Williams ;)

the light weight rusting panels will be more of an advantage too :p

Quote: Originally posted by Bubbles on 21 August 2005

is that a sunflower yellow 172 in the background? whats happening to that?? :)
Thats been there for a while I dont think its anyone from here though.

Throttle bodies with long trumpets and its still keeping the airconditioning.

LiquidPhoto.co.uk

saw this yesterday, its awesome!!!

and i drove around on his wheels for two weeks! some of my brake dust is gona be flying round the ring!! hehe

i have brought it back up to the north, we tried to get it finished in time to catch the ferry, but were too late, so, will have to take it out the the ring in between all of the other outings that it has got booked.

/y0z

130i, 306 hdi, vrs

Im going to the ring for a week on the 15th of september , are you out there then i would love to see this beast in action !

Donny on Friday mate and then again in a few weeks and then again in October for WC day.

Been taking it quite steady with it so far, want to make sure that it gets shaken down slowly (HONEST MLORD)

Have a feeling that the gearbox that I have put in might be a dog, but apart from that, its very very impressive. My friend let me take it up and down his drive and we think that it does a standing 0-100 in about 12 seconds - thats what he says, i think that that may be a little optimistic. BTW he lives in a lovely country hall with a 2 mile straight drive before anyone gives me a load of grief about speeding.

GDI have done an excellent job, and this will be the first of many builds that they do for us. We have 2 more that we are doing over the next few weeks to various specifications.

Our Clio V6 255 Throttle Body conversion kit is coming on steadily with the final design work going on over the next few weeks. We expect to have the body kit available 2nd week of October.

Clio 182 coilovers are finished - to be fitted on Thursday this week! at last, Bilstein have been working closely with Eibach to get a brilliant spring set up, based around a completely re-worked sportline spring to get some great rear set up that a lot of kits have lacked to date.

/y0z

battery is in the boot - dry cell redtop battery & box with cut off in boot and in dashboard (just in case)

Freds work on both this one and the 182 with some lovely wiring. He did a stormer on all the parts he worked on on both the cars. Including providing a spare crank - LOL

:-D

/y0z

Quote: Originally posted by MiniCooper1380 on 23 August 2005
What are the power and torque? And about camshaft and head?

full details will be on the site over the next few weeks.

want to get it onto the rollers now to iron out a few flat spots. will publish all the details on the dyno figures and the rolling road figures then. Not being deceptive, just being realistic about the figures.

/y0z